• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AT / Mechanics Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's been known; it should only work with Rosalina because when she auto cancels an aerial during its startup, luma still completes the aerial, causing shield-stun that allows you to grab.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, I understand how it works. Just idle contemplation over whether through oversight an aerial or two slipped through the cracks having a hitbox that comes out during the autocancel window. You'd be able to do this with those aerials as well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just idle contemplation over whether through oversight an aerial or two slipped through the cracks having a hitbox that comes out during the autocancel window. You'd be able to do this with those aerials as well.
That would only be the aerials with hitboxes on landing, and there really aren't that many, and I don't think any of them are capable of auto cancelling at the same time.
(Pika down air/game and watch down air auto cancel after their hitboxes + the time frame a hitbox would still come out on landing).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So peach has a 0-death on seemingly the entire cast. It's a little tricky to do, but there's a much easier version that takes most of the cast to 70 . Throw a turnip down -> footstool, float to cancel the footstool, sourspot nair to regrab turnip -> repeat. Takes about 5 minutes to learn, if that. The "tricky" version isn't much harder, just enough to where someone can't do it after viewing it once -- I was able to do at least one iteration after seeing the nair infinite and once I was able to get 3 in a row I could do as many as the game would allow.

The hard part is for peach to get it started. You have to be standing RIGHT next to them, meaning it only works if Peach has a turnip in her hand and you spot dodge or roll to a vulnerable spot... or have your shield broken or are put to sleep.

Luckily for peach, her toad counter puts you to sleep! The wakeup animation seems to give you enough time to start the infinite at 0%. Peach's toad only puts you to sleep if you are grounded, so the counter to it is "use aerials" or "grab".

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So peach has a 0-death on seemingly the entire cast. It's a little tricky to do, but there's a much easier version that takes most of the cast to 70 . Throw a turnip down -> footstool, float to cancel the footstool, sourspot nair to regrab turnip -> repeat. Takes about 5 minutes to learn, if that. The "tricky" version isn't much harder, just enough to where someone can't do it after viewing it once -- I was able to do at least one iteration after seeing the nair infinite and once I was able to get 3 in a row I could do as many as the game would allow.

The hard part is for peach to get it started. You have to be standing RIGHT next to them, meaning it only works if Peach has a turnip in her hand and you spot dodge or roll to a vulnerable spot... or have your shield broken or are put to sleep.

Luckily for peach, her toad counter puts you to sleep! The wakeup animation seems to give you enough time to start the infinite at 0%. Peach's toad only puts you to sleep if you are grounded, so the counter to it is "use aerials" or "grab".
This sounds more situational than Diddy's in Brawl and easier to mess up.

Even with Sleepy toad, which has a counter up time worse than Roy's in Melee and only puts them to sleep when they are on the ground. I don''t think she will be getting this outside of a hard read.

It'll help her and it will matter, but honestly I don't see this being a huge push for her to be better in the long run like Ice Climbers or something.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I thought that at first, but the setups are easier to start now. You can start it by throwing a turnip up and hitting them with it when it falls down and footstooling them out of it, by nairing them near the ledge and then tech chasing with a turnip in hand and doing a turnip d-throw, or by calling out someone's "jump off of ledge" while she has a turnip in hand.

There'll be lots of opportunities for this to happen, she just can't really force it. I can see it being a valuable tool.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I thought that at first, but the setups are easier to start now. You can start it by throwing a turnip up and hitting them with it when it falls down and footstooling them out of it, by nairing them near the ledge and then tech chasing with a turnip in hand and doing a turnip d-throw, or by calling out someone's "jump off of ledge" while she has a turnip in hand.

There'll be lots of opportunities for this to happen, she just can't really force it. I can see it being a valuable tool.
I can see this, just a lot of the set-ups I've seen people bring up I've been thinking, "I guess but I can see ways you can play around this without the insane other punishes and set-up Diddy could without it."

I've played Peach to some degree since Melee, this is going to help her but not be a tier jumper like it was for Ice Climbers/D3 etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom