• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asylum Mafia - zomggggg who won zomggggg

Frown

poekmon
The inmates wake up and hear the sound of dripping. They walk over to Vrael's bed and find him lying dead, blood still running from his neck. Bent over his body lies ohaiduhg. The two have killer each other.

Vrael, the paranoid and ohaiduhg, the killer have been killed.

Day 3 starts now and ends Monday 1AM EST.

DZLE

Smash Master
I've made a decision. I'm going through with this.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am the Detective. Town already knows that though, making Counter-Claiming impossible.

I'm going to come straight out with it and tell you all who exactly i've investigated and found out the roles of.

Night 1: Lythium is 100% Guaranteed INNOCENT.
Whether she is Nutcase or Paranoid, I will be keeping a secret, OF COURSE.

Night 2: Gustave is 100% Guaranteed GUILTY.
In fact, he is the ATTENTIVE KILLER. The one that searches for Paranoids.

Here is my plan I advise town follow:
Step 1: Lynch Gustave. Obviously us 3 town will do so. ((Keep in mind that either rPSI or SMoth (or even Gustave in defeat) can hammer Gustave, so don't think the other one who votes is the other town, Lythy.))

Step 2: I die tonight.

Step 3: Tomorrow, rPSI and Shadow Moth lay out their cases for Lythium as to why they are the remaining town. One is lying, as they will be the last Mafia, of course.

Step 4: Lythium pays close attention, and I highly advise she read back at the whole game concerning rPSI and SMoth.

Step 5: rPSI and Smoth cross-vote. Meaning, rPSI votes for Smoth, and Smoth votes for rPSI. This leaves Lythium, the only GUARANTEED town to hammer. She is the best candidate to be the hammer for obvious reasons.

Step 6: Town Wins, or Mafia Wins.

Don't cheap out on me town. Lythium, do your best. This is our best chance given the circumstances that we have been having terrible luck this game.

Follow my steps and town has a chance at winning. I trust Lythium, she has great judgment. She'll handle the pressure fine.

Lythy, Smoth, rPSI, please don't go against this idea. I really do believe this is towns best chance at victory seeing as how we have been doing so poorly.

Don't make my sacrifice for nothing.

Lets get started, Shall we?

Vote: Gustave

DZLE

Smash Master
EBWOP: When I said "Keep in mind that either rPSI or Smoth (or even Gustave in defeat) can hammer Gustave,

I meant to stress that if you are one of the voters on Gustave, Lythy, don't automatically think the other person who votes him is town.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I was pretty sure Rei was mafia from the way he addressed you. That was just bad play. BUT
Vote: Gustave

I doubt I was wrong about you.

Ima miss you DZLE

Frown

poekmon
When the sun rises, the inmates see what they had expected to see. The detective, DZLE, lies in a bloddy puddle on the floor, completely stiff. The three remaining people know that this is means. Their last day to fight for their lives.

DZLE-Falz, the detective has been killed.

Day 4 starts now and ends Monday 11AM EST.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, so I was thinking. Since one of us (Smoth and me) are scum, if you ask for the specific town role you have a 50/50 chance of getting the actual scum and you also have a 50/50 chance if the person is scum that they slip.

So, before you vote, you can have a 50/50 percent chance of guaranteed killer finding. Use it wisely.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
You didn't say anything.

If there are two people to vote for and one of them is scum it's obviously a 50% chance.

Vote: rPSI

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You're stupid.

I was saying that if you ask about their role, then you have a 50/50 shot of confirming scum.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Woah, I just throught this through. Since I did a purposeful WIFOM D1, I was probably investigted by Guus N1, meaning that Smoth would probably know what I am.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So after hard thought, I realize that given the circumstances that we have, and the fact I was most likely investigated by scum N1, I can full-heatedly say that I'm the paranoid (bomb), and by due process following DZLE, you are the last nutcase (vanilla townie).

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Except there's only one nutcase left and we both know it's Lythium.
Nice try man but I'm the paranoid not you.
Which means by process of elimination, you're scum.

Kinda interesting how you automatically say I'm town though when you should be trying to prove me scum.

Mistake or scumslip? I'll let Lythium decide.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm just finishing work, and I'm going to do PBPs in the morning, when I've had some sleep.

Question for both of you to chew on: am I nutcase or paranoid and why?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Question for both of you to chew on: am I nutcase or paranoid and why?

Well to start with I know I'm Paranoid.

Looking back at everyone who's died the only other roles left are:
1 Nutcase
1 Killer

Since rPSI is the killer you must be the nutcase.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Shadow Moth

Day One

Because I'm scared for my own life, man.
I don wanna die, man.

Maybe if I start a trend people will just ignore me and go for the girl.
Wanting to lynch someone to save yourself is not in the best interest of town. Only scum would have such an attitude towards lynching. This makes you look pretty scummy.

They are all townies. But if I know who the paranoids are are know a little of who the killers aren't.
This doesn't make sense. Why would a townie need to know who the paranoids are? It's in the best interest of town for mafia not to know which townies are paranoids. If you're scum, and you know who the paranoids are, that's a big loss to town.

What would hypocoping even do for us this early in the game?

I'm abstaining for the moment.
EBWOP:

Well if it's for day 2 then there's no reason to go against it.

Vote: pro hypocop
Why did you change on your stance on hypocopping? You didn't give any particular reason for doing so. Would you care to share what changed your mind?

Unvote; Vote V

I see why V would be a good lynch but I have other people in mind ATM. Only voting V for lack of a solid conclusion of my other thoughts.
So... why did you vote for V here? It's completely contradictory. You say V is a good lynch, but you give no reasoning whatsoever for doing so. You say you have other people in mind, so does that mean there was someone who was a better candidate for lynch? And then you pretty much say that you're voting for V because you don't know what else to do. What's up with that?

My reasons for voting V... not really any good reason I just get a bad feeling from him. Like I said, I have other suspicions that I'm still looking into. I don't feel it's necessary to share incomplete thoughts.
When you do address your vote on V, nothing is said. You have nothing to offer as a reason for V's lynch. You don't even bother to offer up a case on V. Pretty scummy, if you ask me.

@Doug: We can gain much more from a lynch than a no lynch. No lynch might be safer, but I think on day 1 we can afford to take a bit of a risk in order to get more info.
I still agree with you, but this is just the sort of thing that scum would say. Two possible free town kills?

Day Two

I never said we absolutely shouldn't have a lynch. I said lynching the wrong person will pretty much doom us so we should be careful about our next lynch.

If we can be sure of a lynch today, that's great. But if we can't we should wait.
This pretty much contradicts your stance on lynching that you had on D1 (see above). What's up with that?

I really think Rei should be lynched at this point so if nothing happens within an hour I'm gonna hammer since I have to go out around 3.
Again with the contradictory statements. You say that we should be careful with our lynch, yet you flippantly hammered Rei because you had to go out? This seems extraordinarly scummy to me. It's like you want the day to move forward, but you don't want to be the one to hammer, but then you hammer anyway. Eager scum?

Okay, rPSI, you're next. ;)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
rPSI

Day One

WIFOM for scum is good.

But when it comes to who is paranoid, basically everyone is on the same level, even if they WIFOM'd b/c scum doesn't know what end of the WIFOM whoever it is on.
I could easily roleclaim as paranoid and it changes nothing about whether or not mafia knows if I'm paranoid or not.
Could you explain what you mean by this? Honestly, I've read it like ten times now, and I still have no idea what you're saying. You say WIFOM for scum is good, but then you say that everyone is on the same level regardless of WIFOM. It just doesn't make sense.

@DZLE - I can't quite say, at best I'm getting town reads. I'd rather not let Mafia know who I think is town BTW.
I think this is a pretty scummy thing to say. It's like you have no idea what's going on in the game, and you have nothing substantial to add. It's not helpful to town to withhold information, and it's almost as if you don't want town to know who you think is scum.

Ugh, I hate no lynches.
Vote: TPK
So, you just voted for V with no reasoning whatsoever? That's pretty scummy in my opinion. It's as if you just wanted the day to end regardless of consequence, even if we lost two town members as a result of D1/N1.

Day Two

I'm not quoting all of these because I think it's a waste of space and I'm a lazy bum, but you and Vrael had a lynch vs. no lynch argument following V's lynch on D1. Can you please explain why you were so heavily against no lynching? This argument got pretty convoluted, so I'd like you to clear it up for me.

Unvote; Vote: Rei
As with the situation with V on D1, you vote for Rei with no explanation. Exactly what did you find so scummy about Rei enough to vote for his lynch?

Hunches are only bad to go off of in some cases.
In this case, it can't really hurt town if we don't.
Can you explain what you meant here? Going off a hunch makes you look pretty scummy, as if you know who all the town/mafia members are, and you don't need to provide any sort of evidence to prove otherwise.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Woah, I just throught this through. Since I did a purposeful WIFOM D1, I was probably investigted by Guus N1, meaning that Smoth would probably know what I am.
I would like to point out to both of you that this makes a lot of sense why Gustave was so keen on lynching rPSI on D2.

I would also like to point out that I have read this entire thread many times now, and I cannot find a single instance where duhg or Gustave voted for Smoth.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
QUOTE=Lythium;10322245]rPSI

Day One

Could you explain what you mean by this? Honestly, I've read it like ten times now, and I still have no idea what you're saying. You say WIFOM for scum is good, but then you say that everyone is on the same level regardless of WIFOM. It just doesn't make sense.
[/quote]
I was basically saying to town, that it doesn't affect them at all and adding to the scum WIFOM.

I think this is a pretty scummy thing to say. It's like you have no idea what's going on in the game, and you have nothing substantial to add. It's not helpful to town to withhold information, and it's almost as if you don't want town to know who you think is scum.
How is it scummy? I had town reads, but I didn't want scum to have an easy NK. I didn't have a scum read at that point, and at the point in which I did, I let town know.

So, you just voted for V with no reasoning whatsoever? That's pretty scummy in my opinion. It's as if you just wanted the day to end regardless of consequence, even if we lost two town members as a result of D1/N1.
I already said, I hate No Lynch on D1. It's just the way I play. Most of the time when someone pushes for No Lynch, it's because they're scum. (see Roxy in Flavorless Mafia)

Day Two

I'm not quoting all of these because I think it's a waste of space and I'm a lazy bum, but you and Vrael had a lynch vs. no lynch argument following V's lynch on D1. Can you please explain why you were so heavily against no lynching? This argument got pretty convoluted, so I'd like you to clear it up for me.

As with the situation with V on D1, you vote for Rei with no explanation. Exactly what did you find so scummy about Rei enough to vote for his lynch?
Rei has pubicly said that our detective, that EVERYONE THAT WAS TOWN knew was the detective, was scum. I would have unvoted, but he continued to persue DZLE as being scum. That was really bad play on Rei's part.

Can you explain what you meant here? Going off a hunch makes you look pretty scummy, as if you know who all the town/mafia members are, and you don't need to provide any sort of evidence to prove otherwise.
It was about hypocopping. I said that even though it was a hunch, it couldn't hurt us in any way. That's hardly scummy.
Also, you have to realize, this game is hunches. I wouldn't have ever persued Gustave if I didn't have a hunch about him.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Why did you change on your stance on hypocopping? You didn't give any particular reason for doing so. Would you care to share what changed your mind?
I didn't change my stance, I originally thought we were hypocopping day 1.
When I realized it was for day 2 I had no issue with going for it.

This pretty much contradicts your stance on lynching that you had on D1 (see above). What's up with that?
D2 and D1 are different days.

Again with the contradictory statements. You say that we should be careful with our lynch, yet you flippantly hammered Rei because you had to go out? This seems extraordinarly scummy to me. It's like you want the day to move forward, but you don't want to be the one to hammer, but then you hammer anyway. Eager scum?
It wasn't at all flippant. The majority of the town thought that Rei was scum and I was in agreement.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I would like to point out to both of you that this makes a lot of sense why Gustave was so keen on lynching rPSI on D2.

I would also like to point out that I have read this entire thread many times now, and I cannot find a single instance where duhg or Gustave voted for Smoth.

Thoughts, gentlemen?
I would like to point out that iirc Vrael didn't even get FoS'd

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Obviously. But Vrael turned out to be town anyway. That's not the issue here. The issue is why wouldn't duhg or Gustave vote for you? I'm pretty sure other people did at a couple points.

Top Bottom