• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asylum Mafia - zomggggg who won zomggggg

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
We have a day until the end of D1.
So, with five day Days, one day is enough time IMO.
And why's that? That's what I'm trying to figure out.
To be honest, I have a bad feeling. It is a gut feeling, but we're better safe than sorry.
Do you foresee anything happening to cop tonight?
Again, I don't foresee it, I just have a bad feeling about tonight.
Think about it. We have like a day left.
Let's make the most of it? Do you want to be left with nothing from our cop?
What makes it important now as opposed to the beginning of the day?
I have a bad feeling. :p

I'm actually pissy because of stuff IRL. I just said it b/c it's going to reflect the tone in which I play.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Sorry, but I don't really see "I have a bad feeling" as justification. What is this bad feeling? Elaborate a bit please. Hunches aren't good things to go off of.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hunches are only bad to go off of in some cases.
In this case, it can't really hurt town if we don't.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
last time the group had a hunch it ended with v dying.

none of this anymore

one more mistake lynch makes town lose

since mafia has a 33% chance of hitting detective saying if paranoid is not lynched

if a paranoid is lynched that rises to a 66% of hitting a non-paranoid

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
we can't hypocop at this point

since 3 of the them are mafia which can easily sway the game

we can only believe the detective but it puts him in large risk

since all the town members would believe him

when that happens the town would mass vote the killer

which leaves the detective completely open

the detective will be killed the next day

which would leave it at 3 town / 2 mafia

i can be only done if we are willing to put the detective at huge risk

also if we have a vote on it, it is almost guaranteed that mafia could take the majority and make it happen

DZLE

Smash Master
How do you know the detective got a guilty vote last night? There was a seriously small chance they would have.

If we hypocop now, and Cop randomly dies tonight, then town at least knows one innocent person (the person real cop says they investigated).

If cop did hit guilty, then it's only a benefit.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
How did things change from this morning when we planned to do it?

IIRC, most of us were for Hypocopping.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
How do you know the detective got a guilty vote last night? There was a seriously small chance they would have.

If we hypocop now, and Cop randomly dies tonight, then town at least knows one innocent person (the person real cop says they investigated).

If cop did hit guilty, then it's only a benefit.
this sounds good but

how does paranoids appear to cop?

do they appear as innocent or guilty?

they do have the power to kill

if they appear innocent all is good since mafia won't know anything

if they appear guilty mafia knows they aren't in the same team so now one paranoid is useless

also iirc mod said mafia can talk among themselves in the day

meaning 2 can hypocop an innocent person while the 3rd chooses someone else

if they get lucky this means they can have 3 votes one innocent person and 2 votes on another

let's say cop the person cop voted for has 1 vote

town knows cop and would actually sway towards that persons vote leaving him open

since why would the group flock to the 1 vote instead of the other 2 votes with more

DZLE

Smash Master
Cop see's paranoids and innocent... I don't know where you got that they read them as guilty. Read the front page.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I have decided to make a slight chance in the rules. I said that killers couldn't talk to each other during the Day because of the plot, where all inmates are stuck inside one room where everyone would hear everyone.

But as a matter of fact, there is no way for me to tell whether the killers have been talking to each other or not, so instead of risking cheating behind my back, I am going to change the rules:

Killers are now allowed to talk during the Day phase.
found the post stating this also

DZLE

Smash Master
... Are you serious or even paying attention to what you yourself is saying?
this sounds good but, how does paranoids appear to cop?
do they appear as innocent or guilty?
they do have the power to kill, if they appear innocent all is good since mafia won't know anything.
If they appear guilty mafia knows they aren't in the same team so now one paranoid is useless.
I wasn't talking about them talking during the day, i'm fully aware they are able to.

Im saying that I have no idea where you got the idea cop sees paranoid as guilty, because they see paranoid as innocent. as town.

It has nothing to do with the fact that mafia can talk during the day.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i reread the rules, so yeah their entire role is revealed

as long as the detective says this person is innocent instead of this person is paranoid

look farther down where their ability to talk each other comes into play

meaning 2 can hypocop an innocent person while the 3rd chooses someone else

if they get lucky this means they can have 3 votes one innocent person and 2 votes on another

let's say cop the person cop voted for has 1 vote

town knows cop and would actually sway towards that persons vote leaving him open

since why would the group flock to the 1 vote instead of the other 2 votes with more
this is what i am worried about

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Vote Count

Rei (2) - Rpsi, DZLE
Rpsi (2) - Gsutave, Rei

Deadline is Wed at 6 PM EST

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
My internet was ****ed up yesterday. If you have satellite internet/hughesnet you know my pain with the "over the bandwidth" stuff. Just got done reading through like 8 pages or whatever.

Anyways, rPSI has come off as very scummy.

I also find it really scummy that you're starting this now, when we've already established that it's too late (pretty much what Rei said).

If you really wanted to hypocop, you could have done it when the day started, but no, you decide to do it now so that you look all fine and dandy as town, make it look like you're trying to help us out. Why do this now, if not to make yourself look town now that the heat is on? I don't believe it for a second.
This^

That's bull**** you pulled out of your ***. I want to make sure that if anything happens to cop tonight, the town knows what the **** happened.
Then a very unnecessarily emotional response.

Working so hard on Gustave and now voting for Rei just on a gut feeling?

vote: rPSI

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hope I'm not interrupting, but I've played this game a few times IRL, and never come across the term 'hypocopping'. Googled it, but there was little on the subject. If anyone can shed some light, then cheers. :D

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I think you understand now.

So Vrael, besides me, who is you main suspicion?
Probably Duhg.

Lyth, where you at. Short days and inactivity make you look scummmaaay. I'd like to know your thoughts/suspicions.

I'm going to be V/LA until the end of the day (school :urg:) for the most part. I can probably get on from my phone at least once, but I can't promise anything.

At this point I feel like we should just no lynch. We haven't settled on a single solid lynch candidate, and the last thing we want to do is vote based off of hunches and end up lynching a townie.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hypocopping is like hypothetical copping. Basically everyone says "Last night, I investigated ______ and found them to be ________." The cop says what he/she actually found, but it's hidden within all of the fake investigations.

In this game, since it's set up so that all town knows who the real cop is, we can go off of the cop's actual investigation while scum is left guessing who the actual cop is. It protects the cop and gives us their investigation.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hypocopping is like hypothetical copping. Basically everyone says "Last night, I investigated ______ and found them to be ________." The cop says what he/she actually found, but it's hidden within all of the fake investigations.

In this game, since it's set up so that all town knows who the real cop is, we can go off of the cop's actual investigation while scum is left guessing who the actual cop is. It protects the cop and gives us their investigation.
So is it against the rules to publicly say who the cop is?
Otherwise people could potentially find a mafia/scum by asking them who they think the cop is.

If they answer wrong, townies now they are mafia, if they answer right, well I guess they get lucky..
Hmm.. but I guess if they weren't scum and answered right, then the killers would know who the cop is..

What a fun game. :psycho:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No, but that could end up killing off cop really easily. If you ask a townie who cop is (if you think they're scum) and they get it right, and you proceed to clear them, then scum knows who cop is and NKs him.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Thanks for clearing it up for me Vrael. I'll leave you guys to it. If you play another round after this, I would like to participate.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, here's my read on what's been going on thus far.

ohaiduhg: I can't get a clear read on you. I realize that this is mostly due to inactivity, but you're not very concrete about your claims. They rely heavily on what others have already said. Also, coasting is an easy way for scum to slip through to the end, so I'll be keeping my eye on you.

DZLE: I can't really get a clear read on you either, but you've made some interesting points, so for now, I think I'd like to keep you around. Question: what's your opinion on the inactives?

Gustave: I really don't understand why you're so keen on lynching rPSI or going for no lynch. If you're scum, and rPSI's town, then that's it for us. Even a no lynch could put town at a disadvantage. And that doesn't really seem helpful to town, at all. I guess what I'm asking is, are you suspicious of anyone else besides rPSI? Also, you seem to be buddying Rei here:

DZLE, it's not really parroting what you do, you build of other people's cases. That's what I see and probably what Rei means. It's not necessarily a bad thing, though.
Good thinking, DZLE, but sadly no. I defend him because don't see him as scum enough to want him lynched. I'd rather not have him lynched because I still stand with what I said before. rPSI or no lynch are the only options for me, I'm not going to lynch Rei, nor stand by passively while he's getting lynched while this is clearly our day not to mislynch.
I'm curious as to why you're defending Rei so much. Perhaps you're his scum buddy?

rPSI: You were looking pretty scummy for a while there, and I still don't trust you. But I feel that you've made some interesting observations, especially against Rei, so I'd like to keep you around for a while longer. Also, the fact that Gustave wants you dead so badly doesn't really seem helpful to town. Also, I thought we agreed to hypocop, so I don't see how rPSI wanting to hypocop makes him look scummy. Thoughts? I realize that most of this isn't really directed at you, rPSI. :p

Vrael: Mostly, I just want to know who you think is the most scummy at the moment. Thoughts?

Shadow Moth: I think you're suffering from inexperience, and I mean no offense by that. I think you're getting lost in the shuffle, and you're not really sure what to say, which is understandable. Honestly, I don't really know whether you're town or scum, at the moment. Question: if you could lynch someone right now, who would it be?

Rei: You're coming off as incredibly scummy to me. You bring a lot of hypocrisy to the table. In fact, I think I'll do a PBP, just for you!

rpsi is bandwagoning so hard right now
This was the first vote on you. Why is this bandwagoning?

also content does matter over the amount of posts made
let's say someone makes like 100 posts filled with nothing compared to someone with 60 posts that have good content
i would expect the person with fluff and pseudo hunting to be more suspicious
unvote; vote ohaidugh
look at his posts now, in this stage of the game he has to add more to help town
but his posts are very meager and have nothing really
what makes it worse is he doesn't post a lot which puts him in a bad position
it puts the town in a bad position because one member is not helping
Okay, you say that someone who posts a lot and makes a lot of fluff comments is really suspicious to you. And then you vote for Duhg, which (to give you credit) you do justify. But that's blatant hypocrisy right there. Conceivably, if you were town, with your reasoning about posting a lot of fluff, then wouldn't you have voted, for example, rPSI or Gustave? I feel like if you're scum, then you're just going for an easy town kill (if Duhg is town, that is.)

okay you're definitely scum
your just riding along the bandwagon now
we agreed that it was too late for hypocopping today
mafia can see who is on heat by now a fake hypocopping easily
vote rpsi
So, rPSI called you out on a hypocop, and you still think he's bandwagoning? You don't even know if rPSI is cop, and this is your reaction? Seriously? And who agreed that it was too late for hypocopping? Oh wait, that was you and Gustave. No one else really said anything about it. I agree that mafia might be able to see through hypocopping, and it is risky. However, your reaction to a hypocop that may or may not be true is really over the top, and guess what? Your overreaction makes you look pretty scummy.

Anyway, DZLE brought up a lot of stuff that I would've said, so I'll just link to the posts, and let you form your own opinions:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10300113&postcount=654
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10300372&postcount=660

vote: Rei, FoS: Gustave

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Shadow Moth: I think you're suffering from inexperience, and I mean no offense by that. I think you're getting lost in the shuffle, and you're not really sure what to say, which is understandable. Honestly, I don't really know whether you're town or scum, at the moment. Question: if you could lynch someone right now, who would it be?
If I had to lynch someone right now it would probably be Rei. He's been really suspicious the whole day. I know I've said we should be careful with who we lynch but at this point I think we can all be fairly sure from his posts that Rei is very scummy.

A lynch is dangerous, yes. But in this situation I think a no lynch can be just as deadly. Not only do we have the chance of losing the cop, we give the attentive killer more time to find the two bombs assuming he hasn't found 1 already.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Interesting.

Alrighty, guys. I'm at work for the rest of the evening. I'll try to sneak in when I can, and I'll schedule a break before the day ends, so I can see how we're progressing.

Let's make this day a good one for town.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Gustave: I really don't understand why you're so keen on lynching rPSI or going for no lynch. If you're scum, and rPSI's town, then that's it for us. Even a no lynch could put town at a disadvantage. And that doesn't really seem helpful to town, at all. I guess what I'm asking is, are you suspicious of anyone else besides rPSI? Also, you seem to be buddying Rei here:

I'm curious as to why you're defending Rei so much. Perhaps you're his scum buddy?
Perhaps, but definitly not...

Of course I'm suspicious of people other than rPSI, but rPSI takes the cake for me, which is why he's my lynch candidate.
However, Rei is also looking suspicious the way you guys make a case against him. I'm kind of tossed up wether I want a No Lynch or if I'm fine with a Rei lynch. I defended him before because I didn't find him scummy, and players I'm not suspicious of, I generally don't want to lynch. Other than that, Duhg is sort of doing the same, but he's not gonna be lynched in 4 hours.

I really don't know. Also, I think it's safe to assume that between the voters AT LEAST one is scum, maybe 2, otherwise they'd hop on and hammer him already. It's odd that it didn't happen yet though. This could mean either Rei is scum, or 1-2 of the voters are scum.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I really don't know. Also, I think it's safe to assume that between the voters AT LEAST one is scum, maybe 2, otherwise they'd hop on and hammer him already. It's odd that it didn't happen yet though. This could mean either Rei is scum, or 1-2 of the voters are scum.
Actually, this makes a lot of sense and it's a risk I can take.

Unvote, Vote: Rei

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I really think Rei should be lynched at this point so if nothing happens within an hour I'm gonna hammer since I have to go out around 3.

Frown

poekmon
ohaiduhg — 0
DZLE-Falz — 0
Gustave — 0
rPSI — 1 (ohaiduhg)
Vrael — 0
Lythium — 0
Shadow Moth — 1 (-Rei-)
-Rei- — 4 (rPSI, DZLE-Falz, Lythium, Gustave)

5 are needed to lynch.

Top Bottom