• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asylum Mafia - zomggggg who won zomggggg

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Alrighty.

rPSI, you're getting nowhere with your no lynch argument. You're just going in circles saying "no lynch is bad, no lynch is bad." Which makes you look really scummy. Basically, you're pushing hard for a lynch, any lynch at all. If you're town, then why would you want to lynch someone so badly? Because it seems like you really don't care who it is we lynch, as long as we lynch someone.

Like DZLE said, if we lynch and hit another townie, we'll most likely be down two more town for D3. Not so good.

Rei, where are you?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
You ever get around to that reading? Can you share your thoughts, yet?
yeah i did but had a smashfest.

proof is ask jungle, he was listening as we we're on skype

anyways, back to the game.

i didn't see as suspicious.

yeah he did speak weird but that was no reason to be suspicious of him.

i understand some of things he said seemed scummy but i still felt that he added more information than other members.

information is what keeps this game running.

since he was one of the few that constantly added information

it was easier to pick on him.

my suspicions and current vote is on smoth

vote: smoth

i called him out the previous day on this

he decided to ride the v bandwagon with out any real reasoning towards his vote

still never really said why he felt suspicious just agreed to other members.

i feel that he is just riding along

okay now about no lynch or lynch today topic

more on smoth, he wants to go the safer route because their is a smaller chance of mafia being lynch

i feel that no lynch always equals +1 on mafia since they get an extra kill while town gets nothing out of it

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
oh that was for v

since everyone wanted their thoughts on him

sorry it somehow slipped my mind not to mention his name lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
ok i went through the thread

i see there are some suspicious member imo

they are smoth, ohaidugh, rpsi

reasoning

smoth: is stated this in my long post

not adding information, parroting, and bandwagoning

ohaidugh: really inactive, his posts add nothing (this includes his pbp)

rpsi: his response are coming off to me as really scummy

question to first two: you guys wanna add anything helpful? why are you guys not posting information? who are your fos's?

rpsi: why are you being so vague with your responses?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
more on smoth, he wants to go the safer route because their is a smaller chance of mafia being lynch

i feel that no lynch always equals +1 on mafia since they get an extra kill while town gets nothing out of it

I never said we absolutely shouldn't have a lynch. I said lynching the wrong person will pretty much doom us so we should be careful about our next lynch.

If we can be sure of a lynch today, that's great. But if we can't we should wait.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@Rei - Depends on what "comes off" as really scummy. It also depends on they way you interpret it. A lot of it has to do with my play-style, I usually post short and sweet posts giving scum the least to work a pseudo-case on me and I'm usually don't have very much time.

I also use my posts to draw out reactions from people, which is why I think Guus is scum. I came up with a pretty bad case (albeit, any case on anybody at that point would be bad) to see his reaction.
He came off as scum.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
When you used the word "never" it would have been helpful if you said "never on day one," because what you meant was not what Guus and I gathered from your post. So I guess this was just a misunderstanding?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yes, it was.

Anywho...
What does the rest of town think of Roxy's death?
Anything anyone think is safe to say that's worthwhile, or do you guys think it's just a random happening?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it couldn't have been random

the killers try to play smart and have no connection to their kills

if possible make it seem as if another member was a killer

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
You, smoth and lythium are my suspicions.

i didn't see as suspicious.

yeah he did speak weird but that was no reason to be suspicious of him.

i understand some of things he said seemed scummy but i still felt that he added more information than other members.

information is what keeps this game running.

since he was one of the few that constantly added information

it was easier to pick on him.
You post useless information after coming close to a modkill.

my suspicions and current vote is on smoth

vote: smoth

i called him out the previous day on this

he decided to ride the v bandwagon with out any real reasoning towards his vote

still never really said why he felt suspicious just agreed to other members.

i feel that he is just riding along
Lythium, after coasting the Day, was the last to vote on Vi just stating

This pretty much sums up my feelings on you, V. I hate being the one to hammer, but let's end this day already. We need results, so I say we move forward.

vote: V

okay now about no lynch or lynch today topic

I'm going to agree. Mafia still has attentive. We just need to be exceedingly careful with the next lynch. The first lynch went by horribly, so now we are put in this situation.

ok i went through the thread

i see there are some suspicious member imo

they are smoth, ohaidugh, rpsi

reasoning

smoth: is stated this in my long post

not adding information, parroting, and bandwagoning

ohaidugh: really inactive, his posts add nothing (this includes his pbp)

rpsi: his response are coming off to me as really scummy

question to first two: you guys wanna add anything helpful? why are you guys not posting information? who are your fos's?

rpsi: why are you being so vague with your responses?
Rei, why are you being so vague with your reasoning? Actually going to explain something or are you just going to accuse? Where/how is rPSI scummy/vague?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
so you only post when someone decides to bring out your name?

i see.

only scum will come out when their name is put out to defend themselves

if you were town, you would have been adding more

you also try to change the subject on lythium

which i left out on purpose to see if you would try to run

why are you defending rpsi?

is he your scum buddy?

rpsi admitted that he keeps things short so their is less of his wording to go off on

he only mentions he only voted to get rid of someone since he didn't want a no lynch to occur

he never really had a reason why to vote for v

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
rpsi admitted that he keeps things short so their is less of his wording to go off on
Again, this is entirely playstyle. If you look at my previous games in Dgames (albeit, few) that is how I play. It is not only in this game.

DZLE

Smash Master
I can see why you guys would be suspicious of rPSI.
Because it is suspicious.
I won't vote anyone til I read a bit more.

FOS: rPSI

Lythium you haven't been posting as much as i'd like, but when you do post, In My Eyes, its not useless fluff. I understand what you are saying and I Don't Think you are suspicious.

Right now i'm on rPSI and Duhg.

I'll vote the next time I post.
These days are fast. We have to be quick and concise.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
so you only post when someone decides to bring out your name?
People call names and people respond with things. It happens a lot. Don't try and pin that on me.

you also try to change the subject on lythium
You asked me for my suspicions. Also, by the way you described scum, Lythium fit the description.

why are you defending rpsi?
I was pointing out your hypocrisy.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
How was I coasting? Please explain.

Also, I think we can agree that V was making some pretty scummy posts at the end of D1. I sincerely thought he was scum, as I'm sure did several of the other five people that voted for him. I agree that making the last vote on a lynch could make me appear scummy, but V was looking pretty scummy, and Vrael and Gustave had made some pretty good points against him. Who would you have lynched on D1? Or even voted for, considering you didn't cast a vote on D1.

I can see why you guys would be suspicious of rPSI.
Because it is suspicious.
I won't vote anyone til I read a bit more.

FOS: rPSI

Lythium you haven't been posting as much as i'd like, but when you do post, In My Eyes, its not useless fluff. I understand what you are saying and I Don't Think you are suspicious
I have to agree with you on rPSI. He's just going in circles with his arguments, and doesn't elaborate on anything he says until we point out something scummy. I'd say he's either scum or really spooked town. Thoughts?

And yes, I have not been posting as much as I would like, but I'm doing the best I can at the moment. Speaking of which... Smoth, I'd like to hear who you think is looking scummy at the moment.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
People call names and people respond with things. It happens a lot. Don't try and pin that on me.
then why haven't you been making more contributions to the town?

You asked me for my suspicions. Also, by the way you described scum, Lythium fit the description.
i agree that lythium does fit the description of killer

I was pointing out your hypocrisy.
what hypocrisy? point it out please.

i have put my reasoning for my smoth vote

you can find it on day 1 and even stated that my vote carried over

my fos on rpsi is because he isn't really adding much

he had no real reasoning for v's lynch

doesn't joining a bandwagon with no reason other than to have a no lynch not happen not look scummy to you?

DZLE

Smash Master
My thoughts on rPSI right now is Scum, based on what he has said so far and based on how he has acted.
He could redeem himself, but for now, since i've read over it again.

Vote: RocketPSIence

FoS: Ohaiduhg

DZLE

Smash Master
EBWOP: I'd also like to know how Lythium fits the description of killer Rei.

You fit it MUCH more than she does.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd like to elaborate on exactly how I got my scum read on Guus. It's mostly in these few posts.
I'm going to go ahead and Unvote; Vote: Guus
He's worthless to us right now.
The initial vote. I made sure to seem as vague as possible to draw the largest reaction from him as possible. Although, to a certain extent I felt like at that point he had posted pretty much just fluff. Which is basically worthless to town. With posts such as "I don't feel like posting," it makes you wonder exactly how pro-town he is when he dilutes the conversation. So, I called him out on it. The following is his reaction:

Lmao, just lmao. You have done oh so much like participating in the hypocop discussion, take note of people who are inactive.
It's really easy to forget that I have been active, asking questions yesterday, just not later at night. Now that time reflects on my whole game and you call me useless. Dude, get out, now I AM butthurt that you can are one to think like that.
You're going for what seems to be an easy target for my behaviour yesterday.
First of all, we can see that he laughs at my vote on him. Laughing at a vote placed on yourself is basically a sign of nervousness of a vote on you, in which I doubt this is the case. It can also mean that you think they aren't being serious at all. Not taking this lightly is something that isn't good to do when playing Mafia. However, it's not necessarily a bad thing to do.

Then he points out that my "inactivity in the hypocop discussion" invalidates my suspicions. That is flat out BS. Whether or not someone takes part in a conversation has no weight whatsoever in their vote. I also find that to be contradictory to his following statement in which he tells me to look at the inactives. If the inactives were to post, would he just hound them for being inactive instead of listening to their votes?

He then claims that his activity has been helpful to town. He claims to have been asking questions, but fails to say how else he has been contributing. He fails to realize that asking questions benefits scum just as much as town benefits because then scum find an easy NK candidate based on certain results. Also, activity doesn't prove whether or not someone is scum. If someone is inactive, it's just a null read, that we need to change. If someone is active and you get a scum read on them, then why would you only go after inactives?

He then proceeds to tell me "get out." I sort of feel that this is a minor ATE in the fact that he wants town to sympathize with him and not vote. He says that he's butthurt hoping to avoid more votes by making people think that he's a victim. In a mafia game, everyone is equally a victim. Trying to stop a case that's pushed on you because you're "butthurt" is totally bull and anti-town.

He also says he's an easy target. So, Guus, what makes you stand out as an easy target?

I'm also dying to know what makes you feel I'm useless. Am I not bringing up anything, do I not pose enough questions, can I not commit to anything, am I parrotting, do I not post enough? See how easy I'm making it for you, I'm even giving you examples of things I could be doing wrong!...
This is a continuation of the ATE that Guus was working on before. Now he's basically vocalizing his victimization and asking what's wrong with it? It's obviously an attempt to make him seem like a townie.
Now I ask you, why would I go about telling scum what they're doing wrong? That's just plain playing bad.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
EBWOP: I'd also like to know how Lythium fits the description of killer Rei.

You fit it MUCH more than she does.
1. i have to take into consideration that you were the one that hammered v

unfortunately, also you didn't state much of a reason in the hammer post

what made it seem worse was that you stated that you wanted the day to end

2. later you did mention your reason which was a good thing to do imo

but the problem was it was also the same reasoning as other members

i can't tell if you were just parroting

like i said its still a fos

btw dzle can you state why on me also?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alrighty.

rPSI, you're getting nowhere with your no lynch argument. You're just going in circles saying "no lynch is bad, no lynch is bad." Which makes you look really scummy. Basically, you're pushing hard for a lynch, any lynch at all. If you're town, then why would you want to lynch someone so badly? Because it seems like you really don't care who it is we lynch, as long as we lynch someone.

Like DZLE said, if we lynch and hit another townie, we'll most likely be down two more town for D3. Not so good.

Rei, where are you?
I'd like to say, that this is a bad post.

Very bad.

First of all, I didn't start the no lynch argument. Second, I already stated that it was about D1. Third, the whole argument was forced onto me by Vrael. Vrael was the major cause of it since he couldn't accept my idea of D1 and also applied it to how he THOUGHT I was going to play D2.

You also didn't think very throughly about if we hit a townie. It's obvious that if we lynch a townie toDay and scum NK a townie, we lose.

I had responded to this post by saying "u guys r dum" b/c I wasn't in a situation where I could explain it throughly.
Therefore:
FoS: Lythium

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
How was I coasting? Please explain.
you post like

@Mod: Would it be possible to get a vote count?
unvote

This is not -Rei-'s first game, iirc.
Heat, Smoth. What's up?
etc. etc. it's this sort of cheap not-very-contributing-ful style that kind of gives the illusion you have been active.

Also, I think we can agree that V was making some pretty scummy posts at the end of D1. I sincerely thought he was scum, as I'm sure did several of the other five people that voted for him. I agree that making the last vote on a lynch could make me appear scummy, but V was looking pretty scummy, and Vrael and Gustave had made some pretty good points against him. Who would you have lynched on D1? Or even voted for, considering you didn't cast a vote on D1.
We are down to 5/3.

That quick.

****ing **** D:
This is why I unvoted V because I wanted to go no lynch for D1. Odds were a townie would be lynched and then there would be a NK of another townie more than likely. Now mafia has more influence in the votes.
then why haven't you been making more contributions to the town?
I do make contributions to town. You can put "more" in front of it to make it sound like I haven't said anything if you want I guess.:ohwell:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I find it more suspicious that you didn't vote for anyone and you're putting suspicion on Lyth for hammering. It seems as though you're trying to distance yourself from the kill and then point fingers at the people who voted.

And you're pretty much coasting now.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The initial vote. I made sure to seem as vague as possible to draw the largest reaction from him as possible. Although, to a certain extent I felt like at that point he had posted pretty much just fluff. Which is basically worthless to town. With posts such as "I don't feel like posting," it makes you wonder exactly how pro-town he is when he dilutes the conversation. So, I called him out on it. The following is his reaction:
Being vague, oh how lovely. Saying you use it to get "the largest reaction" is really stupid because of course you're going to get the largest reaction. It's just a FLAT OUT SCUMMY THING TO DO. You want to vote someone, but don't actually have a case? Just don't bother with the case, keep your posts vague, call him useless and ignore the rest!

First of all, we can see that he laughs at my vote on him. Laughing at a vote placed on yourself is basically a sign of nervousness of a vote on you, in which I doubt this is the case. It can also mean that you think they aren't being serious at all. Not taking this lightly is something that isn't good to do when playing Mafia. However, it's not necessarily a bad thing to do.
Too bad, I don't take ridiculous votes serious, especially when someone doesn't even bother building a case and is being vague.
Then he points out that my "inactivity in the hypocop discussion" invalidates my suspicions. That is flat out BS. Whether or not someone takes part in a conversation has no weight whatsoever in their vote. I also find that to be contradictory to his following statement in which he tells me to look at the inactives. If the inactives were to post, would he just hound them for being inactive instead of listening to their votes?
I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, not invalidating your vote. Your vote is hardly valid because you're not even trying to convince anyone, however I still respond to it. I don't get what you mean with that last part, hounding them for being inactive if they actually do post. Makes no sense.
He then claims that his activity has been helpful to town. He claims to have been asking questions, but fails to say how else he has been contributing. He fails to realize that asking questions benefits scum just as much as town benefits because then scum find an easy NK candidate based on certain results. Also, activity doesn't prove whether or not someone is scum. If someone is inactive, it's just a null read, that we need to change. If someone is active and you get a scum read on them, then why would you only go after inactives?
Are you saying that being inactive is going to be any help to town? Sure, asking questions is going to give scum info, but are seriously implying that not asking questions would help us in finding scum. Activity doesn't PROVE scum, it's a read, though, to me. Your last point, I did go for the one giving me a scum vibe. I eventually went for a V lynch, refer to my write-up on him. rPSI, did YOU go for the one you got a scum read on? Nah, it was "just for the sake of a lynch." Hypocrit.
He then proceeds to tell me "get out." I sort of feel that this is a minor ATE in the fact that he wants town to sympathize with him and not vote. He says that he's butthurt hoping to avoid more votes by making people think that he's a victim. In a mafia game, everyone is equally a victim. Trying to stop a case that's pushed on you because you're "butthurt" is totally bull and anti-town.
1. You had no case, just a vote.

2. I said I was butthurt because a page before, Roxy was telling me I was butthurt. I said I wasn't. I get "butthurt" because you make a ridiculous vote. Still, it's a vote, and I don't like having on one me, even if it's ridiculous.
He also says he's an easy target. So, Guus, what makes you stand out as an easy target?
You're going for what seems to be an easy target for my behaviour yesterday.
an easy target for my behaviour yesterday.
my behaviour yesterday.
This is a continuation of the ATE that Guus was working on before. Now he's basically vocalizing his victimization and asking what's wrong with it? It's obviously an attempt to make him seem like a townie.
Now I ask you, why would I go about telling scum what they're doing wrong? That's just plain playing bad.
I was asking the question, granted a bit dramatically (lol) but still, it's a question. It's okay if you don't want to reply to it.

All in all, this post just reinforces my belief that you are scum.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Being vague, oh how lovely. Saying you use it to get "the largest reaction" is really stupid because of course you're going to get the largest reaction. It's just a FLAT OUT SCUMMY THING TO DO. You want to vote someone, but don't actually have a case? Just don't bother with the case, keep your posts vague, call him useless and ignore the rest!
I feel like you didn't read my posts. First of all, what's wrong with voting someone? I see people vote all the time. I just happened to be vauge with it as my intent wasn't to just have a vote on you, it was to get a read on you. Now you're claiming that what I set up to get a read is scummy. Getting reads is not scummy, it's pro-town. What have you done that's helped town? In fact, you even gave town a list of all the things you weren't doing, so I can say, I'm not making this up.
Too bad, I don't take ridiculous votes serious, especially when someone doesn't even bother building a case and is being vague.
What? You don't take votes seriously? Why wouldn't you take a vote seriously. This is a game where you have to know what is happening and respond accordingly.
I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, not invalidating your vote. Your vote is hardly valid because you're not even trying to convince anyone, however I still respond to it.
What hypocrisy? You were obviously trying to say that my vote was nothing because I hadn't contributed to "your hypocop" conversation, which ended up not happening, lol.
I don't get what you mean with that last part, hounding them for being inactive if they actually do post. Makes no sense.
You hounded me for not being active in your "hypocop" conversation. Why wouldn't the same apply for people just becoming active?
Are you saying that being inactive is going to be any help to town? Sure, asking questions is going to give scum info, but are seriously implying that not asking questions would help us in finding scum.
The thing is, there are much more proactive townie practices than just asking questions. Just asking questions doesn't really give town all that much because answers can be fudged quite easily. The best benefit of asking questions is starting good conversation, but you also have to remember that scum can manipulate the conversation for their own accords.
Activity doesn't PROVE scum, it's a read, though, to me.
Ok, I'm totally lost on a grammar standpoint here. I'm going to try to respond the best to this.
I'm saying that just because your active, does't mean your town. Yet you tried to use that as your defense. Then you basically, tried to evade any attempt to let town get a read on you (and not all reads are scum) and redirected the focus to the inactive players. This is a really scummy move.
Your last point, I did go for the one giving me a scum vibe. I eventually went for a V lynch, refer to my write-up on him. rPSI, did YOU go for the one you got a scum read on? Nah, it was "just for the sake of a lynch." Hypocrite.
Lol, ATE bro. ATE.
I also couldn't go for the one I had a scum read on because the majority of town felt that V was scum and no one had the same ideas I had.
1. You had no case, just a vote.

2. I said I was butthurt because a page before, Roxy was telling me I was butthurt. I said I wasn't. I get "butthurt" because you make a ridiculous vote. Still, it's a vote, and I don't like having on one me, even if it's ridiculous.
It's still a form of ATE. Albeit, very subtle.

I was asking the question, granted a bit dramatically (lol) but still, it's a question. It's okay if you don't want to reply to it.
How is that at all a question?

All in all, this post just reinforces my belief that you are scum.
"OMG, he's still voting for me? What do I do? Maybe I'll just try to say his case is invalid b/c he's scum! That way he'll never get the town read he wants. Yeah that's the way to do it!"

TBH, I want a town read from you. I just can't get it because you REEK with scum.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I feel like you didn't read my posts. First of all, what's wrong with voting someone? I see people vote all the time. I just happened to be vauge with it as my intent wasn't to just have a vote on you, it was to get a read on you. Now you're claiming that what I set up to get a read is scummy. Getting reads is not scummy, it's pro-town. What have you done that's helped town? In fact, you even gave town a list of all the things you weren't doing, so I can say, I'm not making this up.
I gave you a list you could choose from what you think I did wrong, I did none of those things. And yea, I call it scummy, it's MY read that you didn't set it up for a read, it's just for the sake of a vague vote on calling someone useless.
What? You don't take votes seriously? Why wouldn't you take a vote seriously. This is a game where you have to know what is happening and respond accordingly.
You're missing the keyword ridiculous. I found your vote ridiculous. I therefor did not take it serious.
What hypocrisy? You were obviously trying to say that my vote was nothing because I hadn't contributed to "your hypocop" conversation, which ended up not happening, lol.

You hounded me for not being active in your "hypocop" conversation. Why wouldn't the same apply for people just becoming active?
1. The hypocrisy of you calling me useless while you didn't do jack-**** to that point.
Which is what I did, not invalidating your vote. Your vote is invalid because you had no case.

2. I didn't "hound" you, I responded to you personally because you voted me. The rest that didn't participate I called out when I wanted to go for other inactives. Oh yeah!

The thing is, there are much more proactive townie practices than just asking questions. Just asking questions doesn't really give town all that much because answers can be fudged quite easily. The best benefit of asking questions is starting good conversation, but you also have to remember that scum can manipulate the conversation for their own accords.
Then what, should we not try to start conversation because we fear that scum might take control of the conversation? That's basically supporting and warranting inactivity, clearly wrong.
Activity doesn't PROVE scum, it's a read, though, to me.
Ok, I'm totally lost on a grammar standpoint here. I'm going to try to respond the best to this.
I'm saying that just because your active, does't mean your town. Yet you tried to use that as your defense. Then you basically, tried to evade any attempt to let town get a read on you (and not all reads are scum) and redirected the focus to the inactive players. This is a really scummy move.
What's wrong the grammar? The post was very clear. If you're not active, you're not 100% scum, you look scummy though.
Being active is a towntrait by default. Activity sparks discussion, discussion leads to reads, reads lead to scumtells, which lead to scum being caught. Also, if you wanted to get a read on me, what the hell did you want me to do? Wait for every post YOU make without doing anything inbetween? I post what I think. Sue me.
Lol, ATE bro. ATE.
I also couldn't go for the one I had a scum read on because the majority of town felt that V was scum and no one had the same ideas I had.

It's still a form of ATE. Albeit, very subtle.
Why did no one go for the one you had a scum read on? Your case (read: a vote and calling me useless) seems like it wasn't enough to convince anyone else of your belief.

How is that at all a question?
I wasn't asking a question in that post, I referred to this question:
Am I not bringing up anything, do I not pose enough questions, can I not commit to anything, am I parrotting, do I not post enough?
"OMG, he's still voting for me? What do I do? Maybe I'll just try to say his case is invalid b/c he's scum! That way he'll never get the town read he wants. Yeah that's the way to do it!"

TBH, I want a town read from you. I just can't get it because you REEK with scum.
Hey. I don't call your current case on my invalid, it's just the wrong case. Your "case" yesterday was invalid. I'm going to make it very clear now why, before you ***** again about refuting your case. I am calling your case invalid because calling someone useless and voting for him, then not trying to convince anyone else of it is not a case. Do not put words in my mouth, rPSI.

Top Bottom