• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assitance with my Kirby

King~

Smash Champion
Kirby is one of my mains ive been playin him since release. i just need some critiques on what i could be better on. i usually do grab combo at the beginning of my opponets stock(usually F-throw -> Up air->F-throw->Side B) its just not represented well in these vids.

(Note: these are all Online matches)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5BlwjLSt3M - From June 26, v.s Diddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_Tvb1NyEI - from July 8, v.s Olimar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnnBJhbkq9A - From august 3, v.s Falco(didnt like this one to many missed moves)

Vengeful

Smash Cadet
Well I didn't see you attempt to edgeguard your oppenent at all (maybe once) except with the final cutter. That move isn't a very effective edgeguard. Hit them off and set them up for a WoP (wall of pain) which is consecutive Bairs until they can not recover. Or you can always attempt to Dair them, for me F-throw -> Uair -> F-throw -> Uair -> Fsmash hit them off the stage then I can spike them ( only works on spacies and a few others). Yeah I am not experienced really with Kirby but all I can say is edgeguard! It's where Kirby shines, he can easily gimp his oppenents so use it to your advantage.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
1: NEVER USE NAIR CLOSE RANGE- way too much landing lag
2:juke more- i didnt see any spot dodging or even a useful roll
3: stop F-smashing so much- if the people you were facing knew how to shield grab or spot dodge then you would be boned
4: bair or fair more- kirby racks up damage and gimps with these moves, kirbys kill moves are slow and punishable (hammer, f-smash) bair can kill but it takes time, work on comboing with these then as they drift back to the stage thats when you go for the kill...
5: overall 2.75 out of 5

6: oh yea learn to kirbycide...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Grab more and do grab combos.
d-throw to up tilt to uptilt
f-throw to up-air to f-smash
f-throw to aerial hammer
d-throw to d-throw
f-throw, double jump f-air against floaty characters
f-throw, f-air against heavy and mid weights
f-throw to up-air to f-throw to f-air
f-throw to f-air to up+b
up-air to up+b
f-throw to f-air to dash attack

Throws are Kirby's strong point, so use them whenever you get a chance to.

King~

Smash Champion
Well I didn't see you attempt to edgeguard your oppenent at all (maybe once) except with the final cutter. That move isn't a very effective edgeguard. Hit them off and set them up for a WoP (wall of pain) which is consecutive Bairs until they can not recover. Or you can always attempt to Dair them, for me F-throw -> Uair -> F-throw -> Uair -> Fsmash hit them off the stage then I can spike them ( only works on spacies and a few others). Yeah I am not experienced really with Kirby but all I can say is edgeguard! It's where Kirby shines, he can easily gimp his oppenents so use it to your advantage.
i see ill take that to mind, ive just recently got used to usin his back air so it shouldnt be a problem for too much longer

1: NEVER USE NAIR CLOSE RANGE- way too much landing lag
2:juke more- i didnt see any spot dodging or even a useful roll
3: stop F-smashing so much- if the people you were facing knew how to shield grab or spot dodge then you would be boned
4: bair or fair more- kirby racks up damage and gimps with these moves, kirbys kill moves are slow and punishable (hammer, f-smash) bair can kill but it takes time, work on comboing with these then as they drift back to the stage thats when you go for the kill...
5: overall 2.75 out of 5

6: oh yea learn to kirbycide...
1. Gotcha
2.yeah ive been gettin punished for that alot recently
3. see above
4.ive gotten my timin for the hammer now and i stopped doin it on the ground. idk his F-Smash comes out pretty quick recently ive beeen tryin to use it to punish the roll

5.lol right

6.i kno how but i choose not to only in matches were i need the win.

Vengeful

Smash Cadet
Well keep practicing, bair is Kirby's best move in my opinion. You will have so much fun gimping your opponents when you get used to doing it, I know I do :p

3xSwords

Smash Lord
yea i know but i dont think he knows how to autocancel so just better off telling him not to do that move...
.....u don't even need it to auto cancel. It has like no landing lag, it has aerial post lag but they are two completely different things.

geez get your terms straight.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
yea i know but i dont think he knows how to autocancel so just better off telling him not to do that move...
lol

also, with kirbys final cutter that move is very edgeguardeable. it doesnt auto sweet spot so people might be able to gimp you. like with the olimar vid, it is probably worth it to practice leadge teching. it can save your life sometimes.

ron561

Smash Journeyman
um for one stop doing fsmash so much..if these were way better players you would have been done

also you are to predictable...i could see what you were going to do next before you did it half the time...

and um stop neglecting moves like utilt,utilt sets up so many combos for kirby and works as a quick counter.

use bair or something...

also um your grab combos are lacking there's so many different combos you can set up with grabs but it seems most kirby's only know that basic fthrow to uair..

learn2edgeguard

and you did alot of moves where you timed it completely wrong,or it was just the wrong move to do at that time,like sometimes you'd do hammer for no reason or even usmash when you could have hit them with a utilt to rack up damage and connect it with a bair or two

King~

Smash Champion
um for one stop doing fsmash so much..if these were way better players you would have been done

also you are to predictable...i could see what you were going to do next before you did it half the time...

and um stop neglecting moves like utilt,utilt sets up so many combos for kirby and works as a quick counter.

use bair or something...

also um your grab combos are lacking there's so many different combos you can set up with grabs but it seems most kirby's only know that basic fthrow to uair..

learn2edgeguard

and you did alot of moves where you timed it completely wrong,or it was just the wrong move to do at that time,like sometimes you'd do hammer for no reason or even usmash when you could have hit them with a utilt to rack up damage and connect it with a bair or two

already jumped on the f-smash thing

that is a first, ill try to mix it up some

also added to the aresenal

i do know, in the first 2 i didnt know how good it was and *Insert john* for the thrid one v.s falco

again those were not good representation of grabs, i usually D-throw to sumthing against the spacies i didnt know that until after that falco video.

W.I.P

figured that out before hand.

ron561

Smash Journeyman
lol the chain grab against spacies is effective as long as you can finish up the chain grab with some other moves..you can also utilt the hell out of fox as long as you know how to properly utilt and change directions with it..

Top Bottom