• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Can you unlock Japanese audio and that thing that lets you take certain stages off when you select random?
not to totally rip off of uchida's post, but no, the japanese music isn't on the cd(it's a dual layer disk as it is, doncha' know?)and yes you can ban stages, but custom stages are either all banned or none banned :/

daimyo

Smash Rookie
Am I correct in saying a short hop -> aerial -> fast fall would auto L-cancel?

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
I'm studying the percentages of my characters kill moves, and would like to know whether smash DI works best to prevent a KO, or tap DI, so that I can get the percentages of kill moves with optimal DI holding the opponent in the match.

mrmacdude

Smash Rookie
edghehogging

so im not sure how edgehogging works in brawl.

if i'm on the ledge, they can't grab it. they can, though, hit me and sweetspot it. (marth's up-b, for example) Is that right?

can you still roll off it and make the other guy miss like in melee?

basically, what are my hogging options?

Enshoku

Smash Lord
so im not sure how edgehogging works in brawl.

if i'm on the ledge, they can't grab it. they can, though, hit me and sweetspot it. (marth's up-b, for example) Is that right?

can you still roll off it and make the other guy miss like in melee?

basically, what are my hogging options?
you can't roll of it, the closest thing to a roll is a shorthop, other than that, nothing has changed..

caffeinetc

Smash Rookie
1. In SSB "up on stick" jump is different from "the button C" jump (stick gave a little more height). In Brawl, are stick and button jumps any different?

2. On the classic controller, can you map both Z buttons to different functions (like say one for attack and one for jump)? What about R and L?

Thanks in advance.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know if someone else gets a sticker or cd in an online match if it records you as getting it too?

Enshoku

Smash Lord
1. In SSB "up on stick" jump is different from "the button C" jump (stick gave a little more height). In Brawl, are stick and button jumps any different?

2. On the classic controller, can you map both Z buttons to different functions (like say one for attack and one for jump)? What about R and L?

Thanks in advance.
your jump length is determined by how long the A-stick/x-y button is held, but I'd recommend ONLY using a button to jump, that way you can easily U-smash and U-tilt on the ground. All button are changable, including Zl Zr L and R.

Anyone know if someone else gets a sticker or cd in an online match if it records you as getting it too?
Not as far as I've seen. I'm pretty sure that computer players stickers and cd's don't count, either.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
A question about tournament rules...

There's advanced slob picks for the second game and on of the match, but what about the first? What's the procedure for selecting your character then?

Blink

Smash Rookie
I just beat event 41 on hard... does that not unlock anything in Brawl? Kinda disappointing if so.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
What is tilting and how do you "tilt"
Do A upA. Now do it again, but wiggle the joystick to both diagonals while doing this. That is a tilt, it's a bit harder to tilt properly in the middle of a fight unless your opponent gives you time to think, or you can do it without thinking. It's just 4 extra moves, ne?
A question about tournament rules...

There's advanced slob picks for the second game and on of the match, but what about the first? What's the procedure for selecting your character then?
both people select a character, it's very rare to get two people who spend 20 minutes counterpicking each other on the character select screen, and it's up to the tournament director to deal with it whatever way he/she sees fit.
I just beat event 41 on hard... does that not unlock anything in Brawl? Kinda disappointing if so.
nope, nothing. The co-op events are utterly useless as well...

WarbL

Smash Rookie
where can i find friend codes of people who like to play 1 on 1, basic stages, with no items?

lukintosh

Smash Ace
Recently I completed Subspace Emissiary. Then I accidentally deleted the "name" registered for that save file and now I am forced to use the default control scheme whenever I open that save file. How do I change that?

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Recently I completed Subspace Emissiary. Then I accidentally deleted the "name" registered for that save file and now I am forced to use the default control scheme whenever I open that save file. How do I change that?
Afraid you can't. When playing co-op the second character will still have it's custom moveset though.
should you still shorthop out of falco's blaster shots in brawl?
no, just airdodge, or roll past them. You can still airdodge, but it's best to just use a midair approach. His shots don't have 8 years of stun on them anymore either so just shield after you get hit to stop the next shot.
where can i find friend codes of people who like to play 1 on 1, basic stages, with no items?
That's pretty much how most people are playing right now, and using battlefield to boot. Just ask people for friend codes, someone actually added me on msn for that specific reason, twas weird...

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
how much of the music is orchestrated?
and why's the format for wii number and brawl fc different??

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
..Now, I'm going to feel stupid asking this, but forgive my ignorance...

I've searched and read about Directional Influence, but for some reason I haven't been able to peg it's effects. It seems you can partially control your direction when your getting hit, but I don't quite understand what it means to "Input a DI"...

BTW: Again, I'm sure I sound like a complete ignorant moron for asking this =p. Please bare with me.

Mechanine

Smash Rookie
Alright - excuse the ridiculousness of the question, but is it possible for two smash balls to be in existance at one time? Or can one appear whilesomeone is in FA, in rare circumstances? Probably not, but it was just a thought.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Alright - excuse the ridiculousness of the question, but is it possible for two smash balls to be in existance at one time? Or can one appear whilesomeone is in FA, in rare circumstances? Probably not, but it was just a thought.
I don't think so; I tried it in Training mode. If one is floating around or if someone is ready to pull their Final Smash, a second Smash Ball won't appear.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
how much of the music is orchestrated?
and why's the format for wii number and brawl fc different??
because there are more wii's then brawl disks, and quite a few songs are instrumental.
..Now, I'm going to feel stupid asking this, but forgive my ignorance...

I've searched and read about Directional Influence, but for some reason I haven't been able to peg it's effects. It seems you can partially control your direction when your getting hit, but I don't quite understand what it means to "Input a DI"...

BTW: Again, I'm sure I sound like a complete ignorant moron for asking this =p. Please bare with me.
DI=directional input, and simply means changing your direction while/after being hit, so your opponent can't combo you, unless he/she predicts your DI.
no, nor will you ever see two assist trophies on the field at the same time. One smash ball and one assist trophy are all that can be on the field at any given time.

Eneru

Smash Rookie
Whats a spike?

And also, what format do you need to put an image in your sig. The regular doesnt work. Heres the one i wanna put:

[url]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8154/adamsig12wq7.png[/url]

So what should be the format for this sig?

Thanks.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
because there are more wii's then brawl disks, and quite a few songs are instrumental.
i meant when you type your codes into smashboards, your wii code is separated by spaces, while your brawl code is separated by hyphens
it bugs me a considerable amount

and do you have an exact number? for that would be quite nice

Enshoku

Smash Lord
i meant when you type your codes into smashboards, your wii code is separated by spaces, while your brawl code is separated by hyphens
it bugs me a considerable amount

and do you have an exact number? for that would be quite nice
60-80, and as for the hyphens vs. spaces, I'm clueless.
Whats a spike?

And also, what format do you need to put an image in your sig. The regular doesnt work. Heres the one i wanna put:

[url]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8154/adamsig12wq7.png[/url]

So what should be the format for this sig?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

a spike a move that sends you downward that cannot be meteor canceled. .Jpg works, png and bmp don't. I haven't checked gif, but I assume it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom