• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Do you have a simple, quick, or short question to ask like "Can you change the audio to Japanese?" or "What does 10char mean?" Have you tried using the search button but couldn't find your answer? Well, post your simple questions in this thread and hopefully a kind member of our community will stop by and answer it for you soon after you post it! And who knows, maybe your question was already answered in this thread!

By the way, the answers to the previous questions are "Unfortunately, you can't change the audio." and "Smashboards doesn't allow you to post messages that are less than 10 characters long, so when someone has a short post (i.e. I agree) then they'll often include the words 10char so they can surpass the minimum characters and post their comment."

Please refrain from discussion unless its a quick/simple question or an answer to one. Don't take it personally, but any posts made that don't belong here will be deleted.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Never knew the answer, can two people playing on one Wii both play "with anyone"? Or in other words, can multiple people on one console play online?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
just what we needed, thanks Panda

Edit: Why is it that in the Japanese version there is so much English text?
Simply because English is cool in Japan :D

Never knew the answer, can two people playing on one Wii both play "with anyone"? Or in other words, can multiple people on one console play online?

As far as I know, yes. I know you can definitely play against friends online with your buddy sitting next to you, and I think you can do it via "With Anyone" too. You just have to select Team Brawl in the "With Anyone" menu. Of course, I'm not 100% sure about this though.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Can you play SSE co-op online?

Also can you do team battles VS random (aka you + person on friends list VS 2 random)

Good idea for a thread, btw.

lilsquish89

Smash Rookie
Actually Panda, you can't play "With Anyone" with two people on the same console. It's disheartening, I know.

The online sector of the game is broken up into against friends and against anyone. Against anyone, you can only play as one player with no other local player on the same Wii as you. There are options to play free-for-all or in teams (you paired with a random person against two other random persons), but that's it.

With friends, you have more options. Up to three people can play on the same Wii as you against one or two of your friends, and you can team up with a friend against other friends. You also have more options as to what kind of games you want to play, such as longer time matches or stock matches. But there is no way for friends to play against random people, as the two are totally partitioned off from each other.
From http://nintendoworldreport.com/mailbagArt.cfm?artid=15257

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Can you change the background music for the menus in Brawl?
There's three alternatives to choose from but I don't remember if they were all available from the beginning. You probably know the default, other two are the main theme from the intro video and other one is the "secret" menu theme from Melee. It might be somekind of remix tho, don't rembember. Those are all I have, dunno if there's more though I doubt it.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
How many coins can you have total? In Melee you could only have 999, but if continuing takes 100 coins in Intense mode in Brawl, it could become VERY difficult unless you can have way more than 999 coins...

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
How many coins can you have total? In Melee you could only have 999, but if continuing takes 100 coins in Intense mode in Brawl, it could become VERY difficult unless you can have way more than 999 coins...
9999. You also get coins way faster than in Melee.

Who all can wall-cling, and how does it work in regards to jumps and UpB?
Diddy, Sheik, Squirtle and Lucario if I remember correctly. Works the same like wall jumps. If you've used your second jump before wall cling you won't get a new one and if you haven't used it yet you can use it afterwards. UpB works the same too. You can use it anytime but after that you're helpless and unable to do anything before landing.

Mr. Ghost

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to see what characters you get from doing random before the match starts? Because in Melee, we would do three random characters and choose our favorite.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
can you watch your friends play another match? (in other words, spectator mode with friends)

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Nice, i actually made a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago 0_o
Anyway, I want to know what is the limit for the amount of stages you can make and keep in the stage builder?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to see what characters you get from doing random before the match starts?
Nope.

Anyway, I want to know what is the limit for the amount of stages you can make and keep in the stage builder?
All I know there isn't any visible limit like 7/50 shown. Only number of levels you've made. I'd like to know if there's any limit (or more like what the limit is since there must be one) too.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to see what characters you get from doing random before the match starts? Because in Melee, we would do three random characters and choose our favorite.
Nope. You leave your little marker on the random button and you don't find out who you are until the match starts!

SP, does SWF frown upon people using "10char"? Personally, when people do that, I feel like they should be making a better contribution to the Boards.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
If you select "random stage", does it have a chance to select Stage Builder stages? What about Melee stages?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Alright, what are the differences exactly between With Everyone and With Friends?

Can you alter time/stock/items/etc. in With Friends, or no...

I assume created stages are a no no as well :(

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
2 Questions

2 Questions about on-line brawl

1) Can you play with your friend *In person* on:
On-line friend mode?
With anyone "team brawl"?

2) Are you forced to play 4 players while with anyone basic brawl?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
can you watch your friends play another match? (in other words, spectator mode with friends)
As far as I know, spectator mode only allows you to watch random "With Anyone" matches.

If you select "random stage", does it have a chance to select Stage Builder stages? What about Melee stages?
Yes to both, but there is a random stage switch (that you have to unlock I think) that allows you to turn stages on/off random stage select.

Alright, what are the differences exactly between With Everyone and With Friends?

Can you alter time/stock/items/etc. in With Friends, or no...

I assume created stages are a no no as well :(
You can do anything via the With Friends option that you can do in real life, except you can't play custom stages. As for the difference between them, the dojo explained it long ago: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/index.html

2 Questions about on-line brawl

1) Can you play with your friend *In person* on:
On-line friend mode?
With anyone "team brawl"?

2) Are you forced to play 4 players while with anyone basic brawl?
1) As previously answered in this thread, yes you can play with your friend in person when playing opponents via "With Friends" but no, not via "With Anyone."

2) As far as I know, you can press start when one person joins your random game, and if they also press start then your game will just be a 1v1. But that may have been a rumor, I don't know if it truly works.

Ganon42

Smash Rookie
Is the Great bay stage from melee appear in brawl? Is there anything zelda majoras mask related in brawl (tis my favourite game of all time).

past-tense-of-draw

Smash Rookie
Controllers

Are the four compatible controllers fully configurable ? Can I configure them how ever I want?

And what is everyone using? The GC controller?

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I was wondering if Ike still says "Ten kuu" when doing his up+b in the US version, or was it changed like the rest of his voice clips?

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
Can taunts (actual text - "Want more?" or "This is SPARTA" etc) be used in OFFline play/local multiplayer? (Just playing at home with friends, not online.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Are the four compatible controllers fully configurable ? Can I configure them how ever I want?

Are the four compatible controllers fully configurable?

Yes.

Can I configure them how ever I want?

Yes.

I am using a GCN controller. Personally I'm gonna keep the buttons the same. :)

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Yes to both, but there is a random stage switch (that you have to unlock I think) that allows you to turn stages on/off random stage select.
Just adding that stage builder levels are either on or off. You can't choose them invidually like Brawl and Melee stages. And yes, random stage switch is unlockable.

Is the Great bay stage from melee appear in brawl? Is there anything zelda majoras mask related in brawl (tis my favourite game of all time).
No to first question. I don't think I have seen anything Majora's Mask related either. There might be some trophy(/trophies) but haven't got interest checking them since they are all in Japanese. >_>

There are some limitations but nothing huge. For example you can set jump, shield, grab, normal attack and special attack to almost all buttons while taunts are much more limited. Apart from wiimote you don't have much choice where to put them. You can't change the moving buttons either. You will always use left analog or D-pad with wiimote for that.

I myself use GC controller like vast majority here. Some use wiimote + nunchuck, some use classic controller but hardly anyone bare wiimote (or at least I hope so >_>).

Can taunts (actual text - "Want more?" or "This is SPARTA" etc) be used in OFFline play/local multiplayer? (Just playing at home with friends, not online.
Nope.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
What exactly appears in the Challenges mode? All I really know so far are CDs, Trophies, and I think probably Stickers. Do all of the unlockable stages, characters, settings, and modes appear there as well? I'm just wondering if I can get away with not using a FAQ at all, yet still unlock everything (whereas in Melee I never would have gotten Diskun if not for a FAQ).

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
What exactly appears in the Challenges mode? All I really know so far are CDs, Trophies, and I think probably Stickers. Do all of the unlockable stages, characters, settings, and modes appear there as well? I'm just wondering if I can get away with not using a FAQ at all, yet still unlock everything (whereas in Melee I never would have gotten Diskun if not for a FAQ).
CDs, Trophies and Stickers (not many of these though) yes. Unlockable stages, stage editor extra parts and masterpieces too but that's about it. No characters, settings or modes but they're unlocked pretty easily just by playing the game. It's much faster to get those than it was in Melee.

I can't see everything in challenges mode yet though but I really, really doubt anything special shows up from those 9 blue squares I have left.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! Another question about Stickers and Challenges mode: Are there unique stickers, or can you get multiple copies of every sticker in the game? If a sticker is available only through a challenge, can you do that challenge again to get another sticker? If stickers are unique, can they still be used in SSE? I'd be really sad if I accidentally ruined my sticker collection. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom