• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Huh that's interesting. I don't use the C-stick often, or actually ever, yet I have accidentally done a few slowfalls out of the d-air.

I wonder if there is a traditional way of making it happen that doesn't involve using the C-stick, there must be.

I'm definitely going to start trying to use the down throw at the edge. That looks like too much fun. :D

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Huh that's interesting. I don't use the C-stick often, or actually ever, yet I have accidentally done a few slowfalls out of the d-air.

I wonder if there is a traditional way of making it happen that doesn't involve using the C-stick, there must be.

I'm definitely going to start trying to use the down throw at the edge. That looks like too much fun. :D
Just press down.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru8jkWuEn8o#t=52s
I thought G&W couldn't get a 2 or a 1 for the first hammer of the game?
It's just he can't get a 1 first hammer IIRC.
That's weird
So like for the first hammer he can get 8 different numbers instead of the usual 7?
Yeah I believe so.
Aye.

Check out tip #11 under "Other Tricks" in this thread, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255023

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394

After doing the down + a command to start a down air, just flick your control stick down again.

Although I do suggest that you try to incorporate the c-stick into your playstyle, it's very helpful in many situations.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Although I do suggest that you try to incorporate the c-stick into your playstyle, it's very helpful in many situations.
I knooow :c Maybe it's just stubbornness or something, but I don't use it out of a thought process of... "I don't need to use it".

However, the amount of time it takes to do an uncharged smash versus a C-smash probably makes a lot of difference in professional tourneys.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If RC is banned against me (which is 90% of the time) and I use G&W, Rob and Peach, where should I go?
If I go Brinstar and they go Marth, am I still ****ed?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Try going to a stage they suck at since we're good everywhere. I think we still do better than Marth on brinstar, i'm fairly sure, because we can shark him better than he can us since our Up-B is less punishable.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have barely been able to beat his Marth on Brinstar on the sets we have played. That MU is terrible.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wat, so you mean I should cp Brinstar, even though he can use Marth or I shouldn't incase the advantage doesn't matter much with that horrible MU? D:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Stage good enough? I feel awkward as hell against Marth no matter what the stage. Rob is my char against Marth, but it would be dumb to play Rob on Brinstar so I kinda screw myself when I pick that stage.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The thing is the 2nd match. You can't double blind for the 2nd match you know?
The first match is ok, I can pick Rob or G&W and pray for the best and so does he. That's it.
But Brinstar is supposed to be great for G&W, but he can simply Marth and the advantage is barely noticeable anymore.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, that's the man :)
Frigate was actually on my mind yeah. It's a win-win for me, but not as much as I could get, but it sounds like the safest pick.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yoshi's Island? Any good reason we don't suck there?
Also, tell me everything about the Wario MU.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We are terrible on Yoshis too. We are versatile so we can play wherever we want. Something like Lylat or some PS stage would be good I guess.
I think grab and dtilt are your hope on the ground, but I think Fox can usmash dtilt if he powershields it or something, he can usmash everything =/

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
another question why there was only one g&w at apex who amde it out of the pools? :(
@ fox use bair you outrange him??
and fill your bucket? i mean it's not that much of damage you will make but it's better than nothing
for the dthrow thing you can't predict him better cause everybody reacts differently but keep in mind what he did before most of the players will do it the same way the second way

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah just pay attention. And use your enviroment to your advantage. The snake player I play for example will dthrow you next to a landmine, he just eliminated an option. If you're close to the edge, certain characters will wanna roll towards the stage while certain characters won't. Just pay attention and if your brain isn't working buffer dash attack

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Yeah. Before I used to think that smarter players would roll towards the edge of the stage when next to it in order to trick the person because a normal player would roll towards the stage, but after playing matches with a lot of different people they almost always roll towards the middle of the stage, so now I can usually grab them after that almost every time.

I still make so many errors when tech chasing in the middle of the stage though, it's really disappointing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
When the opponent is on the ledge, what do you do? I tend to use Fair if they ledgehop and dtilt if they hand a little bit too long or try stuff like getup attack.
I also have the dumb habit to attempt a dash attack stagespike >_> That never works anyways and I got heavily punished for it.
Anyone wanna share some ledgetraps?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you can time get-up attacks well, you should stand near the edge, and try and force the get-up attack. If you PS it, you can get a smash attack off. If they just get up you can grab them, and if they roll you can usually dsmash (or if it's snake you can do w.e you want cause his get-up roll is awful). If they jump up you can nair, and if they continue planking, you can try and take the ledge. I like this position a lot, but can be frustrating if you miss time the get-up attack and get hit. It also sucks vs marth and MK cause they can attack you very easily while falling down.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I do Usmash OoS usually if I shield a get up attack. I heard it's guaranteed.
That's some nice stuff Alphy, I really need to improve my ledgeguarding game. It's not actually much different from tech chasing now that I think of it :o

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Obviously that position is useful for every character, but GaW is really good at it, because he doesn't need to be so precise with some of his reads. Like if you think he's going to get up jump, you can nair a fair amount of frames ahead of time, and still get the punish because of how long it lasts. Fsmash too, but obviously the back end of fsmash isn't too useful (still might put them back offstage though).

Top Bottom