• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
f-smash, fastest.

two silly questions for the better G&Ws (i want a answer i know is reliable)

on heavier characters (wolf, d3, etc.) is u-tilt ---> u-tilt ---> judge a practical combo? i mean, we all know its better to link them to nairs, but you can't tell me you wouldn't link it to judge from time to time if you could.

and say your opponents on the ledge, and you d-tilt them off it, at the anlge they're flying, is it possible to chase after them with a sliding-off-the-ledge-fancy-schmancy judge?

i don't really have a second person needed to test this stuff on. anyone wanna try it?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
*cough* i have a question ._.

how do you slow fall with G&W's dair?

*cough*:(
i should know but i don't T_T

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
First execute a dair: Use Down+A or C-stick down.
Then fast-fall it: Use Down+A or C-stick down.

For some reason the fast-fall on G&W's dair makes it slow-fall instead. This is very useful.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
I enterd a tourney 3 days after Genisi and the list of ppl going has been made and it includes their mains and stuff. one of the ppl i am a little skepitcal about me winning gasint is a dude that mains yoshi and Diddy. Diddy happesns to be my all-around weakness. I know how to counter with G&W but i was afraid the appoaches diddy has. And also the nanerz. Should abuse the naners agasint the Diddy or sit them out till they disappear and **** diddy with off the edge tactics?

But sadly the toruneys online, and i am not the only G&W there valdens is in it, never heard of him :/.

Stages allowed in the whole tourney.
final destination, battle field, pictochat,castle siege, yoshi island, corneria, lylat cruise, and smashville.

I was gonna go lylat ,pictochat, smash ville and battle field. sound good?

And this is like my 5th tourney so far but i always placed low. I am aiming but i am taking procautions.

How should i go about my stages and fighting a diddy?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I enterd a tourney 3 days after Genisi and the list of ppl going has been made and it includes their mains and stuff. one of the ppl i am a little skepitcal about me winning gasint is a dude that mains yoshi and Diddy. Diddy happesns to be my all-around weakness. I know how to counter with G&W but i was afraid the appoaches diddy has. And also the nanerz. Should abuse the naners agasint the Diddy or sit them out till they disappear and **** diddy with off the edge tactics?

But sadly the toruneys online, and i am not the only G&W there valdens is in it, never heard of him :/.

Stages allowed in the whole tourney.
final destination, battle field, pictochat,castle siege, yoshi island, corneria, lylat cruise, and smashville.

I was gonna go lylat ,pictochat, smash ville and battle field. sound good?

And this is like my 5th tourney so far but i always placed low. I am aiming but i am taking procautions.

How should i go about my stages and fighting a diddy?
When facing a Diddy, his strength is the nanas, so if you take that away, he'll be a little easier to beat, I'd say abuse the nanas, Also for the stages, Pictochat is a great place especially since you can bucket brake there more easily >.>

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
First execute a dair: Use Down+A or C-stick down.
Then fast-fall it: Use Down+A or C-stick down.

For some reason the fast-fall on G&W's dair makes it slow-fall instead. This is very useful.
oh i thoughtthe only way was to press down +A then the cstick down right after
seemed a little difficult :p

but thanks alot for the extra info Zac, it's a lot easier using down +A twice lol....

NinjaLAW1234

Smash Cadet
quck question im sure you get a lot and im sorry but what is the best way to bucket brake with g@w cause im picking him up as my new main

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
What do you guys think of the DK matchup?
I have to say it depends, If its a DK that uses grabs more, it might be even imo, I have a friend who mains DK and he is very grabby, shieldgrabs, regular grabs. I can beat him but barely. If its a regular DK, I'd say its G&W's favor.

This is all my opinion.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Yeah, DK's just too big, and his recovery too gimpable. To be fair, I've never played a great DK, but I'd imagine so long as you space bairs, nairs, and fairs, it wouldn't be too hard.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
double post, but i want people to think about it.

Think G&W would have trouble perceiving any other fighter in smash? How can a 2-D character see in 3-D? It'd be like us trying to grasp the concept of a creature living in the 4th dimension.

can you tell i'm bored?

Splice

Smash Hero
My Question:

What moves can GaW cancel, and how can you do it for all those moves? Also what they can cancel into, if possible?
I don't know if its the same for all characters, i never learnt how to cancel. I dont know anything about it, really.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My Question:

What moves can GaW cancel, and how can you do it for all those moves? Also what they can cancel into, if possible?
I don't know if its the same for all characters, i never learnt how to cancel. I dont know anything about it, really.
There's only 1 thing that I know of that is a kind of cancel, Bucketbraking.

Splice

Smash Hero
Not momentum cancel lol. Thanks for reply though.
Like Cancel aerials into moves? i think you can cancel aerials when you land, from descriptions of stuff but i don't understand how to do it and what to do after it. I don't even know how you know if something canceled.
"Auto-cancel Nair" is a term i have heard. ???

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone bother to test GaW's Grab release game? like distance people escape and how gaW can punsih? thanx

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
quick question on my mains. i play game and watch, olly , and rob. is there any match up that will own me?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
quick question on my mains. i play game and watch, olly , and rob. is there any match up that will own me?
Snake, Marth and Metaknight for G&W
Luigi, Metaknight and Pit for Olimar
Pit, ZSS and Metaknight for ROB

DrPain

Smash Cadet
I have my first tournament in a few days, and I need to know some effective ways to practice spacing, and getting control down. Please let me know of any advice on techniques, and anything else I should know. I've already read the "Making the best of your first tourny" thread in tactical discussion, but I still have some questions.

Any input is greatly appreciated, there will be a lot of marths there and I can only practice on cpus, please advise. Thank you.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I have my first tournament in a few days, and I need to know some effective ways to practice spacing, and getting control down. Please let me know of any advice on techniques, and anything else I should know. I've already read the "Making the best of your first tourny" thread in tactical discussion, but I still have some questions.

Any input is greatly appreciated, there will be a lot of marths there and I can only practice on cpus, please advise. Thank you.
Well, for spacing. All I can say is make use of the turtle and the only way to practice spacing is practicing against CPUs. Sorry if my advice sucks.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone noticed that if you charge a Up-smash alot of people will get sucked into it like bugs to a lightzapper? i love it. Good luck Dr. Pain.

Top Bottom