• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

VODKAN666

Smash Rookie
Hello, I've just recently started to look for SSB 64 Tournaments in Toronto and I'm having trouble finding future events. I've checked some FB groups and Ontario Smash but again there aren't any future event listings that I can find. If someone within the community knows where to look, a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I already own both console versions of SSB64, however, next year I'm probably going to build a high-end gaming PC. I'll eventually put put both Project 64 and Dolphin 5.0 on it.
Sometime around the holidays the new amd ZEN architecture will be released, which will blow all intel cpus out the window.

For emulation, you need a really good CPU. With the zen you'll probably be able to run WiiU emulation in full speed as well.

caneut

Smash Ace
Sometime around the holidays the new amd ZEN architecture will be released, which will blow all intel cpus out the window.

For emulation, you need a really good CPU. With the zen you'll probably be able to run WiiU emulation in full speed as well.
wait so this is smasherx or nuclear.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
wait so this is smasherx or nuclear.
Idk who nuclear is, although I don't really use kaillera or play online anymore so I wouldn't know.

Edit: I like how your trolls are slowly but surely changing from smasherx to some random other person. lmao 10/10

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Idk who nuclear is, although I don't really use kaillera or play online anymore so I wouldn't know.

Edit: I like how your trolls are slowly but surely changing from smasherx to some random other person. lmao 10/10
no its still a good chance nuclear is smasherx, but a different personality.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
no its still a good chance nuclear is smasherx, but a different personality.
Why do you think everyone is someone else? Is it really that hard to imagine there are many people who are better than you at smash64 lol?

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Hello. I am thinking about getting into Smash 64, but I don't have any setup with me whatsoever.

I know what I should do to emulate the game, but I don't know of any good USB controllers that are suitable for playing Smash 64 on a computer. What are some controller recommendations for this?

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been wondering something for a while now... how much would being able to fast fall during aerials really change the way this game is played? Some of the people that I play with insist that it'd have a huge impact, but I can't think of any situations where that specific change would allow for better options. But, then of course, I don't play 64 all that often, so maybe I'm just ignorant. What do you all think?

caneut

Smash Ace
So, I've been wondering something for a while now... how much would being able to fast fall during aerials really change the way this game is played? Some of the people that I play with insist that it'd have a huge impact, but I can't think of any situations where that specific change would allow for better options. But, then of course, I don't play 64 all that often, so maybe I'm just ignorant. What do you all think?
it makes some chars really unbalanced.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
it makes some chars really unbalanced.
What would be an example though? The only characters I really see being any better as a direct result are Falcon and Fox. Falcon because maybe he can SHFFL F-Air into something, and Fox because you might be able to do some single hit U-Air shenanigans more quickly, but that's all I can think of. Again though, I'm not terribly familiar with 64.

caneut

Smash Ace
low tiers worst, high tiers better, nothing specific besides like, puff would have to rely on her nair even more then she already does, you dont want less variety.

D

Deleted member

Why don't more people play "All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers?"

Smash 64

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but have been playing the game quite often for the last three years. I live in Europe/Scandinavia and was wondering whether there's a tier list for the PAL version for the original Super Smash Bros.? Can only find the NTSC and Japanese version.

Smash 64

Smash Rookie
Second question if I may:
I've been interested in playing Super Smash Bros. online for some time now and found the Project 64/19XXTE, but can't seem to find updated information on how to go about it. I'd need a N64 - USB adapter. Install Project 64 online and a ROM? But the thing that I'm mostly wondering about is how much lag will influence the game, is it worth it? I also heard that the controller calibration process might be a bit off.

Last edited:

PrestonK

Smash Cadet
Second question if I may:
I've been interested in playing Super Smash Bros. online for some time now and found the Project 64/19XXTE, but can't seem to find updated information on how to go about it. I'd need a N64 - USB adapter. Install Project 64 online and a ROM? But the thing that I'm mostly wondering about is how much lag will influence the game, is it worth it? I also heard that the controller calibration process might be a bit off.
First off, not many 64 players use Smashboards anymore for general discussion. Everyone mostly congregates on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Smash64Community/). You can also join the Smash 64 Discord for questions about setting up online (https://discord.gg/qgct9Gr). But to quickly answer your questions, yes you need an adapter, Project 64, and a ROM. There will be a bit of lag when playing online, but if you can adjust to it, then I would definitely recommend playing online. Controller calibration isn't so bad.

Also, since you mentioned that you live in Europe, you should definitely check out BEAST 7, which is a tournament in Sweden that will have 64 there. Most of the top 64 European players will be there as well as some Americans. Details here: https://smash.gg/tournament/beast-7-1/details

zeldasmokes

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this is asked allot, but i looked a bit and wasn't able to find an answer.

I'm trying to change out the color of the beam from Fox's laser pistol on ssb64.
I have managed to locate, and change the color of circles that appear at origin, and contact points of the beam, but can't locate the beam itself to save my life, could someone point me in the right direction before i feel any more stupid?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone, did you guys see Ownasaurus' at AGDQ 2017 tas block? He apparently helped with a SMB3 real time hack.

Video here

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
So I've read that the PAL version of the game was "adjusted" for the conversion between NTSC and PAL. (Namely the framerate difference.) What exactly does that mean? Only movement speed? Or did it adjust frame-data to make it comparable?
Had a copy since I was a kid, so it'd be neat if I didn't have to invest in an NTSC 64 and a NTSC cartridge.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
So I've read that the PAL version of the game was "adjusted" for the conversion between NTSC and PAL. (Namely the framerate difference.) What exactly does that mean? Only movement speed? Or did it adjust frame-data to make it comparable?
Had a copy since I was a kid, so it'd be neat if I didn't have to invest in an NTSC 64 and a NTSC cartridge.
Not sure but here are the main differences you need to know.

Jigglypuff's downB hitbox is smaller.
Jigglypuff's teleport is longer.

Link's fair hitbox increased
Link's upB ascend speed increased.

Game is slower overall.

That's all I remember. There is probably other differences I don't know about.

SeariousScar

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know where to find the Frame Perfect Series 2 Smash 64 videos?
I have looked up and down on youtube and have been unable to locate the videos for the matches. Is there somewhere else to find them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom