• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
the reason why I ask this is because smash 4 right now looks very very uninteractive with Capt. awesome and others things with binery approaches and stuff and wondered if the game relied on platforms like smash 64
yeah smash 4 is probably like 64 in that sense. It's a shame that for glory is all fd stages. It's like sakurai was under pressure to make a more competetive game mode but wanted to make casuals hate the idea of competetive smash so he came up with for glory

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
I started using project64k like a week ago and i tried to play online with my brother. I can join any server just fine, but my brother can't connect to any servers.
We're using hamachi until i have the time to look at port forwarding for P2P.
I don't know if it matters but i use Windows 7 and my brother runs Windows 8
Can someone help me please?

The Star King

Smash Hero
At what point are you no longer able to mash out of DK's cargo? When throwing out of cargo is initiated, or as soon as they leave DK's arms?

Is jump squat the same (6 frames) when DK is in cargo?

Last edited:

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
What are the best deadzone and range settings for a bad control stick and also i have this weird rash on my butt what should i do?

N00ne

Smash Rookie
I want to play Netplay, but I'm using a Mac. I know there aren't any Mac emulators, so I'm stuck with running Project64k in Wine. The problem is, I can't get it to run a rom, and the only tutorial I found was the one on Anther's Ladder (which didn't help at all). The problem is that the emulator will not open a rom (I also can't use any menus that require going folders.). I don't know how to get this to work properly. Could someone help me with this?

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
This was a addressed in the Index thread but just to be clear...
I could show up to a Smash 64 tournament with something sexy like...
This!

HOLY **** THEY COST LIKE SIXTY BUCKS
Or ****in'
This

And not look like a complete jackass and not be able to play.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
This was a addressed in the Index thread but just to be clear...
I could show up to a Smash 64 tournament with something sexy like...
This!

HOLY **** THEY COST LIKE SIXTY BUCKS
Or ****in'
This

And not look like a complete ******* and not be able to play.
yes it's fine. In some regions like LA the majority of players use hori's

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
Need help getting netplay to work.

Games a blast with friends but that only happens so often so I've been trying to get netplay to work but I'm struggle-bussing.

PN64K I have working fine its my controller/controller adapter i'm having issues with. Couldn't calibrate the joystick of my hori but not the end of the world as an n64 controller works fine. Problem is though that I can't get my C-buttons to work / register. I've been looking all over the internet looking for answers and nothing has worked for me so far. Only breakthrough i've made is my c-buttons went from not registering at all in the button mapping to registering as what looks like joystick movements - though in game nothing happens. PLEASE HELP as the characters I play most are ness, fox, and yoshi so I rely greatly on my c-buttons to work!

Heres some general info of what I have / tried;

- My adapter is the 2 port usb by mayflash (i've tried both ports)
- P64K as stated already is working fine
- in settings>options switched input to Nrage direct
-unchecked raw data box (this and the bullet point before seems to help everyone but me :'()
-calibrated n64 (first party controller) in windows
- did NOT dl any drivers as im currently under the notion this is not required
- in assign keys>gamepad I have 2 gamepad options in my drop down, the second one seems to work better. not sure if this reffering to the 2 different ports or something else. I think gamepad(1) didn;t allow me to assign any keys to it

Hopefully thats enough info! Thanks in advance for any help i'm really anxious to hopefully get this working! using keyboard does not appeal to me whatsoever and I have no interest playing if thats my only option.

Capos

Smash Apprentice

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Recently came back but I'm seriously unable to tolerate 64 controller anymore, the analog is just ass and I don't want to replace sticks every few months. Did hori's ever get produced again or does anyone have a good keyboard recommendation with good Key rollover?

Annex

Smash Ace
I don't want to replace sticks every few months.
lube up

Horis are $$$. If you like GC you can get a GC->64 adapter. Some melee kids use that. There's also lodgenet and "GC style" n64 replacement sticks that feel different & don't wear out like oem
The only limit is in your mind baby

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
lube up

Horis are $$$. If you like GC you can get a GC->64 adapter. Some melee kids use that. There's also lodgenet and "GC style" n64 replacement sticks that feel different & don't wear out like oem
The only limit is in your mind baby
Lol I fail at taking those controllers apart, and there's no 64 community here aside like 2 people (that i dont think know how to take 64's controllers apart) to help me with it. I used to play on keys for about 5-6 years, that's why i listed that as a option. Also, I'd shell out dosh for a hori if they're available non-scalper.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Lol I fail at taking those controllers apart, and there's no 64 community here aside like 2 people (that i dont think know how to take 64's controllers apart) to help me with it. I used to play on keys for about 5-6 years, that's why i listed that as a option. Also, I'd shell out dosh for a hori if they're available non-scalper.
I hope this helps. All credit for this video goes to Fireblaster.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
When you're calibrating the may flash adapter in windows, you need to press the c buttons for the y and x axis calibrations.

to use hori you need the raphnet adapter

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yeah i can sometimes upb out of that combo against scrubbly falcons. a good falcon will usually always make it combo assuming no di

xed122

Smash Cadet
i play on the wii CV and i have play more that 75 matches and still item menu didnt appear is this a glitch or what?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Has there ever been a major Super Smash Bros. 64 tournament held were the Virtual Console version on the Wii was used rather than the N64 console version? If so, would somebody please link me to info and/or videos of the event.

Shears

Smash Master
Has there ever been a major Super Smash Bros. 64 tournament held were the Virtual Console version on the Wii was used rather than the N64 console version? If so, would somebody please link me to info and/or videos of the event.
No because that would be stupid. I went to a tournament once where one of the setups was a VC and it was absolutely awful. I didn't realize how much frame skipping there was and how big of a difference it made until I played on it. It should not only be banned from competitive play but made illegal for domestic use worldwide and all copies of it destroyed. Wii VC is the coming of the anti-christ and will bring about great horrors upon SSB64.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
No because that would be stupid. I went to a tournament once where one of the setups was a VC and it was absolutely awful. I didn't realize how much frame skipping there was and how big of a difference it made until I played on it. It should not only be banned from competitive play but made illegal for domestic use worldwide and all copies of it destroyed. Wii VC is the coming of the anti-christ and will bring about great horrors upon SSB64.
You're funny. :chuckle:

Many younger gamers whose introduction to SSB64 was the Virtual Console version would be completely able to play it competitively. It's just a matter of what someone is accustomed to. They may even wonder why in the world anyone would ever want to play Smash 64 with the crappy N64 controller.

Shears

Smash Master

Many younger gamers whose introduction to SSB64 was the Virtual Console version would be completely able to play it competitively. It's just a matter of what someone is accustomed to. They may even wonder why in the world anyone would ever want to play Smash 64 with the crappy N64 controller.
Ugh this isn't a controller problem, see http://onlinessb.com/controllers.html, this is gameplay problem. VC can't be played competitively because there are random frame skips. You're pika, you upb, the frames where your direction input is used to pick where you go are skipped, and then you just go vertical and die.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord

Don't be stupid, an opinion (waah I don't like n64 controller) that's a non issue is nothing compared to a game literally not working properly.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Don't be stupid, an opinion (waah I don't like n64 controller) that's a non issue is nothing compared to a game literally not working properly.
Let's carry this argument out to its logical conclusion. When original N64 cartridges are no longer available on the used market or when they become prohibitively expensive does that mean that the competitive Smash 64 scene will die? Will competitive SBB64 be played on PC's in the future?

Shears

Smash Master
Let's carry this argument out to its logical conclusion. When original N64 cartridges are no longer available on the used market or when they become prohibitively expensive does that mean that the competitive Smash 64 scene will die? Will competitive SBB64 be played on PC's in the future?
These carts aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Logistically, it will be run on PCs in the far distant future if its necessary. Or Nintendo will involve itself even more in these competitive scenes and rerelease melee and 64 in a bundle pack with its next smash game (or whichever smash game they're at when these old systems begin to die). NES consoles and carts are much older than 64 and they still run. Old and ancient arcade systems are still in use and running and they're even older. These machines last a long time and any parts that deteriorate can be replaced by those in the hobby. This scene is small enough (even melee is small enought) that they can be called hobbies that people can do what they need to do to keep them alive.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Let's carry this argument out to its logical conclusion. When original SSBM discs are no longer available on the used market or when they become prohibitively expensive does that mean that the competitive Melee scene will die? Will competitive SSBM be played on PC's in the future?
Let's carry this argument out to its logical conclusion. When original Street Fighter 2 arcade boards are no longer available on the used market or when they become prohibitively expensive does that mean that the competitive street fighter 2 scene will die? Will competitive SF2 be played on PC's in the future?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c93mDy0HFU&feature=youtu.be&t=320

People still compete on Donkey Kong world records on the original cabinets/arcade boards. People still enter pinball tournaments to compete on pinball machines older than video games themselves. Take your awful logic elsewhere in a terrible attempt to push your ****ty "muh HDTV, muh gamecube controller, muh Wii/Wii U" agenda somewhere else.

Top Bottom