• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I've already played people on those stages online using custom cheat codes I assume, meaning you could go ahead and play it on console with gameshark. I dont know what Everdrive 64 is but since I've never heard of it I assume its probably even more rare than GS so I don't really see what the advantage to this would be.
i dont think its that rare. ive know a few people that own them

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
http://www.amazon.com/GameShark-Pro...7493553&sr=8-2&keywords=gameshark+nintendo+64
http://www.amazon.com/Everdrive-64-...8&qid=1427493534&sr=8-1&keywords=everdrive+64

Definitely looks to be much more expensive, comparatively. I do think that some kind of tournament mod that allows for stage picks like metal cavern, BF, 1P mode Yoshi's Story, and DL beta (the How to Play stage) would be really interesting and add a lot of new strategy to the tournament metagame, but if we do go down that road, I think Gameshark codes or for that matter, just using emulators will probably be the more feasible solution.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I've already played people on those stages online using custom cheat codes I assume, meaning you could go ahead and play it on console with gameshark. I dont know what Everdrive 64 is but since I've never heard of it I assume its probably even more rare than GS so I don't really see what the advantage to this would be.
I know that you can use those stages, but that's part of my rom hack wish list, the other is getting new characters

Horbie

Smash Cadet
So ever since Apex I've been trying to learn how to play with the entire cast of characters, and I feel like I've got them down pretty decently now, but my combo game is pretty weak for most cause I'm just using the combos I've figured out by myself.

Anywhere I can go to learn the basic combo-ing tools for each character in the cast?
Or recommendations for different players to watch and what characters to watch them play?

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
So ever since Apex I've been trying to learn how to play with the entire cast of characters, and I feel like I've got them down pretty decently now, but my combo game is pretty weak for most cause I'm just using the combos I've figured out by myself.

Anywhere I can go to learn the basic combo-ing tools for each character in the cast?
Or recommendations for different players to watch and what characters to watch them play?
http://smashboards.com/threads/updated-and-organized-character-guide.391310/

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I experienced a weird glitch(?) yesterday while playing Falcon dittos on DL. So like a peregrine falcon, I descended upon my prey, the opposing falcon. I read his jump and I dair him down into the leftmost platform. I wanted to do a tech read, dair again, and Falcon Punch. Instead of him landing on the platform, he slides off of it because of the angle that dair sends a player, this is natural. The weird part was that right after I daired him and he slides off of the platform, I shield 'cause I'm going shield jump or whatever but he follows up with a dair simultaneously. When my shield and his dair connected, I heard another hit sound as if he landed the dair but I was still in shield and I received no damage.

Did the game falsely play the hit sound because I shielded on the same frame that he daired? It was strangely similar to a parry and looking back I should have tried to act out of shield to test if I had shield stun.

BananaBolts

No, I was vulnerable after he slid off of the platform. I immediately shielded upon z-cancelling. It looked like he daired on the first frame that he could have acted too.

BananaBolts

While I wish that was true, it was probably an ultra specific situation wherein I tricked the game into merely playing the hit audio. However, I regret not trying to act out of shield.

enneielle

Smash Rookie
I cant remember if it came from this website or not, but basically this guy outlined the different levels of competitive players starting from noob all the way to pro. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
What does tilting your shield do (let's say, during Mario/Kirby's short hop dair)? I've seen top players do it all the time but what's the purpose of doing this?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
What does tilting your shield do (let's say, during Mario/Kirby's short hop dair)? I've seen top players do it all the time but what's the purpose of doing this?
Since there is significant block stun in this game, characters like mario or kirby doing a dair on your shield will most likely have the goal of pressuring your shield in order to break it. However, for the defender it is better to get hit by an attack than to have their shield broken which could lead to a more devastating attack/setup being used that can lead to death quicker. Therefore, in these cases the players are tilting their shield in an angle that makes it more likely for the attacker to just shield stab and hit the other player instead of hitting the shield more times which can lead to a broken shield.

ganas

Smash Cadet
Where can I find the results of Apex 2015 money matches? Where any of them recorded? I'm specifically interested in the tacos vs. the Z 12cb.

Shears

Smash Master
Where can I find the results of Apex 2015 money matches? Where any of them recorded? I'm specifically interested in the tacos vs. the Z 12cb.
@ Soto Soto recorded them on LA_Smash. I don't know how good all the quality was and if any were uploaded to youtube but a lot of MMs didn't happen. I don't think tacos vs the Z happened because apparently the Z was a chicken or something. If it did happen I was probably passed out drunk and missed it.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
z and tacos mm never happened
''if you dont know about something dont talk about it''
''Where can I find the results of Apex 2015 money matches? Where any of them recorded? I'm specifically interested in the tacos vs. the Z 12cb.''

He was interested in the tacos vs. the Z 12cb, but was just looking for results and videos. I put stuff up.
You didn't specifically state that never happened. :)

ganas

Smash Cadet
I was just listening to the podcasts cobr has on YouTube and got curious because people seemed to be hyped for that 12cb. You were all helpful, I appreciate the links and the answer about z vs tacos.

Soto

Smash Cadet
In reference to the money matches and all recordings on LA Smash's channel: all money matches and even friendlies were recorded and posted in our channel, as well as the tournament matches.

YouTube.com/user/SotoHSmash

Shears

Smash Master
In reference to the money matches and all recordings on LA Smash's channel: all money matches and even friendlies were recorded and posted in our channel, as well as the tournament matches.

YouTube.com/user/SotoHSmash
I don't see the crew battle. Then again, west coast got stomped.

codydaniels88

Smash Rookie
I'm a fox main and I have no knowledge on how to di to my advantage. By that I mean how to not go as far when I am hit. Basically how I can use it to stay alive. Any help would be appreciated

caneut

Smash Ace
I'm a fox main and I have no knowledge on how to di to my advantage. By that I mean how to not go as far when I am hit. Basically how I can use it to stay alive. Any help would be appreciated
di in this game is smash di, and only smash di

Shears

Smash Master
Anyone know of or have any means of automating PJ64? I would like something a little more solid than simply a macro clicking to coordinates on the screen because I would like the automation to run in the background and not have to use up the mouse and keyboard of a computer. I have an idea that goes along with this and I would like to talk to someone about some emulator automation. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy, basically to automate random character selection.

@Madao @ Kahnu Kahnu @ Fireblaster Fireblaster @KnitePhox @tehz @sextc @anyone else who knows anything about modding and the emulator

If this is a possibility I will be interested in taking time into learning more about modding and the emulator itself.

Last edited:

P D

Smash Ace
DAE think this game is hella bland with dreamland as the neutral pick??

Sedda

Smash Champion
DAE think this game is hella bland with dreamland as the neutral pick??
everyone wishes we had more than one really good stage to choose from, or maybe one stage that is somehow equally good for all chars, but that's not the case.

Gotta settle with what's best.

No, we don't think the game is bland. What do you think people here are going to tell you?

P D

Smash Ace
everyone wishes we had more than one really good stage to choose from, or maybe one stage that is somehow equally good for all chars, but that's not the case.

Gotta settle with what's best.

No, we don't think the game is bland. What do you think people here are going to tell you?

i come from the land of the hyrule era. very not bland

@ C caneut every now and then

Sedda

Smash Champion
i come from the land of the hyrule era. very not bland
I personally love Hyrule, but it's not a good stage for tournaments. If you play online, youll find several people who'll play multiple stages with you.

P D

Smash Ace
I personally love Hyrule, but it's not a good stage for tournaments. If you play online, youll find several people who'll play multiple stages with you.
it's been a fine stage for 11 years of competitive play. there were just too many salty **** tent victims out there hue

Top Bottom