• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

charlocharlie

Smash Cadet
NNID
charlocharlie
Question: What does the term "Dream Land only" actually mean?
Here's what I've come up with so far:
- The standard ruleset with Dream Land, Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, and NOT Hyrule Castle.
- A mysterious unofficial ruleset that top players agree to where they don't use counterpick stages.
- The Japanese ruleset.

All recent video I've seen of Smash 64 has players only going to Dream Land, and I was curious if it was regular to not use the counterpick stages, or if it was in the tournament's rules.

caneut

Smash Ace
- The standard ruleset with Dream Land, Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, and NOT Hyrule Castle.
- A mysterious unofficial ruleset that top players agree to where they don't use counterpick stages.
- The Japanese ruleset.

All recent video I've seen of Smash 64 has players only going to Dream Land, and I was curious if it was regular to not use the counterpick stages, or if it was in the tournament's rules.
its literally just the best stage available for this game. hyrule is campy because approaches are limited. dreamland is fast because its small and approach options are a multitude.

Sedda

Smash Champion
i think it has everything to do with it, bud

@ Fireblaster Fireblaster wut?
if you took the time to find why hyrule was banned, you'd understand that the tent has little to do with it even though it does promote campy play.

- The Japanese ruleset.

what do you mean? Dreamland only means Dreamland only.

Tournament rules are up to the tournament organizer, and most of the recent BIG tournaments have DL as the neutral stage with Kongo and Peach's as counterpicks. I think the Xanadu weeklies are Dreamland only, though, just like the Japanese ruleset and the south american tournaments

P D

Smash Ace
if you took the time to find why hyrule was banned, you'd understand that the tent has little to do with it even though it does promote campy play.
you mean players inability do deal with camping play styles? yes, that's what happened.

Madao

Anyone know of or have any means of automating PJ64? I would like something a little more solid than simply a macro clicking to coordinates on the screen because I would like the automation to run in the background and not have to use up the mouse and keyboard of a computer. I have an idea that goes along with this and I would like to talk to someone about some emulator automation. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy, basically to automate random character selection.
I think the easiest way would be to use a program like AHK. It has enough basic functionality to do what you need. It's able to use the mouse and keyboard in the background, unless the application was programmed a certain way (most likely deliberately). I can test it out this week, for Project64.

Worst case scenario, you could write a program that has more advanced features I guess.

Sedda

Smash Champion
you mean players inability do deal with camping play styles? yes, that's what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQp5w-9IAE

this is one match of a set. several characters can camp indefinitely once they have stock/% advantage and there's no reason for them to risk approaching while making it impossible for the losing player to approach.

really, just google it or search around this section and you'll find why hyrule was banned. took about 1.5 - 2 years of discussions in several threads.

defensive playstyles are fine, so I don't know what you mean. True CAMPING play styles on hyrule are impossible to break through. Gerson is one of the best pika players in the world, especially on hyrule.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I think the easiest way would be to use a program like AHK. It has enough basic functionality to do what you need. It's able to use the mouse and keyboard in the background, unless the application was programmed a certain way (most likely deliberately). I can test it out this week, for Project64.

Worst case scenario, you could write a program that has more advanced features I guess.
What I don't like about AHK is if it is consuming the mouse then you can't use it while it is using it. Caneut brought to my attention that you can use gameshark codes and the quick match rom to load the game with characters already selected. That will be enough to create random character selection, the next thing to do would be to read the results from the match to determine when a match has finished and then do it all over again recording the outcome.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Cheat Engine has lua scripting. I'd imagine Lua +CE memory viewing capabilities are more than powerful enough to do what you want to do. (although moving between screens without inputs might be hard to do; idk) The "documentation" for CE Lua is non-existent, though.

Unless you're trying to do something online (with PJ64k), it'd be way easier just to use Bizhawk.

(Also, I bet you'd be able to write a character randomizer "in-game" with gameshark codes/ASM if you were dedicated enough, but if you're using pj64k, then there's no hope).

Studstill

Smash Ace
Not that anyone plays Link in tournaments anyway, but is it tournament legal to spawn invisible bombs?
It would be legal in my tournaments until proven abusable. I`d say 10% chance I`d ever ban an in game move or series of moves.
the tent doesnt really have much to do with it, but ok bud
Too many victims period.
DL forces encounters, and skyrockets small skill gaps to dominance.
Hyrule is the best stage for all levels of play.

Disclose

Smash Rookie
Thanks koro, I've been away from the community for a couple months and I didn't even know this happened before a couple weeks ago.

GoodMorningWood

Smash Rookie
I am using the wii u gamecube adapter and have the driver all set up. it works on dolphin but when i try to configure the cotroller in project 64 it doesnt work. Help?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I am using the wii u gamecube adapter and have the driver all set up. it works on dolphin but when i try to configure the cotroller in project 64 it doesnt work. Help?
Did you uncheck raw data

Mind posting an image of your controller config, I mean in project 64k, the controller plugin/etc.

SmashFactorCiti

Smash Rookie
Who's your favorite Mexican Smash 64 player?

who's your favorite Smash 64 mexican player?

Last edited by a moderator:

-nero

Smash Rookie
All right, troubleshooting question: I'm getting an error when opening PJ64k or PJ64kVE ("Not enough memory for jump table" followed by "failed to allocate memory"). I just built a new PC yesterday, running Windows 8.1, 8GB of RAM so it's obviously some issue besides available memory.

I've googled and searched Smashboards a bunch already and found a ton of posts describing the same issue, but none of the solutions or suggestions I've seen have worked. I've restarted my PC, moved the entire PJ64k folder to a different drive and tried running it from there, disabled my anti-virus (Bitdefender Free), ran both versions under every compatibility mode possible... feeling pretty stuck at this point.

PJ64 loads fine by the way, just the online versions that don't run. Consistent with some of the posts I found from people with the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Turns out it was Bitdefender, it was blocking it even when I turned the protection off and closed it. Had to uninstall. Thanks to Pidge for adding a note about this on the r/smashbros wiki

Last edited:

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
I think I have that file somewhere on my harddrive. I hunted it down a couple years ago.

I'll double check when I get home tonight.
ok I hope you find the file
:)

PD: You can search more faster if you put project64.cht or *.cht.

Last edited:

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
The .cht included in that link, is the collection of "SMASH BOTHERS" with of max 393 cheats. But anyway thanks for the links.
There in this page: http://smashboards.com/threads/biggest-update-gameshark-codes-download.300968/ the part where says Project64 Offline contains more of 600 cheats!. (I want these cheats but copy and paste dont work all cheats :()

PD: sorry for bad english i am costa rican.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
The .cht included in that link, is the collection of "SMASH BOTHERS" with of max 393 cheats. But anyway thanks for the links.
There in this page: http://smashboards.com/threads/biggest-update-gameshark-codes-download.300968/ the part where says Project64 Offline contains more of 600 cheats!. (I want these cheats but copy and paste dont work all cheats :()

PD: sorry for bad english i am costa rican.
The file sizes that Gaudy lists are the same in both threads (3.24MB). The file release dates are the same. As the for the "600" missing cheats, I bet that Gaudy was listing the number of lines of codes. So, there were 1000 lines of cheats for SSB64, but only 393 cheat codes. (some codes need more than 1 line)

It looks like Gaudy is still active on that site. Try contacting him there for more direct answers.

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes.

Any links of videos to Apex 2011? Apparently they exist somewhere, I've never found them, though.

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
The file sizes that Gaudy lists are the same in both threads (3.24MB). The file release dates are the same. As the for the "600" missing cheats, I bet that Gaudy was listing the number of lines of codes. So, there were 1000 lines of cheats for SSB64, but only 393 cheat codes. (some codes need more than 1 line)

It looks like Gaudy is still active on that site. Try contacting him there for more direct answers.
Thanks Tehz for answer me :)

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes.

Any links of videos to Apex 2011? Apparently they exist somewhere, I've never found them, though.
There was no Apex 2011. There was an Apex 2010, but I'm not aware of any 64 videos, and I wouldn't be surprised if none exist.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
There was no Apex 2011. There was an Apex 2010, but I'm not aware of any 64 videos, and I wouldn't be surprised if none exist.
I doubt any exist. I mean the event was only 22 people, my guess it was delegated to a small TV in said section.

Last edited:

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
Ok, i found some really cool website in this forum that lets you see the hitboxes of every character and lets you slow the frames down and ****. No idea where i found it though, and i cant seem to find it again. Anyone know what im talking about? If so, can you please link it? :151:

Shears

Smash Master
Last edited:

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
Ok, if someone can tell me what is the cheat codes for delete the limit of 4 items spawning on Training Mode in Super Smash Brothers 64 (U) [!] post and help me!
Question request: 1

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes.

If you mean apex 2012, other than WF and GF it's out there. I only watched it once and I'm pretty sure it's just like one hour or two long video. No commentary, and if I remember right there might not even be sound at all. Pretty low quality too. I personally don't care too much for tournament videos without commentary.

Top Bottom