• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asheville, NC tournament! February 24!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Drab, don't worry at all. This is only gonna be our second tournament, we got our ***** kicked at the first one. Trust me, you'll kick our ***** :p.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:(

If I were to go, I was gonna throw in a twist and play as Dr. Mario. God he's too much fun!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
**** Pac that sucks...stupid exams.

Hey, does anyone here have an approximite idea of hen this thing might be over? I need to know for my ride...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oh well exams are fun too?
Most certainly. But only if the grade is above an 80. So freakin' satisfying. If you know the material, going through the exam, you'll constantly be saying to yourself "Are they kidding? This is to easy". Good times.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
im lucky i made it through sckool, see i cant even spell as is =(

But i can smash and you bet im ready for this thing.

L0zr is ready to keep tourney streak going =)

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Yeah, I just found out myself like 10 minutes before I posted it. With all the people saying they're coming, though; I'm sure there'll be more in the future, hopefully with more notice.

So who all should I expect to see tomorrow?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Sorry guys, there is a 99% chance we can't go. My parents are being a ***** about it, and my ride is Pyrostormer's ride...*sigh*

Twiggy

Smash Lord
1st Lozr
2nd Ali
3rd Dez?
4th Twig
5th Munk
5th ?
7th El Cancel
7th ?

I dunno what else?

Ali just pretty much *****.

Malk

Smash Champion
I got 5th.
You know.
From Greensboro.

My 9 hammer reaches through time and space to DOMINATE

Sorry everyone, I wish I could've come, I had college auditions. My sister lives in Asheville too, it would've been perfect, ****.

Edit: Who is Dez?
Double edit: I can edit now!

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
this tournament was trash.. If you say its going to be the old MLG rules... it needs to be that way... only 6 stages were legal at this tournament.. and a coinflip decided stage selection... thats not even close to MLG... and there were only 2 setups... there was no warmup time allowed unless you payed 5 dollars an hour... and chocalate thunder rode 5 hours, payed 5 dollars, and got to play just 1 1v1 game.... it was garbage, the owner is a hardass and so is his son... I will never go back to this place, and i ask all other smashers to avoid this place too... not because the tournament sucked balls, but because the owner was being a racist prick towards Ali all day.

all of that aside...
Twig - I love you
Ali - I love you too.. and your CF was unbelievable
Peter - Thank you for the ride, sucks we had to play first round, but you impressed me, cant wait to play you again.. hopefully you can make it to munkaid
Lozr - your lucky ali wasnt able to counter pick with the level he wanted for game 3.. you also need to stop cheating. fox = gay
Beans - good seeing you as always
Choc thunder - your pretty, sorry you got screwed over
Drab - Glad i could meet another cool NC smasher, do your best to make it to munkaid

All the others there... COME TO MUNKAID, and i will show you what a real smash tournament is like... i promise you guys will have too much fun... and 5 dollar door fee lets you play as many friendlies as you want from 12pm until 12am

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
i agree with munk, drab thx for setting this thing up dude, no one has gave you much credit for it yet. Hope to see you at munkaid 5 and will get donkey dong down there and all of the app guys hopefully. Munkaid 5 will be too good.

DoctorChuk

Smash Apprentice
Oh I didn't know that was a crew name idea. I thought that was just the name you and Peter were using for your team Friday night.

It's not a bad idea. Maybe it'll stick and we can be o-fficial.

Xeritross

Smash Apprentice
~T.C.~

ALI!!!!!!!!! FALCON...DITTO!!!!! *echoes*

Good **** Rep. Falcon man!
LOZR Good **** brutha!!
Good **** everybody!
Wish I could have been there pplZ:ohwell: Had other planz goingk on.. *wat amma doink*
Will for sure be at munkaid 5,000,000 with more characters along C.Falcon's side/ marth, fox, etc...So B ready" B"

AAANNDFALCON..POSE!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
*fart*

Malk

Smash Champion
man I need to play you Ali. Everyone in NC plays freaking falcon, I can't even imagine how beastly yours is. I can't wait for Munkaid.

DisASter

Smash Rookie
this tournament was trash.. If you say its going to be the old MLG rules... it needs to be that way... only 6 stages were legal at this tournament.. and a coinflip decided stage selection... thats not even close to MLG...
The 6 stages allowed were taken straight from the MLG rules I found on mlgpro.com. So I'd say it's pretty close to MLG. The coin-flip was for the sake of simplicity. I admit, if we weren't going to go by MLG 100%, than we should have said so.

and there were only 2 setups...
Was that even a problem at all?

there was no warmup time allowed unless you payed 5 dollars an hour...
We've taken note of that. However, we've held a Halo 2 tournament, and a Gears of War tournament, and there has not been a single complaint about having to pay to use our systems. It's a gaming lounge, and it wasn't free. It's a business.

and chocalate thunder rode 5 hours, payed 5 dollars, and got to play just 1 1v1 game....
He could do whatever he wanted during his $5 hour. If he only got to play one round, that was his choice.

it was garbage, the owner is a hardass and so is his son... I will never go back to this place, and i ask all other smashers to avoid this place too... not because the tournament sucked balls, but because the owner was being a racist prick towards Ali all day.
Racist? lmfao. So you thinking making your name "JIHD" isn't a sign that you can joke around about your race? Sounds like you're the hardass.

This was our first Smash tournament, and we made that very clear. You could have asked for a refund at any time, and we would have gladly given it back. We even asked several times during the tournament if there was anything we could improve on. You didn't say anything then, did you? If you thought our tournament was such trash, then we would have more than happy to hear your complaints in person, when we asked for them.

Malk

Smash Champion
Everyone knows Munkey's a *****, but it still sounds like your tournament was silly.

Yes, there are 6 neutral stages, for the 1st pick, but then almost all of them are open for counterpicking. Yes, 2 set-ups is a problem, if the tourney is supposed to run smoothly at all (Especially if it's $5 an hour to play casually), Yes, joking about Ali's race is racism. Just because he brings it up in a joke does not mean you can. Ever try calling a black guy you don't know your *****?

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
MLG RULES
- Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
- Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
- Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
- Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett.

Ali tried to pick Brinstar (not Brinstar Depths) as the final stage in the set between him and lozr... he would have had a better chance at winning on that stage. A stage that clearly wasn't banned by MLG.

and read the rest of the MLG rules.

- After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.

- After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

- For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

So your tournament was not even close to MLG rules. Some people had to drive 5 hours to enter a tournament that was advertised as MLG rules.

The 2 setups were a problem because YOU HAVE TO WARM UP BEFORE YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME. If you had any idea how hard this game is, you would realize that you dont just pick up a controller and win. Warm ups are required, just like in sports. There were 2 systems and 20 players (not sure the exact number). We had to pay 5 dollars each and share the 2 systems. I ended up paying 5 dollars for 15mins of warmup time.

And the racist bull**** was completely unacceptable. I would have honestly been nice about your tournament sucking, and i would have let you guys have another chance before putting it down so hard if it wasn't for the racist tribal calls he used before calling out Ali's gamertag each time. Ali said it made him feel uncomfortable. If you expect me to talk nice about you or your gaming lounge, then treat ALL the gamers with respect.

EDIT: And if it was MLG rules, double elim.. how come Ali would have won the entire tournament if had of beat lozr that best of 3.... if you were going by the REAL rules, Ali would have had to beat him best of 3 twice.

retiredarmymp

Smash Rookie
Well then. I apoligize for any feelings you may have gotten about me (the owner). It was not my intention to upset you or hurt your feelings (to whom it may concerne). As for me being a racist, if that is your perception I truly am sorry. This was my first and probably last attempt to do a SSBM tourney (I just do not know enough about it). For those of you who did not like it, I did ask how to make it better and took note of it. Once again, on behalf of Virtual Ambush, myself and my staff (son), we apologize for any hurt feelings or unprofessionalism on our part.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
And Munkey has laid the smacketh down........I feel you guys, ****ty tournys aren't worth the time or money. If you're gonna host a tourny, make sure you atleast know the ****en rules.

Edit - Above post is a sorry attempt at trying to get ppl to come to his place again so he can get more money.

|= U C K this noob

Top Bottom