• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asheville, NC tournament! February 24!

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
If anyone in the Asheville, North Carolina area is interested in attending a Smash tournament, I have a possible host.

I spoke with Tom, owner of the recently-opened 'Virtual Ambush Gaming Lounge', which runs weekly video game tournaments. Currently, he's running things like Halo2, Gears of War, and Madden, but I mentioned Smash to him and he said that he'd definitely run a tournament as long as there's enough interest in it.

If there's anyone else in the area (their location is on their website) who would be interested, give them a call and let them know! The more interest we can muster, the sooner he'll run the tournament.

I'm counting on you guys. Don't let me down.

EDIT: Tournament confirmed! February 24, check the site for more details. http://www.virtualambush.com/

Anyone who needs directions or a place to crash, send me a message, but I can't hold you all. :p The more people who come for this one, the more likely he is to run more.

Lenca

Smash Journeyman
hey..i live in whiteville nc....umm...is that near ashville?? i would go to the tourny..

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
I don't have any dates or anything; this place just opened up 2.5 weeks ago. If you're interested, though, you should write Tom an e-mail and let him know; they have a contact on their site.

Asheville and Whiteville:

Twiggy

Smash Lord
the pics on the website makes me think this place would be expensive to rent. It just looks tooooo high class.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
if that is the case... I know a lot of people would be interested. That place looks ****ing boss hog.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I'm interested, but the guys here will tell you, I haven't entered a tourney. I intend to, it's just I never seem to be able to make.

If I can, hell, I'd go. My two main issues is a Ride, and my Mother. ~_~ But yeah, I'm interested.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
yeah, just go ahead and count zio as not being there. He'll quit before he'll enter a tournament.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
HELL YES I'M COMING!
See that tiny town named Hickory next to Asheville? THAT'S WHERE I AM!
Finally, a tourney actually NEAR ME!

Edit: Oh and the place looks sexy!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I see the site's banner showcases Tetris. I'm totally there for Tetris! I'm undefeated in my area.

ehem . . .

Malk

Smash Champion
Well my sister goes to UNC-A so of course I would go. If I go my whole crew would probably tag along so that's like three more.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
I'm gonna go back over to the place this week sometime and show the owner the responses here, see if we can get anything more definite set up. Way more people were interested than I had thought there would be. Awesome response, guys.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Actually, yes!

Tom, the owner, decided he liked the idea, and scheduled the tournament for this Saturday, February 24. I know this is short notice, but I just found out today. MLG ruleset; tournament starts at 3, register in person, by e-mail, or phone by 1. And if anybody needs a place to crash, I've got a couch; just send me a PM.

http://www.virtualambush.com/

It's the first thing on the page.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
yo i heard there's gonna be a really good crew coming. the best crew in asheville i hear.

also, might be some applachian players too.

i gonna practice up my pikachu. he nasty! he mad nasty!

lozr, you can make it! yes!!!!

Top Bottom