• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ART with your POWER!!! #2 (contest ends 08/15/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Alright guys thanks for the entries =)

Now I'll be honest, it's going to take me some time judging, because I have full days of work Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday I'm flying back to the US. So I'm going to be worn out. I'll try to have my stuff written up by next week.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
Um actually photo manipulation is where you take parts from different images inorder to make a new picture.
is it allowed?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey just tell them your on a different month zone.

Mewter

Smash Master
You know, I once had a dream about that:
*Walks up to a person's door and rings the doorbell.*
*Someone answers the door.*
"You're late."
"I'm sorry. I live in a different month zone."

Yeah... :ohwell:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Anything with TM? Or no luck there either?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, sounds good. So long as Chaco loses I am fine.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
a self portrait prompt would be awesome for the next one... or perhaps one dealing with an expressive figure (i mean who doesn't like anatomy?) :bee:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey Elder Sister, did you come up with the prompt for this one, or did you hand off the responsibility to the judges?

Elder Sister

Smash Lord

They are waiting for MLG to fix it.

I.e. you will have to wait for a looooong time.
aww that sucks.... well. patience is a virtue. n'est-ce pas?

Alright, sounds good. So long as Chaco loses I am fine.
lol
Hey Elder Sister, did you come up with the prompt for this one, or did you hand off the responsibility to the judges?
umm.. that was me:bee:
but i thought i wouldnt be a good judge, thats why im not judging:)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I disagree. Self-portraits have a lot of potential for interpretation.

In art class (back in the day), we had to draw self-portraits all the time. I drew a picture of my feet, and my teacher said that it wasn't a "true" self-portrait. But it was a portrait and it was of myself, so I argued that, yes, it was a self-portrait.

You just gotta think outside the box when it comes to self-portraits. They're more fun that way.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
self portraits, people tend to view themselves more negatively than how someone else may draw you.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
self portraits, people tend to view themselves more negatively than how someone else may draw you.
I don't view myself negatively.. It's just that my drawing hand does. :(

I hate it when I have an inspiration/idea but can't get my drawings (or any other thing I do) look nowhere near what I thought of doing.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
i hope people understand that a self-portrait isn't defined as a drawing of yourself....
It is simply something that represents you and how you see yourself....

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Gah I've had to draw myself so many times for different classes.

It's kinda sweet. The best model you can get is yourself.

Just draw what you see, not what you want to see. The most important aspect of drawing from life is using your eyes and not your brain.

I hope there is a self portrait contest. I have a plethora of previous work I could submit and a plethora of new ideas I could start on.

*Crosses fingers*

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
I disagree. Self-portraits have a lot of potential for interpretation.

In art class (back in the day), we had to draw self-portraits all the time. I drew a picture of my feet, and my teacher said that it wasn't a "true" self-portrait. But it was a portrait and it was of myself, so I argued that, yes, it was a self-portrait.

You just gotta think outside the box when it comes to self-portraits. They're more fun that way.
you got a point. i hate if my teacher says my piece is not fitting the prompt though art is something that shouldnt be limited in interpretation anyways n'est-ce pas?
ouais, i agree with you now. it would be interesting seeing the different realizations...
but well, the next prompt is to be picked by the winner of this awyp.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

you got a point. i hate if my teacher says my piece is not fitting the prompt though art is something that shouldnt be limited in interpretation anyways n'est-ce pas?
ouais, i agree with you now. it would be interesting seeing the different realizations...
but well, the next prompt is to be picked by the winner of this awyp.

So, anyone know when we will know who won.(prays its not Chaco.)

matt4300

Smash Ace
>_>' this is getting kinda redic... I feel like ived been going to this thread for weeks lol

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Livvers has sent me her scores. I'm also finishing up WWYP judging. No promises, but Tuesday morning should be the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom