• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Looping-Undrdog

kown

Smash Lord
Undrdog since i really dont catch you on AIM and i think this needs to be clarifified for me and maybe other pit users. is arrow looping a must? Ive watched multiple vids and see matches perform well without arrow looping ( masashi mainly). (Masashi also keeps things simple.) I understand that its a mindgame (kinda) but it makes me feel slower. I feel slow performing an arrow loop and im constantly trying to become faster. I think the ONLY situation for arrow loops is when your opponent is in a 45 degree angle (northwest/northeast) of you. but other than that i see regular arrows being more beneficial and making me faster. I really could use ur thoughts.

um please leaave the first post for undrdog.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well for me i only use arrow loops for fun. But they can still be used to kill. I think at the top of the arc is right above the kill line. So if they jump after being knocked up and go over the line. You can kill them easier then shooting straight at them. Other then that it can be used to create a stun so ur free to hit them, and allows pit to do one of his few true combos.

For me it just slows me down. But i find it useful for 2v2, so i can shoot around my partner and edge guard. lol.

Though im not underdog so lol. Just my opinion.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Yeah so like I am not even a pit player but I somehow I have found myself in the pit forums lol....

But from what I can tell the idea would be that you are capable of moving while controlling your arrow forcing your opponent into a position where you can easily punish most of their actions. They either shield the arrow, dodge it, or just get hit, all of which are punishable.

Of course feel free to completely disagree with me I could be completely wrong XD

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It is VERY situational, I use it once or twice per match so that my opponent is on a constant lookout if I miss because they think It's coming back. So basically mindgames and thats about it, in the time it takes for you to loop the arrow round you could have spammed 2 or 3 more arrows.

O and also you must use it as a taunt.....MUST!

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Uhm I actually think that it isn't that usefull for an uncharged arrow but if you charge an arrow you'll miss more damage if it misses if you don't do an arrow loop. but the time for making a charged arrow and loop it would probably be only when there is a transform (PT change Zelda/Sheik Samus/ZSS) or when someone dies. I feel the same way about wingdashing IMO it isn't really usefull I would just dash. and about the charging an arrow and looping it while a transform is going on you probably could better just charge a smash.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm i really like arrow looping i normally use it when ive knocked them out high and off stage against the few characters who pit doesnt do too well against in the air (or else i would jsut wing renewal and fly up their and **** his family) also against characters that wait for you to come to them it really does have massive mindgame effects on them and pretty much sets you up for an f tilt into them if they venture too close

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Man, everybody wishes they could be me... ^_^

Yeah so like I am not even a pit player but I somehow I have found myself in the pit forums lol....

But from what I can tell the idea would be that you are capable of moving while controlling your arrow forcing your opponent into a position where you can easily punish most of their actions. They either shield the arrow, dodge it, or just get hit, all of which are punishable.

Of course feel free to completely disagree with me I could be completely wrong XD
Only post that needs to be read in this thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrow Looping isnt a must, but I use it for my benefits. While I like performing Mindgames on others, Arrow Looping is a key factor to my strategy. It even helps at the right time.
Even if you use it a lot, you can Fake it, then attack ur opponent, which is another part to the Mindgames. Arrow Looping has killed an opponent before, but on occasions only, at the right time.
Undr taught me well, and I thank him for everything he has taught me. As for the other tech... Im getting there.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
you can shoot upwards and loop it down past the edge where an opponent might be-struggling to get back to the stage. I've done it once maybe. It's situational though, cuz it'd be better to just edgeguard sometimes.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Yeah, if he did he would be better.

Edit: Japan also doesnt know about wingdashing to my knowledge. He doesnt use wing renewal as well.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
In my opinion to successfully destroy your opponent u should arrow loop. but people use it the wrong way, ive seen pits stand there and loop an arrow when im attacking them. sure it does 5 damage but at what cost 30? i arrow loop in pauses in the game if someone attacks i might have to abandon it. who cares i have plenty more. i usually arrow loop when i knock an opponent off the stage and the are too high that it would take me a while to get them so i shoot an arrow but try to connect. if i miss than i loop it and shoot another to higher my chances. arrows are for pauses and damage or mind games so looping is a necessity in pit game. btw i typed this on a wii mote and my arm hurts

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah, if he did he would be better.

Edit: Japan also doesnt know about wingdashing to my knowledge. He doesnt use wing renewal as well.
Masashi appears to be a very cut and dry fighter. I feel he'd be just as good if not better if he picked up a different character. In other words he's a very good Smasher. He can pick up Pit, not play him the way he's meant to be played, and still dominate with him.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Nah, I just dont think the matches being shown show much difficulty for pit. Theres no snake, meta, GW, or any character that has a spammable projectile going against him. Otherwise pit just naturally has the advantage in those matchups. That and along with masashi just naturally being able to read his opponents.

Top Bottom