• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada is your Melee EVO 2015 Champion!

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
It's sad because then you notice that most competitive Smashers are from the U.S., which means that Smash outside of the U.S. is fairly weak in terms of competitive play.
People have noticed that for years as its been true for years. Armada, leffen, and ice are the only really top level players outside of america. Javi and maybe amsa are probably up there too but thats it and it's always been like that.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Christ almighty. It's cause and effect, people. If you don't want a Jigglypuff to ledge stall, then don't laser camp her when you're down in stocks. Her options are only to approach while taking a billion percent, or annoy the fox for annoying her. So instead of complaining about what you see, pay some mind to the root of the problem. I guarantee if the foxes in this top 8 didn't do that, we wouldn't even be debating this.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
People have noticed that for years as its been true for years. Armada, leffen, and ice are the only really top level players outside of america. Javi and maybe amsa are probably up there too but that's it and it's always been like that.
There are a couple good Canadian players. KirbyKaze is at the very least on their level, Kage is below them, but still pretty good. Maybe Eddy Mexico and Santiago are generally considered pretty good too. ZeRo was also really good back when he played Melee.

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
Christ almighty. It's cause and effect, people. If you don't want a Jigglypuff to ledge stall, then don't laser camp her when you're down in stocks. Her options are only to approach while taking a billion percent, or annoy the fox for annoying her. So instead of complaining about what you see, pay some mind to the root of the problem. I guarantee if the foxes in this top 8 didn't do that, we wouldn't even be debating this.
This, so much.
There are a couple good Canadian players. KirbyKaze is at the very least on their level, Kage is below them, but still pretty good. Maybe Eddy Mexico and Santiago are generally considered pretty good too. ZeRo was also really good back when he played Melee.
Didn't ZeRo say he would focus on Melee for at least a year if he won Smash 4 at Evo?
I think with how powerful shields are in smash 4, which I agree they are powerful, they should instead get rid of power shielding, it benefits characters like sheik so much more than almost anyone else.
I honestly don't think that would solve anything because powershielding is a 4 frame window. A good starting point would be increasing shield stun because let's face it, there's no such thing as "Safe on Shield" in Smash 4.

Last edited:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Why does it say Plup beat Hungry 2 - 0 in the bracket picture

Meta1

Smash Rookie
:facepalm: *sigh* I'll just pretend you're worth wasting my time...

first off, Fox ain't the end-all beat-all. Hungrybox got second place with Jigglypuff, no serious style, no flash, just the lightest fighter in Melee. No Fox, no Falco, no Shiek, or Falcon... he doesn't need 'em.

i don't care for Melee for my own reasons, but bashing it just to instigate trouble is not worth anyone's breath. anyone who does is making idiots of themselves...
YEAH SECOND PLACE AND LOOK WHO GOT FIRST PLACE? OH THATS RIGHT FOX DID. NO ONES GOING TO REMEMBER SECONS PLACE! AND JIGGLYPUFF IS ONE OF THE TOP TIER CHARACTERS LETS SEE SOMEONE WIN EVO USING BOWSER

comics

Smash Cadet
Armada deserved it. In my opinion, he is the greatest Melee player of all time (sorry, Mang0 fans).

Last edited:

p0stscript

Smash Rookie
This EVO has been the most hype by far.

Also, nice disrespect with that medal, Mang0.

EDIT: Was going to post this pic originally, but forgot.

Look at all those viewers.
Literally, everything the "Gods" do is so damn anime lmaooooooo

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
nah, fifth place sucks, especially when Hungrybox really didn't even outplay him in the slightest. :/

PCHU

Smash Lord
nah, fifth place sucks, especially when Hungrybox really didn't even outplay him in the slightest. :/
Any sort of play that places you ahead of your opponent qualifies for outplaying your opponent.
Not that I condone boring/lame play or whatever, but if winning is important to you (and it especially should be with money on the line), it's wise to not limit yourself to strategies you deem fair/respectable, especially considering the options HBox chose were punishable as shown by Armada before the set with Mango.

Top Bottom