• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hey arby, I gave the first season of Book of Friends a 9 when I finished it. But... the second season is so much more superior. So, I gave it a 10. You should really watch this.

Also, I got this hellsing ultimate file setting on my HD but, I'm afraid to watch it because then I'll have to wait for the next one to come out. Sad times.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
might PM dekuschrub/AOB about SMYM, and Peef about POE
Lol I thought of doing this literally right before reading your post.

@Yoshiman: Welcome to my world, I promise it won't be pleasant :mad070:

Seriously though, all those are symptoms of excess mucus. You probably just have a cold or something.

Since my symptoms are chronic, it's more likely I have LPR: http://www.ucdvoice.org/lpr.html.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hey arby, I gave the first season of Book of Friends a 9 when I finished it. But... the second season is so much more superior. So, I gave it a 10. You should really watch this.

Also, I got this hellsing ultimate file setting on my HD but, I'm afraid to watch it because then I'll have to wait for the next one to come out. Sad times.
Mushishi, Aria, Natsume, and YKK (manga) are all sitting there waiting to be loved. I just haven't found the right time or mood.

My opinion is to save Hellsing until we all get together again, or to just save it until the last episode is out when we can watch them both. I started the series (and anime) with you guys, and we should end it together too.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
You probably just have a cold or something.
I don't think you are understanding the situation. I just got over a throat virus, how can I possibly be sick again. Especially when I don't have cold symptoms. I just have this annoying cough, messed up voice, constant clearing of the throat and painful acid reflex.

I'm just saying it's very unlikely since my immune system should be amazing after getting rid of this virus. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if I get sick in a few weeks since this place is crawling with germs.

Damn it arby, when you gonna get around to watching fist of the north star? I'm still waiting on you!!! since when ever I started it.

Just checked. A few days over a year ago. How long you plan on making me wait? Honestly, I should have made you guys watch this instead of Logh.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I don't know if you guys remember me, but I have some great news.

I just started up the Super Smash Club at the UofA Fayetteville! We have over 20 members already and our first tournament is in the works. (Sadly) Our first tournament will be for brawl, but we'll be moving on to melee in a short while. We're mostly mid-low intermediate level players but I think we may pull a few good players out of hiding.

Needless to say, I'll be the TO and I'll be posting here a lot more, we hope to get some of you guys up here to destroy us and we really want to come down to learn how to be great.

EDIT: Sorry you're sick dude. Get well soon!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

I just started up the Super Smash Club at the UofA Fayetteville! We have over 20 members already and our first tournament is in the works. (Sadly) Our first tournament will be for brawl, but we'll be moving on to melee in a short while. We're mostly mid-low intermediate level players but I think we may pull a few good players out of hiding.

Needless to say, I'll be the TO and I'll be posting here a lot more, we hope to get some of you guys up here to destroy us and we really want to come down to learn how to be great.
Ooh exciting. Well, Yoshiman lives just down the road from the university. If you guys get a Melee tourney together, I'm sure we'd come. As for us, we have a series starting up at a game store here in town. It had 28 entrants this last weekend with an 18 man amateur bracket and 10 man pro bracket. So you guys could choose who to tangle with while also getting to play us in friendlies :)

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Ooh exciting. Well, Yoshiman lives just down the road from the university. If you guys get a Melee tourney together, I'm sure we'd come. As for us, we have a series starting up at a game store here in town. It had 28 entrants this last weekend with an 18 man amateur bracket and 10 man pro bracket. So you guys could choose who to tangle with while also getting to play us in friendlies :)
Awesome! I WILL make a melee tournament happen sometime soon, I play melee almost religiously now. We're using Brawl just to pull people in honestly.

That being said... I'm kinda bad and we need some people to make us better.

Yoshiman, I'm going to PM you soon to find out where you live and stuff, I'm not living on campus so maybe we could chill sometime when you're feeling like yourself.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Awesome! I WILL make a melee tournament happen sometime soon, I play melee almost religiously now. We're using Brawl just to pull people in honestly.

That being said... I'm kinda bad and we need some people to make us better.

Yoshiman, I'm going to PM you soon to find out where you live and stuff, I'm not living on campus so maybe we could chill sometime when you're feeling like yourself.
Yay, I've been trying to find people to play up here. I almost lost hope. Just one warning, I do not play brawl. Also, don't force melee on people who don't want it, because we need to nurture all smash players in order to make our community grow. Eventually they may switch.

What's everyone watching from the spring season of anime?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=becFhwVRw4Y&list=UULa8p_6jxc68N30LIeIIztA&index=1&feature=plcp

So amazingly wowzors good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...eature=player_detailpage&v=becFhwVRw4Y#t=251s
A little something for Will. Pivot drop probably wasn't intentional, but it was still cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...eature=player_detailpage&v=becFhwVRw4Y#t=338s
The fox tried a Clay trick and got destroyed for it.

Lookit how he always ALWAYS jumps into the shine so he can act immediately. Shield, roll, attack or grab as the fox runs in... and his SDI. Ridiculous.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: Sorry you're sick dude. Get well soon!
What's up man-
Not gonna lie, I'm pimpin' out the Facebook page for the Arkansas Fighting Game Network (https://www.facebook.com/groups/373796221942/) but I'd heavily encourage you and your friends to join it if y'all haven't already. The more people that join it, the more we can centralize all gamers in one location so that if someone posts an event, EVERYONE will know about it and even if they don't want to go, they can tell their friends about it and get bigger turnouts. We also help with promotion of events and whatnot and we can help you make the event via our Facebook group so that everyone in the group is automatically invited. Anyway, whatever happens, try to let us know on the group or send me a PM (since I only come around Smashboards to post about tournaments and whatnot) and I'll spread the word about your tournies.

Oh and for the Central Arkansas guys- Our next tournament will be for Halo Reach probably around early April. We should be alternating Melee -> Halo -> Melee -> Halo or something like that. I'll let you guys know when the next Melee tourney is.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
You're giving me a quote from the Next Generation and expecting me not to argue with that noob?

What's delusional is watching that crappy movie/show/anything data was in and thinking it's good.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
What's up man-
Not gonna lie, I'm pimpin' out the Facebook page for the Arkansas Fighting Game Network (https://www.facebook.com/groups/373796221942/) but I'd heavily encourage you and your friends to join it if y'all haven't already. The more people that join it, the more we can centralize all gamers in one location so that if someone posts an event, EVERYONE will know about it and even if they don't want to go, they can tell their friends about it and get bigger turnouts. We also help with promotion of events and whatnot and we can help you make the event via our Facebook group so that everyone in the group is automatically invited. Anyway, whatever happens, try to let us know on the group or send me a PM (since I only come around Smashboards to post about tournaments and whatnot) and I'll spread the word about your tournies.
I'll get on it. I went to ARK 4 and entered the brawl tourney, did alright :/

I'll definitely see what I can do to work with you guys on making our tournaments accessible to you people in central Arkansas; however, I do have to note that, since our club is university sponsored, our members have to be university student. That doesn't mean that I can't invite you guys to the tournaments (I don't think) it just means that some of the tournaments will be students only. So while I would love to post all of our events to your page, I simply can't do it for ALL of them.

I will heavily advertise any tournaments you guys are having to my members and hopefully most of NWA though. I really hope to get down there and actually compete with you pros, not just get dominated :D (though I'm not against getting beat, I know some of our members will be discouraged).

I'm having a club officer meeting sometime this weekend and I'll bring up everything you've said to them and hopefully after we get a little experience under our belts, we can come down and visit.

Sorry for any redundancy, I'm about to head off to class so I'm a little rushed.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The lame as **** Magic/anime club on the other side of the cafeteria is projecting gay imagery onto Dumbledore's preference for lemon drops and other hard candies that you suck. MAYBE he's just OLD! These guys have been something else the past half hour. Too bad Will never got in contact with them, he woulda fit right in :troll:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'll get on it. I went to ARK 4 and entered the brawl tourney, did alright :/

I'll definitely see what I can do to work with you guys on making our tournaments accessible to you people in central Arkansas; however, I do have to note that, since our club is university sponsored, our members have to be university student. That doesn't mean that I can't invite you guys to the tournaments (I don't think) it just means that some of the tournaments will be students only. So while I would love to post all of our events to your page, I simply can't do it for ALL of them.

I will heavily advertise any tournaments you guys are having to my members and hopefully most of NWA though. I really hope to get down there and actually compete with you pros, not just get dominated :D (though I'm not against getting beat, I know some of our members will be discouraged).

I'm having a club officer meeting sometime this weekend and I'll bring up everything you've said to them and hopefully after we get a little experience under our belts, we can come down and visit.

Sorry for any redundancy, I'm about to head off to class so I'm a little rushed.
That's totally cool. We support gaming in Arkansas in general so whatever you guys need from us, let us know. Our mission isn't to find out about tournaments and take everyone's money haha. We will support you guys whether your tournaments are open to the public or not. Also, ARK V will probably be the last weekend of August. Book it ;)

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
The lame as **** Magic/anime club on the other side of the cafeteria is projecting gay imagery onto Dumbledore's preference for lemon drops and other hard candies that you suck. MAYBE he's just OLD! These guys have been something else the past half hour. Too bad Will never got in contact with them, he woulda fit right in :troll:
I did in fact join them for about 3 weeks, but I stopped going because they were ******s and didn't know anything about anime. aka narutards and bleachers plus one rurouni kenshin fan. There was maybe one real otaku there, but no one wanted to have actual anime discussions.

As far as magic goes they only played edh which I didn't want to do.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Hey South Arkansas has some smashers too. The Hare and I (The Best Players in South Arkansas since Vice went up north) plus about 5-6 other people who all are about at your and your friends lvl Purdi.
Arkansas has quite a few smashers. If we can just motivate them to show at tourney's, and not play brawl.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
ask someone with a resume.

Done with French, my M/W/F just opened up :D
VTS, they make templates for resumes all over the place. What kind of work is it for one, and I may can point you in the direction.

Also...no offense but what education are you going to list under the college? Because I'm not sure how much they weigh it for that place, but usually less than 1 yr at a community college will get your resume little to no looks. Especially if you don't have an estimated date of graduation with degree on there.

Speaking of resumes, Seif I'll bring you mine sometime before you see your mom. Also, what time works for you for me to drop it by there?

Also, Yoshiman-- Kenshin is cool...hope you're not knocking it.

Arby- Sweet, nice to be done with a full class I'm sure. "A"?

Vts

Smash Champion
It's just looking for anyone with any experience with C,C++,C#,.net,or java knowledge.

it's just for the summer to get a feel for what being a programmer is going to be like.

I doubt I'll get it lol, would be cool though.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Here you go VTS. This is my most recent application. You can copy the layout. Just make sure to add what programs you are proficient with. Also make sure your career profile is geared towards computer science. This is the one that got me the hotel job.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/184Y6vfMjj4jYjBHtN38_DqabFT4QsuW4DoeqwqC65TM/edit

@Gvice, no worries I'm not knocking it. I might once I get around to finishing the last arc.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Also just consider,

most of the times in professional career promising jobs and endeavors do not want you to include high school under education, and may as well desire to know the last few years of work history you have. Especially work related to the area you're applying for. Also potential references in case they are requested typed up on a seperate sheet of paper.

I say all these things because we are having to do one for a grade this year in class, and I have received tips from my professor aka Doctor Molsbee.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Real Talk though, OoT felt like a 3d rehash of aLttP when I was 7. MM was a lot better overall, and nearly every Zelda since OoT took what was good about the game (Its combat system) and applied it to better designed dungeons, as well as vastly improving the problems with it.

Maybe it was because I was young that I wasn't impressed by the "Revolutionary" Z-targetting. It just seemed like a nice bonus for the gameplay, not like something that was an amazing eureka development.
How you Zelda fans feel about this.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
How you Zelda fans feel about this.
I'm greatly in opposition to that. OoT was legendary, and it was the best Zelda game that I have ever played. Although LttP was amazing, I don't have the connection to it that I did with OoT due to age, and the fact my game got erased and somewhat stolen as a child playing LttP.

However, MM was NOT as good as OoT. Was it good? Yeah it was good. Not great IMO.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I just info dumped on Purdi's inbox about when I'm free. Let's hope it don't scare him away.
I'm not too scared by it :D

I've worked before and totally understand what you're doing so it's all cool. We'll come up with something to work around our schedules.

also, I'm studying super hardcore right now for some organic chemistry or else I would've replied faster... Kinda sucks but I love the class (bet you've never heard that before) .

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
I'm not too scared by it :D

I've worked before and totally understand what you're doing so it's all cool. We'll come up with something to work around our schedules.

also, I'm studying super hardcore right now for some organic chemistry or else I would've replied faster... Kinda sucks but I love the class (bet you've never heard that before) .
Well, here is a plus. I plan on taking a few classes during the summer. So I may end up quitting the office part of my job and just be the night/safety attendant. With that I'll keep my free rent, but have no weekends. So basically, I'll be on call from 6pm to 8am. Then I'm free from 8am to 6pm during the week to take classes and study.

Gotta push those student loans as far away as I can.

Also, Smashfest my place this sunday. I believe the UofA guys might be coming. So, Little Rock you need to come as well.
D: Gotta clean my room, It's exactly the way you guys left it when you came for the pathways tourney. :'( Good times.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Well, here is a plus. I plan on taking a few classes during the summer. So I may end up quitting the office part of my job and just be the night/safety attendant. With that I'll keep my free rent, but have no weekends. So basically, I'll be on call from 6pm to 8am. Then I'm free from 8am to 6pm during the week to take classes and study.

Gotta push those student loans as far away as I can.

Also, Smashfest my place this sunday. I believe the UofA guys might be coming. So, Little Rock you need to come as well.
D: Gotta clean my room, It's exactly the way you guys left it when you came for the pathways tourney. :'( Good times.
I'll definitely come, a couple of my better (at smash and IRL) friends might come as well. I'll check tomorrow, but I'd guess it's going to be me and two other guys, possibly three or four. If you need an extra set-up, I might be able to bring mine. I don't have my gc though... :/ Just my wii. But that shouldn't be a huge problem.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
I'll definitely come, a couple of my better (at smash and IRL) friends might come as well. I'll check tomorrow, but I'd guess it's going to be me and two other guys, possibly three or four. If you need an extra set-up, I might be able to bring mine. I don't have my gc though... :/ Just my wii. But that shouldn't be a huge problem.
I have one full setup and one extra crt tv. So if you bring your wee wee'l have two setups.

I don't suppose you or any of your subordinates play magic the gathering as well?

Top Bottom