• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
GTO was pretty hilarious.

However everyone, I'm sorry but Seif and I cannot wait on the perfect storm to brew to watch shows ya'll have already seen. I mean, I will be honest...I can't NOT watch Ouran except when VTS is present because when he leaves at like 10pm, I'll just be getting warmed up. Me and Seif tend to run late into the night.

Vts

Smash Champion
GTO was pretty hilarious.

However everyone, I'm sorry but Seif and I cannot wait on the perfect storm to brew to watch shows ya'll have already seen. I mean, I will be honest...I can't NOT watch Ouran except when VTS is present because when he leaves at like 10pm, I'll just be getting warmed up. Me and Seif tend to run late into the night.
well i can stay until like 1-2 am most days now that my classes are from 10-noon, but monday night and wednesday night are a no go due to those are my long lab days/work

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
best square games: chrono trigger, xenogears, ff tactics

great: super mario rpg, live a live

good: parasite eve, ff7-9

god awful: ff tactics advance

havent played the rest, i heard ff11 in its prime was the hardest/ best mmorpg ever made
How do you guys rank Square?

And has anyone played Live a Live? It looks good.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
How do you guys rank Square?

And has anyone played Live a Live? It looks good.
Well he didn't put alot of my all time favorites on there, but he has good taste in Chrono Trigger, FF Tactics, and Super Mario RPG.

My list would go something like this--

A Tier- Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6

B Tier- Final Fantasy 1, Final Fantasy 3(NES), Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 10

C Tier- Super Mario RPG, Dragonquest 8(Square-Enix) Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy Tactics advance was good to me. But that's me.

I have never played Live a Live, but after seeing that it was in 1994 in perhaps maybe the BEST times that Squaresoft and RPGs in general roamed the world, I am extremely excited about playing the unofficial english rom. I didn't know it existed.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
ff11 was beast
lol dat combat system.

But seriously, ff tactics advance was awesome. Some nostalgia speaking but I believe my teenage self would have recognized a god awful game. Chrono Trigger Number 1 on my list. Have never played live a live.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
S - Tier
Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFVII

A - Tier
FFX, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Xenogears

B - Tier
FFXII, KH, KH2, KHBBS, KHCOM, Chrono Cross

C - Tier
FFVIIBC, Brave Fencer Musashi

D - Tier
FXIII, Dirge of Cerberus, KH355/2

Haven't Played it or Don't Care - Tier
Everything else

G. Vice

Smash Lord
S - Tier
Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFVII

A - Tier
FFX, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Xenogears

B - Tier
FFXII, KH, KH2, KHBBS, KHCOM, Chrono Cross

C - Tier
FFVIIBC, Brave Fencer Musashi

D - Tier
FXIII, Dirge of Cerberus, KH355/2

Haven't Played it or Don't Care - Tier
Everything else
No FF8 and FF9? You lose major respect in my book. I wish I had played Xenogears back in the day, I bet it would have been awesome. Never played Brave Fencer Musashi, wish I would have. Also, wish I would have played Saga Frontier games back in the day, but I had a SNES when the PS1 games were first out.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I'm gonna say this is adam.
The Talkative Kid

This person normally picks the carry that they love the most after spamming that they only play X while in queue. He then then proceeds to talk unnecessarily all game by calling mia, saying gj after every kill, and showing his cockiness in all chat after every play. Might be a bit annoying, but is a good addition to every team.

-- The Master Baiter: Tries to catch or bait the enemy at every opportunity. Usually plays a troll champion with escapes or high survivability to maximize his baiting ability.

--The Mind Gamer: Announces both real and fake plays in all chat. This is the bro who gives a 5 second warning to overextended carries before he ganks them, and announces that he sees the enemy jungler every time he tries to gank.

This is probably me.

The Self-Congratulator

This guy thinks he is the ****. Win a teamfight? This guy is such a pro. Not doing so hot? Get carried harder by my ults, bro. He fails to see the big picture and instead only tunnel visions into his enemy.

-- God’s Gift to Gaming: Plays a burst carry. If he's 6-6-0, he's obviously doing really well, and will continue playing recklessly until he successfully throws your game. The specimen is only found in unranked and low bronze play.

-- The "Smurf" - Pretends to be a high gold/platinum player in hopes that the rest of his team will bow down to his might. Most commonly found in newbie island ranked and between levels 10-20.

not sure where to put you at arby. Probably a mixture of silent and noob.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
NOPE I already have everyone picked out.

The March Hare - The Talkative Kid - The Mindgamer
VEETS - Self Congratulator - God's Gift to Gaming
Arby - The Leader - The Tactical Computer
Memk - The 12 year Old - The Diver
Yoshiman - TheLOLPro - Strategy Faillord

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
NOPE I already have everyone picked out.

The March Hare - The Talkative Kid - The Mindgamer
VEETS - Self Congratulator - God's Gift to Gaming
Arby - The Leader - The Tactical Computer
Memk - The 12 year Old - The Diver
Yoshiman - TheLOLPro - Strategy Faillord
I don't approve of my title I request a change

Vts

Smash Champion
On a serious note now

FC in 4 weeks, rooms and cars.

Car 1/room 1
1.me
2. ace
3. saberguy
4. g.vice /wobbles (if g.vice doesn't go wobbles wants other bed if not he want floor).

yoshicar/other loser room
1.yoshicar
2. nana
3. popo
4. arby

rooms we need to get done, $70 per person for whole trip (4 days) and about $20-$30 for gas in my car. I'll be getting my room Thursday and calling people making sure our room is good and we all got off.

MT_

Smash Ace
Just wanted to drop off a friendly reminder of a tournament we're holding in Austin, TX next Saturday, July 21st. Arkansas and Texas have never played, but maybe this tournament can change this. We would be able to house anyone that comes from OOS, so please consider coming! And let us know in the thread if you do!

Tchaikovsky's Iced Tea Sonata: featuring Broly and Mojo!

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
On a serious note now

FC in 4 weeks, rooms and cars.

Car 1/room 1
1.me
2. ace
3. saberguy
4. g.vice /wobbles (if g.vice doesn't go wobbles wants other bed if not he want floor).

yoshicar/other loser room
1.yoshicar
2. nana
3. popo
4. arby

rooms we need to get done, $70 per person for whole trip (4 days) and about $20-$30 for gas in my car. I'll be getting my room Thursday and calling people making sure our room is good and we all got off.
We're NOT NANA AND POPO
We are the two most evilest twins in history: Yanbo and Mabo

Vts

Smash Champion
umm maybe but huge doubtful since my work is doing revamp and i'm going for new spot might not be able to until after FC :(.

what are the dates and i'll put in to see but would need a place to crash

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Would yall attend a shreveport tournament?
I would. Shreveport is 45 minutes from my mom and dad's back in Bradley. Wow, I can't believe that there is a scene so close to somewhere I called home for so long.

Edit*

There's just something about maxing out weapons and armor and stats in the end game of an RPG that makes my life feel complete. How lame.

Currently sitting on 103 hours. Xenoblade Chronicles, one the best purchases I can remember <3

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I wasn't showing opposition to driving. Flying to IN is definitely not worth the cost of the ticket. Was just saying since we are so close to the great lakes we should visit. :smirk:
I kinda thought we should fly, cause a trip by car that long will be painfulllllll.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
On a different note guys, ya'll should be happy for me.

I received a call this morning from the VA, where I have been trying to get a job for the longest, and they offered me two positions. I accepted the one in the SICU, and will be going in next week for a background check and drug test/blood work. So I'm finally going to be starting to make some money. After a year or so, I'm going to be looking into buying a house as well.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Congrats G.vice

Important

Yoshi's car needs to make a budget for hotels, food, and such. I assume everyone will be able to pay for their own food. We will probably just split the hotel and gas bills.

Would you guys want to split it during the trip or would you want me to pay for it first and then you guys pay me at the end?

What do you guys think of this?
http://neonalley.com/

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Damn Vice. Starting playing lol so we can keep in touch
And have an awesome gamer as a teammate

Sound great Yoshi
Reserve rooms somewhere with wifi we each bring
our portion of the hotel cost in cash and give it to you.

You pay hotel with debit card or what not
Take turns buying gas every time it hits quarter tank

I will personally buy any dinner at any restaurant for anybody
in either veets or Will's car who makes top ten
Except wobbles Cause that might actually happen

Vts

Smash Champion
Well just got my room payed for 4 nights $70 a night.

11th-15th so anyone riding in my car it's $70 for rooms and figuring about $30 around trip for gas.

so $100 for a national not a bad deal plus beds and keys for everyone :).

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
So the tourney is from the 12th to the 14th. I assume we will be driving up there on the 11th. So I will need to book a hotel from the 11th to the 15th. The next biggest question is, how much are you guys willing to pay for the hotels? Do you wanna have your own beds or do you wanna double up? Honestly, I want my own bed, but I might be willing to share.

Arby, I need to know your whole situation in this. Will you be able to pay your own way or is someone sponsoring you?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Oh god this Steam sale...

Mass Effect $10
KotOR $2
Trine 1 and 2 $5

Oh god, save me from myself before this gets out of hand.
I saw this, and thought: "Dang, did I miss Trine 2 going on sale? I've been wanting that game."
Turns out I already bought it. I'm wondering how much I've actually spent during this sale, because apparently I have no memory of any of it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Apparently Ambix played that ganon guy Ren/th. From what I understood Ambix won the majority. I kinda wanna play him, I know he's supposed to be pretty good. I mean, he steals Jack from me every time we have a chance to play somewhere big :/

Top Bottom