• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You know how Bowser can ledgejump (the big annoying one), do an aerial, and land immediately on the Yoshi's platform? Well memk found out Game and Watch can do the same thing on multiple stages, so I wanted to try with Falcon. Turns out he has all kinds of shenanigans depending on the level. On Dreamland/Battlefield/Yoshi's he can ledgejump uair edgecancel off the far side of the platform and do another aerial immediately. FoD has its own tricksies as usual.

I did ledgejump uair edgecancel uair uair fullhop first hit nair onto the next platform dtilt uair on Game and Watch the first time I tried it. So much potential for ****. (The first-hit-nair -> dtilt in particular was awesome. Never thought of that. And omg if I kneed after the last uair.) If you don't get called immediately on the ledgejump, it's an amazing way to mitigate the position. Ledgejump uair bair dash away is pretty safe.

Falcon is good b/c of his fall speed and horizontal drift. Haven't tried anyone else though.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hit jump to do the huge jump off the edge, then hold forward right after. You have time to get out an uair and edgecancel off the platform. Work with that and you can do some neat stuff.

Other aerials don't come out in time. Maybe nair didn't test it.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I call it "memk tactics"

Yoshiman has been declared as the worst smash player in Arkansas.

80/80 or 50/50

I'm 16/80

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
So, I've finally unlocked a marth secret that I could never get until today. When you are chain-grabbing fox, I always thought you have to input which direction you have to grab after you throw him up. What I found was, the pivot can actually be buffered before the throw, making it sooooo easy.

And, if you're interested in yoshi tatics, I've figured out have to l-cancel out of his dair and bair into down smash. I use to think it was impossible, but there's a timing and approach to it.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Graces when? I'm free from work and my bros are finally free from classes. Let's get some stuff done.

Arby, what time are you gonna wake up? I need Chipolte and anime, stat. Ticket's on me.

Veets. We need you for Korra, make yourself abundant.

Get them tankin' dodgin' arten' skills ready, Vice. You're gonna need them.

Also, I'm gonna break down and get Diablo 3. Apparently a Sgt I'm fond of is countin down the days until it's release. Behind a cowboy/southern ol' boy aesthetic their seems to lie a net culture savy gamer. Who knew? I have no choice now but to get the d@mn game.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
What are everyone's plans for pathways? I talked to my boss about getting some time off for it, but he said at most he can give me one full day off. So I was thinking that maybe *cough cough* you guys could come hang out with me before you go to Springfield. I am willing to pay for a few lunches.

Top Bottom