• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You can be the "Real Roxanne"

I'm gonna treat this thread like a medical hotline right now :D Looking into my huge adam's apple as a possible contributer to a strong gag reflex, and I found this: http://www.fauquierent.net/lpr.htm. The symptoms all fit, and the disorder is pretty directly related to an overactive gag reflex. It's also fairly common, so I feel like less of a hypochondriac. What do you guys think?

Of course, all this means is that I can put a name to what's wrong with me. I'm not actually going to do anything about it, like a good American.

crazy people
http://www.swordswallow.com/xrays.php

Vts

Smash Champion
Well you got me to stay away from visiting now sorry you have a minor case of a cold. Drink tons of water like no other, if you getting hot put a cold rag on your forehead go to the store and buy DayQuil or nightquil it should take care of thr problem in 3 days if u take it 2-3 times a day .

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Well you got me to stay away from visiting now sorry you have a minor case of a cold. Drink tons of water like no other, if you getting hot put a cold rag on your forehead go to the store and buy DayQuil or nightquil it should take care of thr problem in 3 days if u take it 2-3 times a day .
I sure hope you are just trollin me.

Anyway, it seems that the coughing has subsided for the most part, but my throat is still sore.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
According the the interwebs, it's only contagious if you come in contact with my saliva. I highly doubt you will, since I disinfected the entire room last night and I always cover my mouth when I cough. Plus, my symptoms are already starting to subside so the likely hood of you catching it is very low.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
According the the interwebs, it's only contagious if you come in contact with my saliva. I highly doubt you will, since I disinfected the entire room last night and I always cover my mouth when I cough. Plus, my symptoms are already starting to subside so the likely hood of you catching it is very low.
Sounds like either a bad cold or a mild flu to be honest. But it very well could be residual strep if you had it earlier. Yeah, that hot feeling is called fever lol. It's fighting off infection but you still should avoid...company :/

VTS you ain't gonna go visit?

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Hey man, I've been working all the while having this and I haven't givin it to anyone yet. Yesterday I felt like ****, but today I feel good except for my throat is sore. No more head aches, ear doesn't hurt anymore, I cough once about ever 2 hours. I've got no fever.

Ether my body won the battle or i'm dying.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Sadly though, people can be contagious before and after the symptoms.

I'm not saying they shouldn't come by, it definitely is a better sign that you are feeling better, but if they come you gotta not cough out in the open. Also, guys if you go visit, drink some orange juice or something with Vitamin C to boost that immune system a smidge.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
You can be the "Real Roxanne"

I'm gonna treat this thread like a medical hotline right now :D Looking into my huge adam's apple as a possible contributer to a strong gag reflex, and I found this: http://www.fauquierent.net/lpr.htm. The symptoms all fit, and the disorder is pretty directly related to an overactive gag reflex. It's also fairly common, so I feel like less of a hypochondriac. What do you guys think?

Of course, all this means is that I can put a name to what's wrong with me. I'm not actually going to do anything about it, like a good American.

crazy people
http://www.swordswallow.com/xrays.php
Possibly. You would need a MII test since I assume you have non-acidic LPR. Because stomach acid coming into your mouth and nose is very obvious. You would have noticed a long time ago that you had reflux.

Anyway, you can't confirm a diagnosis with simply a list of symptoms. Go to a doctor. Find out if the internet told you correctly.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Possibly. You would need a MII test since I assume you have non-acidic LPR. Because stomach acid coming into your mouth and nose is very obvious. You would have noticed a long time ago that you had reflux.

Anyway, you can't confirm a diagnosis with simply a list of symptoms. Go to a doctor. Find out if the internet told you correctly.
The only thing the internet can diagnose you with is "hypochondria." A real doctor will be able to confirm the diagnosis, although you can have a good idea based off reliable medical websites.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
No updates on the tourney?

Yoshiman, you're so useless. Props to VTS and Arby for DESTROYING everyone who stood in their way. Do you guys know how happy it makes me feel that you guys went to a tourney and won right after I beat you both before you left?

:)

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!

Yoshiman, you're so useless. Props to VTS and Arby for DESTROYING everyone who stood in their way. Do you guys know how happy it makes me feel that you guys went to a tourney and won right after I beat you both before you left?

lol, some guys were trying to tell me that you are pro and the best in Arkansas. I couldn't help but laugh out load and say that you get destroyed by everyone in Arkansas and that we aren't good enough to be called pros. They got really sad.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
lol, some guys were trying to tell me that you are pro and the best in Arkansas. I couldn't help but laugh out load and say that you get destroyed by everyone in Arkansas and that we aren't good enough to be called pros. They got really sad.
Although we aren't really "high level" pros I like to think that some of us could be called semi-pro.

I also hate that you'd speak so badly of me :/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

second set w/ vts was 3-2
i beat arby 3-1 in our non-tourney serious set

ggs AR <3

G. Vice

Smash Lord
second set w/ vts was 3-2
i beat arby 3-1 in our non-tourney serious set

ggs AR <3
What's that I hear? The sweet sound of salt?

Lol good job dude

also Yoshiman -- I'm glad you caught my sarcasm :D but for real the posts with the 101001020010010101001 in them was useless and I was expecting tourney results.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Vice isn't coming to get him for the tourney, thus he will remain at 350.

Also, Vice has church on sunday and he doubts he'll get to do anything as lengthy as a tournament.
Vts wants to go and split the money like we did this weekend. So I have a ride :)

p.s. I am not a fan of splitting, but I do owe him a goodly sum for supporting my food addiction. Really, I only need this money to... further support my food addiction. Oh, and for possibly going to SMYM 13 in two weeks.

p.p.s. The Facebook page for this tournament is something scary.
"Because despite Brawl being a better game, it isn't really suitable for tournament play. The mechanics are better, but the characters are unbalanced."

"That's not entirely true. You can win a brawl tournament with more characters than you can in Melee"
ewwww

Top Bottom