• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Rankings and Discussion (7/14/08)

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
Arizona's Power Rankings (Top 15)

To further the brawl community in AZ I propose that we start a Brawl Power Ranking. This is only based on Goop's first tournament so it is very tentative. Tucson people please add your opinions and results to any tournaments.

Panelists for these power rankings are:

1. Yamer
2. Goop
3. Ka
4. MaXXXpower
5. 2D
6. Forward

New - (N), Moved down - (v), Moved Up - (^), Old Rank - (-)

1: KA
2: B-Stick
3: Forward
4: maXXXpower
5: dookdigity
6: Light
7: Slick
8: Kyne
9: EoW
10: Abide
11: Demised
12: Justin K.
13: Morty
14: 2D
15: GamerGuitarist7

AzOneTwoStep
Goop's Tournament 1 Results
Random.Tournament

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Whats-up with the panelist ? The ranking is pretty good, but it lacks a little. Its the first, so it will slowly become more accurate as we go on playing. No bad. Good job to those who made it.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't think the rankings should be taken DIRECTLY from tournament results.
As far as I know there has only been one big AZ tournament. That being said there isn't much else I know of to rank players fairly.

weres TAJ how come he is not on or has he stopped playing
He hasn't really play much brawl with people and he didn't attend the tournament.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I am working on possibly hosting another big one in the near future...i havent hosted in a long time and i miss it.

Also as for panelists...in my opinion you will need someone from tempe area, someone from mesa/gilbertish, one from phoenix (aka stb etc), someone from tucson, and then the number one spot as the fifth...just my two cents.

Since this is taken from ONE tourney it is not set yet...people are missing etc....these are tough to keep up with....

In2D

Smash Apprentice
You really should host one chaos, that tourney that goop held was a lot of fun. Do et....

More tournaments are always a plus.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I agree. Phoenix has no representation on that list, even though we're the largest group in AZ. The list would benefit from 1-3 Glendale/Phoenix people. Preferably some of us that have played mostly everybody.

I nominate Ka, Tim, and myself. We're everywhere, man.

Also, I like how you've started the list, Mike. Hopefully with more tournaments, the list will change in a more accurate manner. I also suggest that you change the thread to the specifications that are needed for a power rankings list to remain open. I think it's a stickied thread on the top of the Southwest Forums. I like what you're doing here, and we'd all love to help.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
I like G-mo's suggestion..plus our weeklies generate more discussion than anywhere in AZ about rankings, skill level and inside scoops on who is screwing who.:)

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Phoenix has no representation on that list, even though we're the largest group in AZ. The list would benefit from 1-3 Glendale/Phoenix people. Preferably some of us that have played mostly everybody.

I nominate Ka, Tim, and myself. We're everywhere, man.

Also, I like how you've started the list, Mike. Hopefully with more tournaments, the list will change in a more accurate manner. I also suggest that you change the thread to the specifications that are needed for a power rankings list to remain open. I think it's a stickied thread on the top of the Southwest Forums. I like what you're doing here, and we'd all love to help.
I put you on the list MaXXXpower. :D

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Tim would be a great panelist. He's a good player, a reasonable person, and has gone out of his way to travel to play lots of people.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
I'll fight ya for the tucson spot jy, no holds, fight to the death, sound good for you?

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
I think Tim would be a great panelist. He's a good player, a reasonable person, and has gone out of his way to travel to play lots of people.
I'm sorry, Dan hit his while typing. Let me restate this reply.

" I know Tim would be a great panelist. He's an amazing player, a wonderful person, and goes out of his way to travel to play with the infamous crews STB/TCB. ":)

Thats more like it.:chuckle:

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I know Tim would be a great panelist. He's an amazing player, a wonderful person, goes out of his way to travel to play with the infamous crews STB/TCB, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
any more takers? I'm sorry people, I can't be a panelist....I know it hurts everyone's heart, but I'm the most biased, best looking m****f***a of all time. I'm one the best smashers you'll ever see....hold my drink B****....its a celebration....enjoy yo self. Hahahahahaha.:laugh:

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
How do we find out who better If you lose and still get power rankings?

Brawl Changed Everything. Back in Melee, we fought each other to see who was the best. Now, you don't even have to win.

NICK MOTHER****ING NYTE *****. IT'S ALWAYS NYTETIME.
It's a bracket son. Whoever goes the furthest is usually the better player.

Also, I nominate myself again to be Tucson's Panelist as well because maXXXpower single handedly dismantled Tucson without remorse.

GGs guys.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman

Brawl Changed Everything. Back in Melee, we fought each other to see who was the best. Now, you don't even have to win.

Its always Vat-time when I go to your mom's house.;) I'm yo daddy Nyte. Go to bed!!!!

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet

QUOTE=xyouxarexuglyx2;4281452]This is true.
[/QUOTE]

Well you lost to Peter and I can beat Peter more than half the time I play him. So does that make an infinite cycle of who's better? No johns.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
OH YEA? Where is my mom's house?

Also, I feel that. I wish the tourney wasn't resetted though. I hate Metanytes. So much, that I will train to be a MetaNyte player to fight MetaNytes.

BELIEVE IT NARUTO DESU KAWAII NEKO BOKU DESU DESHOU NARUHODO ZETSUBOU-STA

THIS POWER RANKINGS HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually Jy, It does make a circle. I have an affinity against MetaNytes. It's just me.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
An Announcement!!!!!

Vat- Zero= Soujiro Marth

Vat- Grizzy= ready everyone......................................DON KING KONG!!!

I just picked him up today, and I ****. Its over....

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
not anymore...one thing about Vat- Grizzy that you must know is......that Vat- Grizzy plays with the finesse and tranquility of a train wreck.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
Guys quit spamming the thread :p I'll add tim to the list if he wants to be on it.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I agree with GMO on the whole Glendale representation. I would pick either GMO or Ka since they both roll with the same people for the most part. The majority of people who came to the tournament were either from Glendale, Tucson and Gilbert. There seems to be three large clusters of smashers in those areas and a few smaller clusters elsewhere.

If it were up to me I would put 6 people as the panelists in this order:

2 West Valley (Phoenix, Glendale, and Peoria)
2 East Valley (Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Chandler)
2 Southern AZ (Tucson and Sierra Vista)

If you guys can't narrow it down to 2 per area then do 3 per area, but I wouldn't advise that you make it too big since it will start to get harder to put any kind of conclusive list together.

To be completely fair I don't think we should start to make a real list till at least three large tournaments, counting my tournament that means we need two more. Doing this will help to give a definite placing for at least the top ten.

This discussion however would serve well to keep open as a relevant thread for a future power rankings thread, as long as we are mature and calm about it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I personally don't think the rankings should be taken DIRECTLY from tournament results.
Uh... what else would we take it from :/

Anyway, the whole panelist thing is usually chosen through mods and such and comes down to more of a "back room" thing. This vigilante list is cool and all, but having more 'officials' on the subject would keep my mind at easy more.

Plus, this one sucks, because it doesn't have me on it :bee:

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Uh... what else would we take it from :/

Anyway, the whole panelist thing is usually chosen through mods and such and comes down to more of a "back room" thing. This vigilante list is cool and all, but having more 'officials' on the subject would keep my mind at easy more.

Plus, this one sucks, because it doesn't have me on it :bee:
that sounds more ******** than what tai said.

Top Bottom