• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Kyle I need to know soooon what days you intend to be at Devastation for. The earlier the better

and to be honest, the fewer days we're up there the more likely I'll be able to go. But that's just a footnote...

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
with the fire of love :D.

I was at that Brony Meetup at Gamers Inn yesterday for almost 12 hours, lol. It was a blast. Someone even brought Brawl.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I <3 Tentacruel

So, Curtis, I do like what Craig McCracken does, so I'm willing to gauge the show for myself if you're willing to link me the best episode you can think of

Jane

Smash Hero
i could never watch the show simply because of the fact that a lot of "bronies" on smashboards annoy the fuck out of me.

essentially, i hate bronies. i CAN look past one little (little?) aspect of someones life and be friends with them of course, but most of them on this website piss me off. lol

BUT ANGELA AND CURTIS ARE AWESOME SO THEIR BRONIEISM IS IGNORED <3

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Yoshiken, Angela, K9, Yummy, GV7, Bryce, Alex, Stevo, KiraFlax, and myself will be playing at Gamers' Inn starting at 2:30 today if anyone wants to join us. :D

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'm not going to try it out because I'm submitting somehow, I just like good cartoons, and there may be some miniscule, far-off chance that I'll find a reason to not knock it so hard lol.
I remember letting fans of Death Note repel me from it for a long time, then I finally checked it out and I loved it.

the context is just... a little gayer this time around...

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i could never watch the show simply because of the fact that a lot of "bronies" on smashboards annoy the fuck out of me.

essentially, i hate bronies. i CAN look past one little (little?) aspect of someones life and be friends with them of course, but most of them on this website piss me off. lol

what about me and taj

kinda

Jane

Smash Hero
what about me and taj

kinda
My nikkas, you know i love yall, with or without ponies. Lol

To elaborate further, i wouldnt look down on anyone simply becaise they like mlp, or any show. But at the same time, i see a pony avatar and im like "...sigh..."

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I'm the one who determines who runs brackets. Have you sent an e-mail in? I don't recall seeing anything specifically asking to run Brawl brackets. Also, if you're playing in Brawl, you can't run Brawl.
Yeah, I got an email from Bryan. I just have to come in for bracket training.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
I was at that Brony Meetup at Gamers Inn yesterday for almost 12 hours, lol. It was a blast. Someone even brought Brawl.
Seriously, those Mafia games were amazing. I can't wait for the next meetup!

So, Curtis, I do like what Craig McCracken does, so I'm willing to gauge the show for myself if you're willing to link me the best episode you can think of
Not my favorites, but they've been dubbed as good "starter" episodes by most.
Dragonshy
Bridle Gossip
Sonic Rainboom

These are my favorite episodes, but I think these ones are far more entertaining when you've already gotten to know the characters.
Party of One - Definitely better when you already know the characters (specifically Pinkie Pie)
Best Night Ever - A warning if you aren't a fan of singing in cartoons
Return of Harmony (Part 1) - John De Lancie does a fantastic job voicing for Discord, omg
Return of Harmony (Part 2) - (See above aaaaa)

<3!

I can see where folks come from when they say they don't like certain members of the fandom. I've been on deviantART for years, so I've always been prejudiced against the Narutards that run rampant on that site. But I've come to find it isn't a bad show/manga by any means, and I know some of you guys like it. Same went for the Kingdom Hearts fantards, ugh. Every fandom has its bad eggs, some more than others. :p

At first, I was turned away by some of the bronies, too, but I just loved the art style so much that I had to check it out. Lauren Faust is a genius. <3

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
She is a co-creator with her husband in regards to the Powerpuff Girls.

Season 2 episode 1-2 is by far the best episodes, but its hard to understand all the characters if you haven't seen any previous stuff.

I guess we all have different opinions on the personalities of people, which is cool. Actually, it really wasn't the show that pushed me over the edge to be a brony, it was the community. I have made some friends in the brony community that are just plain awesome and fun to be around. I can understand that there are some super annoying people as well, and I agree.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Dang K9 had a tight Idea. Separating the unity cities ubove tucson into a west side and a east side for crew battles! 4 on 4 or what ever. I know west side has Rave, GV7, Duffy, Jard, Stevo and Me. While east has K9, Chris, Bryce, Yoshiken, angela. (forgive me, i have forgotten some people lol) 4on4 crew battles for money and pride because he also had the idea of putting the top crew in with PR every season. How does that sound guys. He also said tuscon should divide itself also. Also he suggested Tucson vs. Unity cities every APRD.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Angela made it to the pro bracket as well, and got 9th, but in her defense, she was seeded REALLY badly (they were actually very disorganized in their seeding).!
This is an extremely late response, but I do have to correct you. Seeding was not done poorly, we just don't use pool seeds to determine bracket seeds for our smaller locals. Asking in the future may be a better idea instead of blind bashing, friend.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Govikings, you're a ROB? You should come visit the social more. :)

To be on topic, I'll just say that I do like the pony community for what it is but I am not one of the herd.

/endlurkpost

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Govikings, you're a ROB? You should come visit the social more. :)

To be on topic, I'll just say that I do like the pony community for what it is but I am not one of the herd.

/endlurkpost
Of course! The best character in the game! Visit the social? You talking about the pony community? o.O?

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that online registration for DEV will end on Monday. After that you'll have to register at the event. Doing that, you'll wait in two lines (badge pickup and event registration) instead of just one line (badge pickup). You'll also have more freedom in your event schedule.

Yeah, I got an email from Bryan. I just have to come in for bracket training.
I'm Bryan. Who are you? I still don't recall anyone saying they specifically wanted to run the Brawl brackets. I did have a couple e-mails about people playing in Brawl though.

Top Bottom