• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
i hate being busy all the time... (-.-)

well anyways I'm doing a report on the smash community for my final project in social anthropology. it'll give me an excuse to play brawl more XD but yeah just don't be wierded out when I go around asking questions. if there are any suggestions for topics I should cover or anything it would help. the only down side is that I can't interview anyone because I can't put anything on my presentation that could be traced back to identify anyone.

anyone wanna be dubz partners for devastation btw?

@prime: I am SO sorry for breaking your TV, just let me know any way I can make it up to you and I'll do it no problem.
@k9: could you tell prime this^^^ since I dont think he hangs around these forums much plz

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
i hate being busy all the time... (-.-)

well anyways I'm doing a report on the smash community for my final project in social anthropology. it'll give me an excuse to play brawl more XD but yeah just don't be wierded out when I go around asking questions. if there are any suggestions for topics I should cover or anything it would help. the only down side is that I can't interview anyone because I can't put anything on my presentation that could be traced back to identify anyone.

anyone wanna be dubz partners for devastation btw?

@prime: I am SO sorry for breaking your TV, just let me know any way I can make it up to you and I'll do it no problem.
@k9: could you tell prime this^^^ since I dont think he hangs around these forums much plz
ill tell him

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hey Arizona, as some of you may know i'm hosting a regional tournament in Socal on October 22nd for both Melee and Brawl. We're currently taking donations to help out of state players come out, and it would be awesome if AZ made a show at the tournament. Based on whatever we make off of donations (we'll be doing raffles and have other incentives to donate) we'll be able to donate gas money to your carpool!

post in this blog http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=124285 or PM me if you're interested!

Jane

Smash Hero
so by the looks of things, chris, bryce, jard, and sean will be getting a swift kick to the **** soon. loooool

Jar'd

Smash Ace
so by the looks of things, chris, bryce, jard, and sean will be getting a swift kick to the dick soon. loooool
I thought it was already established that since I'm on the black pr I don't care anymore?

If I do go to any other tournaments I'm going to do RNG and find a new character to play lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
the poll doesn't mean **** until the BBR makes an actual decision.
it would be stupid as **** if they didn't ban him after 3/4ths of the voting community said they want a ban.

the question isnt if they'll ban him now, the question is when. they'll probably make it official unity starting after apex.

Jane

Smash Hero
It's simple. It's basically a way to figure out where everybody stands on the issue of Metaknight's legality, without actually discussing him, since discussing him publicly would be against the rules. The poll is put up, the information is gathered, BRC discusses it, public "discussion" is either avoided or diverted, which means the staff stays happy.

Since it's an official BRC poll, you can already imagine what they might use the information for, which means you can assume what the end results will enduce.

I'm personally allowing people to discuss the poll for the same reasons why I allow people to talk about limiting MK-- it doesn't violate the current status quo.

yup. :yeahboi:

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yes. There is never enough Bob Ross.

Edit: So someone needs to find out how serious they are about giving us a timeframe, maybe explain that it is not nearly enough time (even though it's enough time for doing only singles) to run the tourney. We definitely want time for a side event.

We should consider getting on a tighter/stricter schedule so we aren't there as long. It would also aid in the chinese food/dinner situation to be done earlier. Trying to be done somewhere around 9pm is probably best.

It takes days for us to start the side event. I think we should decide on it in the tourney thread and whatever side event is requested more would be the one we do. Sign ups for said event should start at a pre-determined time in the thread. I know there is a posted schedule, but we are the worst at following it.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Happy Trees <3

Yeah I wouldnt mind paying a $3 venue fee if they treated us better. They said they would advertise our tournament info on their boards for upcoming events but never have. They dont reserve tables for us like they do for other events because at times we have to wait for card players to leave the table to be closer together. Also we are by a freaking bathroom that never has toilet paper, paper towels, soup and a damn toilet seat. We have had new people start playing brawl with us because they randomly came in and saw people playing brawl. If it was on their boards it would help melee and brawl communities as well as Gamer's Inn business.

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Happy Trees <3

Yeah I wouldnt mind paying a $3 venue fee if they treated us better. They said they would advertise our tournament info on their boards for upcoming events but never have. They dont reserve tables for us like they do for other events because at times we have to wait for card players to leave the table to be closer together. Also we are by a freaking bathroom that never has toilet paper, paper towels, soup and a damn toilet seat. We have had new people start playing brawl with us because they randomly came in and saw people playing brawl. If it was on their boards it would help melee and brawl communities as well as Gamer's Inn business.
Yes, that is another thing. They really don't treat us well. The bathrooms are gross. They never give us enough space, and who can forget the times they threw us into that tiny little walkway with their crap everywhere for us to clean up and make room.

The $3 venue isn't bad. It just isn't justified.

Can you guys check out the rules for Smash singles and doubles and make sure it's what the community wants? I'm pretty sure it's the same as last year, but I don't know if there have been any significant changes from the community standpoint.

Singles: http://www.devastationevent.com/game-rules/super-smash-bros-brawl/

Doubles: http://www.devastationevent.com/game-rules/super-smash-bros-brawl/

Thanks!
There is actually a uniform rule set that is used nation wide now. Here is the link to the Unity Ruleset.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12492158&postcount=1
Includes Singles and Doubles rules.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
This saturday will not be a $2 round robin at gamers inn. Guess there is a my little pony meeting that day that will supposedly take up the whole game room... So right now we are looking for a place that can host it.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Carpool: Yoshiken, Angela, KiraFlax, K9, Prime(alex)
Bryce may go, depends on if meta will be banned or not. if he wont be banned then chris will prob ask him for a ride.

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
I might be doing brackets at devastation for brawl... Im gonna be the biggest **** TO EVER!

:phone:
I'm the one who determines who runs brackets. Have you sent an e-mail in? I don't recall seeing anything specifically asking to run Brawl brackets. Also, if you're playing in Brawl, you can't run Brawl.

Top Bottom