• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you guys getting the Japanese version first?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Wiis are region specific; unless you have a Wii of Japan, a japanese SSBB won't work. In other words, if you do wish to get a japanese version of SSBB and put it in your American Wii, it won't work out :(

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Wiis region locked? Because I'm definitely not getting a Japanese Wii just to play Smash 2 weeks early.

EDIT: Nevermind, my question was answered^^

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
um...Its just a game (I know, a freaking amazing game to top all others...but) Seriously, if you were planning on wasting money on this game twice, please, why don't you donate the 50 odd dollars to charity, so someone will be able to eat for a few days...

Tobi-

Smash Ace
You're getting a Japanese import just to have an "edge" over everyone else for 2 weeks?
Wow. You act as if you are going to become a legend and make thousands of dollars from a 2 week playing session. And at that probably not even 2 weeks considering college and what not, or a job.

Also folks, you don't need a japanese wii. You can buy a wii mod chip online. It costs around $30 dollars.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Buying another Wii and having to import the game isnt really worht it. Just wait the 2 weeks!(anyway, by the time the game ships over, the 2 weeks will be almost done)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I won't, even if the Wii wasn't region locked, and I live in Europe, which means I have a longer wait than most people here. It's just being impatient.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
You're getting a Japanese import just to have an "edge" over everyone else for 2 weeks?
Yep. Me and John (Fireball_Mario or something on smashboards) are gonna be taping it and everything.

Expect daily Japanese Brawl updates. A 10-minute video of Subspace Emissary and a 10-minute video of Versus mode sparring.

Then again, I can't promise daily. Our high school/college schedules may not "mesh." However, I'll try to put out videos as often as possible.

By the way: I'm slightly above the average noob (I know of all the advanced techniques, but haven't actually practiced them), whereas John usually SHFFLs.

Haddad-07

Smash Cadet
This is soo fun flamin him. two weeks will make him incredible at the game. He'd be like Forward. He's the new gimpy. Unless you've noticed i'm being sarcastic your title really suits you.

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
Nah. Once the japanese version is released I'll just soak up as much info as possible and that should hold me over til the NA release. What really kills me and makes it harder to wait for the game is all the suspense, and the unknown. Once I figure out all the secrets, that should be satisfying enough for me to wait til Feb. 10th.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
This is soo fun flamin him. two weeks will make him incredible at the game. He'd be like Forward. He's the new gimpy. Unless you've noticed i'm being sarcastic your title really suits you.
I know my title suits me. I did already say so myself earlier.

You laugh now, but you'll be first in line to watch my videos come January, so go on ahead and keep laughing.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, we have to wait two extra weeks until we get the game. Its torture, I can't stand it. I cannot express how much I am jealous of you right now.

[/sarcasm]

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher

You laugh now, but you'll be first in line to watch my videos come January, so go on ahead and keep laughing.
You really think people are waiting for your video's when tons of other people, including much more Japanese people too, are gonna post similar, or maybe even better video's?

..meh, good luck. =/

Haddad-07

Smash Cadet

Yeah all of the updates will be released by the time the japanese version is out. You say you know the Advanced Techiques but you don't pratise them. This is lies. Why wouldn't you use them? I'm not syaing nobody will watch your garbage vids. But I won't be one of them.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Yep. Me and John (Fireball_Mario or something on smashboards) are gonna be taping it and everything.

Expect daily Japanese Brawl updates. A 10-minute video of Subspace Emissary and a 10-minute video of Versus mode sparring.

Then again, I can't promise daily. Our high school/college schedules may not "mesh." However, I'll try to put out videos as often as possible.

By the way: I'm slightly above the average noob (I know of all the advanced techniques, but haven't actually practiced them), whereas John usually SHFFLs.
Then you aren't above the average noob...*sigh*

Yeah, also from your other post no one wants to watch some lame videos from some loser who's paying double the amount to play the game, especially since you suck.

And honestly man, think about it you're trying to get a what 20 day edge (I don't know the actual release dates), it's not going to matter. Once the internet has the good techniques for brawl out you're going to be able to learn quite faster than you will by yourself, if anything you're hindering your progress because you can't follow the rest of the community.

Anyway, suit yourself, personally I don't care.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah all of the updates will be released by the time the japanese version is out. You say you know the Advanced Techiques but you don't pratise them. This is lies. Why wouldn't you use them? I'm not syaing nobody will watch your garbage vids. But I won't be one of them.
Garbage? And you haven't even seen them yet? Wow.

I really like how this thread turned out.

"Hey, I'm getting Brawl in Japanese when it comes out. Anyone else?"

Instead of "lol no" I get "lol no stfu you're garbage gtfo nub." ****.

Rash

Smash Ace
It's nice that you'll be making videos and all so that people who are interested can get a look at the game before the American and European releases. However, in my personal case, there will probably be plenty of info on the internet about the game to hold me over until the game comes out. Before E4A, I had nothing but a desire to see some solid gameplay footage, but the combination of the Snake, Sonic, and E4A videos satisfied me completely. Now I just want info about stages, characters, etc., and that's stuff that I don't need to watch, when I can read about it.

Besides, why would anyone want to watch a video of the Subspace Emissary? If anything, that's the most important part of the game not to have spoiled before actually playing it.

And to reiterate, I will not import this game. To me, there's just no point. Two weeks makes almost no difference as far as actually playing the game goes. If anything, being so eager to get the game earlier like that seems to reflect nothing more than a desire for bragging rights.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
i could really care less when i get the game, i also don't give a flying **** how good i am a ssbb, its just a video game. Do yourself a favor thread creator and wait a whole two weeks and save some money.I really don't understand "competitive players" its a videogame. What are you proving when your the best at a videogame. That you would rather spend millions of hours playing something that you diddn't even help create rather than having a life, and being productive.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
i could really care less when i get the game, i also don't give a flying **** how good i am a ssbb, its just a video game. Do yourself a favor thread creator and wait a whole two weeks and save some money.I really don't understand "competitive players" its a videogame. What are you proving when your the best at a videogame. That you would rather spend millions of hours playing something that you diddn't even help create rather than having a life, and being productive.
I'm a bit surprised at the amount of people who think I only want the Japanese version JUST to get a slight time advantage over most other Americans. That edge is really only a byproduct of me getting the game early. Straight up, I just wanted it early. ASAP.

I can't wait for Brawl, and the option to get the Japanese version is there for me, so I'm going with that. It isn't a matter of cost, because for the moment, I really don't have to worry about it.

Lawsuit settlements, lol. Also, there are far more ways to waste even more money. I could be paying thousands of dollars for fake dog testicles, but I'm not.

Gerard101

Smash Rookie
It would be pointless getting it, especially if it didnt work on your wii like.

wow A WHOLE 2 WEEKS TO GET AHEAD.....
lol

dont bother.

Gerard101

Smash Rookie
ye he should, Its only 2 weeks b4 it comes out in his region he should just wait I agree *hi five*

gamer8

Smash Lord
No way I'm not getting the Japanese version... why? It's a waste of money and you won't even be able to know what you're doing.

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Nahh its not that serious. Besides I wouldnt even understand the game in Japanesse. Buying Smash early would be like buying Jump Superstars. A kickass game but the culture barrier prevents it from trully shinning.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
Aren't we being just a little *holds up fingers* aggressive towards the thread maker here?

I mean, all he said was "I'm getting the game two weeks early by spending a few bucks out of my own wallet so I can play the game a little earlier because I've had it up to here with delays. I'll also put up a video or two." That's really not offensive, or deserving of mass flaming. So he wants to play the game early. Great. That's his choice. Okay, so he's probobly mistaken about recieving any skill related benifits from getting the game early(no offence). So? We don't have to flame him! I mean come on people. Did he say "Imsuch a 1337h4xor and imgetting disgam erlly so i pwnu nwbsorz"?

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the others don't get it to just be all yeah yeah im the best im playing it b4 nyone else hax11whatever that internet talk is. But just like the noob thread starter. I sadly will also be getting early. sure its a 2 week difference. But understand..I dont even have a wii. And if it wasn't for Brawl. I would never get a wii. I think its a crap system frankly. But not to disrespect all you Wii owners. So after my b-day I will order a japanese wii, and Brawl as a late christmas present to myself. Then as a collector's item I will get the USA version when it comes out, and never open it while I backdoor and play the us version at my homeboys house.

I really think I'm gonna dig this sequel. I never checked into any other game for useless updates like a sad gremlin as much for a game besides DMC4, MGS4, and a few other fighters. Anyhow, to end the rant. All of Y'all should do what y'all think is best. I'm getting it hopefully the thread starter will play me, and I'll record for the flamers lol.

edit: I really want to play the beat'em up mode. Double Dragon style smash will be fun as h***. Especially online with somebody.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised how many people flamed him for just wanting to get better at the game. Most of you guys are a bunch of losers, imo. He may just be an other average player, but at least hes trying to be initiative unlike some scrubs who don't have anything better to do flame people on forums. Which do you think wins games: practicing the game or trolling the forums? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised how many people flamed him for just wanting to get better at the game. Most of you guys are a bunch of losers, imo. He may just be an other average player, but at least hes trying to be initiative unlike some scrubs who don't have anything better to do flame people on forums. Which do you think wins games: practicing the game or trolling the forums? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
:cool: I also agree. Then again I always been bias. I'm fixin to go get a burger. Bored.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think people flamed him because he bragged about having a 2week edge, which won't make a different 2weeks after the US release.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah I'm getting the import.

Wiikey, go!

If you can play online with the JP version against people with the NA version, then there's really no need to get the game twice.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'll try to dl the japanese. ISO and burn it and then play, and if the european version is freaking gonna come out someday, then I'll buy that.

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, we have to wait two extra weeks until we get the game. Its torture, I can't stand it. I cannot express how much I am jealous of you right now.

[/sarcasm]
I don't think I could imagine you not being sarcastic.0_o

Top Bottom