• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you dissapointed Dark Pit was a clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
The most important thing to note is that he used all sorts of weapons, much like Pit. In this, he could have been decloned quite a bit.

He starts off using the First Blade while fighting Pit in the air battle. That could be a good choice for his aerials, actually: shooting shots that do weak damage but can hit disjointedly, while having a sweetspot within melee range while in the air.

The Violet Palm is one of the 4 encounter weapons he uses, and could make for a fairly solid guide for his grab, pummeling people with fire and using fire based throws, launching people and throwing fireballs as he launches them, kinda like Mewtwo.

The EZ Cannon is another of the 4 encounter weapons used, and I think it could make a good Neutral B. Hold it down to make the shot have a longer range, or spam bouncing bouncy blasts. There are other cannons in KIU that could be used for variants, such as a more direct shot, and a slower but more powerful shot.

The Ogre Club is an additional encounter weapon he fought with, and I'd peg it as his down B. Potentially like Ike's Eruption, though I see some use in it being a very slow, large projectile that lingers, good for approaches. Plenty of room for variants here, such as one that stuns, and maybe another that passes through multiple enemies before disapating.

Lastly, the Dark Pit Staff, which we are all familiar with, being his current Final Smash, could have made a good forward B. Customizable variants, such as one that doesn't pierce multiple targets but does more damage, and another with shorter range but maybe rapid shots or something.

His Up B should be based on the Power of Flight as well as Pit, but with the Brawl based version to help differ him from Pit. Probably give him more control over it, with options for not being helpless afterward, and maybe more distance but less control over the movement for variants. Be it based on a canon in which he still has Pandora's power, or the new idea of him being supported by Viridi, it could still be a proper move for him.

Unfortunately, I feel like it wouldn't do him justice if he didn't do the majority of his other fighting with the Silver Bow. A decent moveset could be made that wouldn't have to be exactly the same as Pit's moveset. For example:
Forward Smash: stabing with the end of the Bow itself, piercing straight forward, potentially being able to be angled up or down.
Down Smash: stand on one hand to charge it, then do a short hop while spinning with the Bow, hitting both sides simultaneously.
Up Smash: Using the Bow as a pole to kick directly upwards.
Jab: Pit's current does more of a horizontal spin as part of it's combo. Maybe Dark Pit could get a vertical version, like the weird Side B special move Pit had in Brawl.

As for his Final Smash, it would depend on which canon we want to go with. The Viridi Canon allows room for Dark Pit to use the Special Attack, in which he flies in front of the camera and starts directing the arrow rains used to clear multiple enemies in Air Battle, which he used as his limit break during the Boss Battle in Chapter 6. Though, I like the idea of Pandora's Wrath reasserting herself and causing calamity on the stage for a bit, before going back into his wings.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm gonna take some of the ideas posed and use my own twist on this. The goal being to basically :4luigi:him. A very distant clone that still shares the similarities. Effectively turns him into more of a zoning based fighter.

Jab Combo: Unchanged
Dash: Does a cross slash with Pandora Claws
Get Up & Ledge Attack kept the same.

F-tilt: Slice with the Dark Gaol Blade.
U-Tilt: Unchanged.
D-Tilt: Croutched slice with Dark Gaol Blade.

F-Smash: Golf swing with the Ogre Club, with horrendous endlag.
U-Smash: Close-ranged overhead Dark Pit charged shot (essentially :4marth:'s stab)
D-Smash: :4miigun:'s with the EZ-Cannon.

Aerials unchanged.

Grab, Pummels, and Throws modified to use of Violet Palm. Pummel is the same.

F-Throw::4mewtwo:'s with the target thrown and then blasted off by a Dark Pit Staff blast.
D-Throw: :4charizard:/:4ness:'s with rapid blasts from Violet Palm instead of a flame.
U-Throw and B-Throw are kept the same.

B: Silver Bow, with a heavier emphasis on the slower but stronger charge and virtually no curving. Customs make it Pit's version and a quicker version with piercing.
Side B: Dark Pit Staff, functions like Din's Fire but with an Aura-Reticle to track it.
Up B: "Striking Flight" custom by default. One for no damage but better recovery and one to have an electric effect.
Down B: EZ-Cannon, fires an explosive shot in an arc with strength dependent on charge. Akin to :4miigun:'s 3rd Neutral B.

disfrozen

Smash Rookie
I was hit by a wave of inspiration a while ago.
Want a different moveset? Fine. We're using PM Pit's moveset as the base instead of Sm4sh Pit. We're still keeping the Silver Bow for his attacks, though.

Jab: Eh. Same as now, it's fine as it is. Both the infinite and launcher versions. No changes.
Ftilt
: Was thinking about reverting it, but actual Ftilt is better. No changes for now.
Utilt
: Leans back in one hand to kick upwards. Remember Lucas's Utilt? Good for launching.
Dtilt: Quick downwards stab. Set knockback, good combo starter. Basically, his actual Dtilt with slight angle changes... and a tipper spike.
Fsmash: Ah, ah. His actual Fsmash is pretty good, tbh. Keeping it. No changes.
Usmash
: Spins the bow upwards, like a grounded Uair. Long attack, it's kinda similar to Spark Shock (Megaman's Usmash). Animation is similar to Zero's Triple Rod charged attack. Last hit launches.
Dsmash: Keeping this one too. It's pretty good, all things considered. No changes.
Dash attack
: People asked for it, people got it. Flying kick, Fox style. Yes, the Guardian Killer, the Gut Buster, that kick.
Nair: Nair is fine as it is. Even if I don't like the landing lag it has, it's a fair move. No changes.
Fair
: No. I like this Fair. No changes.
Bair
: This wasn't even changed from Brawl to Sm4sh. No changes.
Uair
: Ah! Perfect. Spins bow over his head, animation is much shorter, a single hit that launches sideways. PM Uair.
Dair: I like his Dair as it is. It's useful. Maybe making the sourspot knockback a bit more lateral? No changes for now.
Pummel
: Still the same. Move along. No changes.
Fthrow
: Throws (duh) opponent forwards, then shoots them midair with a Dark Pit Staff charge shot. This can kill, slightly earlier than the actual Fthrow, but only the first character hit receives the full damage/knockback. And it loses damage when it pierces.
Bthrow: Still the same. No changes.
Uthrow
: Hm... Not sure what to do with this one. No changes for now.
Dthrow
: This Dthrow is good already. No changes.

Now the controversial part.
Nspec: Dark Pit Staff. Yes, DP Staff. Charges in a R.O.B esque manner, but the charge shot is a single, piercing shot in a straight line that loses power as it pierces, and can be angled upwards and downwards. Fairly powerful, can KO relatively early.
Rapid fire is three shots in a row, can also be angled. This does mean that you fire in a "wall" so to speak (a high shot, mid shot, then low shot). These have low damage and knockback. Useful for gimping, tho, because of the fairly long range.
Sspec: Power of Flight. Hah. Here's the main diverting point. This alone, changes everything. Yes, it's the glide. Yes, you can use any aerial out of it. No, you can't use it more than once without touching the ground. No, you can't change direction. Also, it's way shorter, and you cannot extend it by waving up and down. You can't angle it much, actually, like Sora's Flowmotion in SSF2, but actually good.
You basically jump forwards and start gliding, being able to cancel the glide at any point, with any move. But, if you press the button again, you'll cancel the glide. Dark Pit's wings glow either green or purple while this is active. Preferrably purple.
Uspec: Electroshock Arm. Jumps high armfirst, with an uppercut. Not a high recovery, you do have a glide and four jumps. Is pretty strong as a KOing move, but has low horizontal range or movement. You don't go into special fall if you manage to hit something.
Dspec: Violet Palm. Can anyone say "cape"? Dark Pit sweeps his hand forwards, reflecting any projectiles with increased power, and hitting any enemies close enough. The hit turns fighters around, and has no hitstun or damage.

Customs... eh. DP Staff would have a quickcharge, low damage, and a paralyizing rapid fire with very slow charge. Power of Flight would have Striking Flight with no actions (basically Dragon Rush), and a short version with high vertical angling. Electroshock would have high jump and low/no damage, and even shorter jump with extremely high knockback. Violet Palm has the amplifying but shorter version and the version that actually shoots a projectile with very high priority, essentially nulllifying everything, but has long endlag.

Tell me if I missed anything. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
He didn't get poster or a trailer.. but are you so sure about the trailer part? Think about it, why waste money on two seprate trailers for people in the same franchise? Of course, no one would. So Palutena's and Dark Pit's trailer was made into one as you can see and same with Lucina and Robin's. Who cares if he has no poster? Link has no 'main' poster either for Super Smash bros and no one is going around saying he's less great for that.
Because Link isn't a newcomer. Actually, he's never been a newcomer.

It doesn't matter much to me that DP doesn't have a trailer though I would've liked to see his entrance poster just because they're interesting in general, but I don't think he needed one.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Lucina got a trailer cause she deserved it, Doc is a returning veteran, and Dark Pit is stupid so he doesn't deserve a trailer and poster anyways. Simple.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Lucina got a trailer cause she deserved it, Doc is a returning veteran, and Dark Pit is stupid so he doesn't deserve a trailer and poster anyways. Simple.

This thread had no reason to come back. He's in Palutena's trailer just like Lucina is in Robin's trailer. There's absolutely nothing else to discuss.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I say that DP didn't get a trailer because he was already introduced in Palutena's; not because of your asinine reasoning.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Captain Falcon was the sideshow in the Lucina/Robin trailer - and he is the biggest meme that Smash has ever seen. Dark Pit is the same with the Palutena trailer (minus the bit about the meme). That is literally all there is to it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Think what you will about him, but it's kind of rude to jump into a character board and tell everyone who mains him how "stupid" he is. It's also really unncessasiry.

If there is something I can't stand, it's needless hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom