• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you dissapointed Dark Pit was a clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
Personally i wanna main him but still Y U NO MAKE DARK PIT USE THE STAFF SAKURAI! He had potential but he's a clone so what are my thoughts dissapointment -_-

Last edited:

Spirst

Out of curiosity, WHO would disagree and say, "YES, DARK PIT IS A CLONE. THIS IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WANTED" ?

Just look at the other thread. The biggest complaint about him is that he's the clone of all clones.

Gaminguy010

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaminguy010
Isn't Dark Pit an actual clone of Pit? "He is a flawed, incomplete clone of Pit made by the Mirror of Truth." - Dark Pits Page on Divinipedia. Seems fitting for him to be a clone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was expecting him to be an alt for Pit, so him actually being a separate character comes as a surprise.

And Lucina is still the cloniest of clones, moveset-wise. Dark Pit has a different Final Smash (cloned from Zelda lol) and Dr. Mario has a different down special.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Anyone has a gif/video on Dark Pit's FS?

Also I am pretty disapointed with the clone ****
Really hoped that he wasnt 1:1 clone (but he was in the clone corner oh well)

Lucina might have something different other than no tipper

D

Deleted member

I'm disappointed at this character's existence, more like it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm okay with it. It plays up nicely with his role as Pit's repressed wrath and latent desire for disorder, just as he is in the game. His moves aren't just clones of Pit's moves: they're stronger, more intense. They don't show the same restraint that Pit's do and they're emblematic of his existence as a flawed, rejected mirror image of Pit. Two sides of the same coin and what have you.

I think it's actually pretty clever. Of course, I'm over-analysing this to hell and back, but why shouldn't? After all, Dark Pit represents free will and defying the opinions of others, so I think I'm well within my canonical right to do just that. ;3

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
He was shown in the clone line in the CSS leak. Its pretty stupid to expect he wouldn't be a clone. Im just disappointed he isnt using his staff but that is just because I like the look of it.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Yes its very sad that Darkpit has not a unique moveset / his own playstyle.... I hoped for Darkpit much more.

But I try to befriend with the minds although it is very painful. Unfortunetly its impossible to change it. And I'm going to play him nevertheless. Now... my top 3 mains are:

1. Pit
2. Palutena
3. Darkpit

Last edited:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Eh, woulda been cool if he had claws or actually used that staff or something. He's literally a clone of Pit, even in Uprising, but all the variety in Uprising could've been shown in it's fullest glory here.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm dissapointed someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make him his own character

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm dissapointed someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make him his own character
Not to be impinging on your right to voice your opinions or anything, but isn't it kind of rude to come to a character's forum just to say that?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Not to be impinging on your right to voice your opinions or anything, but isn't it kind of rude to come to a character's forum just to say that?
You're right. I'm sorry.
I'm just being bitter and not showing respect for fans of other characters, that was wrong of me.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Anyone has a gif/video on Dark Pit's FS?

Also I am pretty disapointed with the clone ****
Really hoped that he wasnt 1:1 clone (but he was in the clone corner oh well)

Lucina might have something different other than no tipper
Here

LordDarkrai

Smash Rookie
NNID
LordDarkrai
I'm neutral with him so far. I still give him a try when the game comes out despite what I heard.

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
Yes, I am disappointed that DP doesn't have his own unique moveset.
BUT, I can't say I didn't expect it. By being closer to Pit, he stays true to his origin; a mirrored version of Pit. Those who don't like Pit's current playstyle can switch to DP with less speed and more power.

Khao

Smash Lord
Nah, I just don't like that he got in. Because of Palutena's inclusion, I'd say we don't really need extra Kid Icarus characters yet, but since he is in I think he should be a clone. Even if they had more time to do more fun stuff, he should be a Falco-level clone at most, but simply because of who he is, I don't think he should ever be a fully unique character.

As for the "there's more weapons in Kid Icarus to choose from" argument. Well... The thing is that both Pit and Dark Pit have access to the exact same weapons too, so giving them different ones in here doesn't make much sense from that point of view. It's like what happens with Toon Link, there's definitely enough extra items to make Toon Link unique, but his signature weapons are still the same as Link's, and even plays similarly in his series, so that's what he should have.

So yeah, dislike him being playable, but I don't mind him being a clone, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I'm dissapointed that he even exists. Not he took away the spot of any character I wanted (Ness) but he just dissapoints.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Lucina at least has a somewhat different design though that's more distinguishable than new clothes and darker hair.
Pretty sure actual new properties on attacks and a functionally different projectile beats different clothes and attacks stuck between Marth's two damage zones.

I'm dissapointed that he even exists. Not he took away the spot of any character I wanted (Ness) but he just dissapoints.
How does it make you feel when somebody insults a character you like? Plenty of people wanted Ness to be cut, surely you've met some of them? Really, what do you gain by hating on a character that at most took Alph's spot?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Pretty sure actual new properties on attacks and a functionally different projectile beats different clothes and attacks stuck between Marth's two damage zones.

How does it make you feel when somebody insults a character you like? Plenty of people wanted Ness to be cut, surely you've met some of them? Really, what do you gain by hating on a character that at most took Alph's spot?
Being honest, nothing. But humans are by nature going to nitpick on every single thing they see or hear about.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Being honest, nothing. But humans are by nature going to nitpick on every single thing they see or hear about.
You feel nothing? Humans by nature sympathize with anything they like. And even if you don't feel anything about the insults to the character, what about the other fans? Surely you feel something when they're upset.

Point is, does insulting our character actually help you?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
You feel nothing? Humans by nature sympathize with anything they like. And even if you don't feel anything about the insults to the character, what about the other fans? Surely you feel something when they're upset.

Point is, does insulting our character actually help you?
I meant that I don't gain anything for criticizing Dark Pit. And there are a lot people that tell me Ness sucks, and being honest he does.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Out of curiosity, WHO would disagree and say, "YES, DARK PIT IS A CLONE. THIS IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WANTED" ?

Just look at the other thread. The biggest complaint about him is that he's the clone of all clones.
Meanwhile Lucina fans are just happy she's in...

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
I'm actually pretty happy that Dark Pit is in the game *flinches*. Of course, he would be a clone... because he's dark pit and the kid icarus uprising story and mirrors. im actually gonna trying maining him.

D

Deleted member

Less defending Dark Pit, more defending having something other then an empty spot on the roster.
Literally anyone could have replaced Dark Pit.

Nester from Nester's Funky Bowling would have been better than Dark Pit.

I also like it how you use "something other then an empty spot", like Dark Pit is actually SOMETHING. You literally could have taken a P:M route, like what they did with Mario in P:M and just had a Dark Pit costume and some other minor cosmetic differences.

The fact that Alph exists supports my reasoning more. They could have just done that with Dark Pit, and have him be Pit alternative.

Dark Pit is nothing more than a clone. The only thing that shines about him is his personality differences and differences in relation to its game's canon story. Being a fighter, he has no place in this game what-so-ever, literally just being an exact clone of Pit with a even more redundant Final Smash.

Dark Pit in Super Smash Bros., is a ****ing joke, being a video game character alone in his canon universe is where he shines. But being in this video game though, he doesn't need to be here at all, he's a waste of matter.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Literally anyone could have replaced Dark Pit.

Nester from Nester's Funky Bowling would have been better than Dark Pit.

I also like it how you use "something other then an empty spot", like Dark Pit is actually SOMETHING. You literally could have taken a P:M route, like what they did with Mario in P:M and just had a Dark Pit costume and some other minor cosmetic differences.

The fact that Alph exists supports my reasoning more. They could have just done that with Dark Pit, and have him be Pit alternative.

Dark Pit is nothing more than a clone. The only thing that shines about him is his personality differences and differences in relation to its game's canon story. Being a fighter, he has no place in this game what-so-ever, literally just being an exact clone of Pit with a even more redundant Final Smash.

Dark Pit in Super Smash Bros., is a ****ing joke, being a video game character alone in his canon universe is where he shines. But being in this video game though, he doesn't need to be here at all, he's a waste of matter.
Like you wouldn't be complaining if Alph was playable over Ridley or whoever. You're just here to hate on Dark Pit to hate on him. Good luck justifing your point, ever.

D

Deleted member

Like you wouldn't be complaining if Alph was playable over Ridley or whoever. You're just here to hate on Dark Pit to hate on him. Good luck justifing your point, ever.
Don't put words into my mouth, or more like it, don't type up sentences for me. I'm not here to hate on Dark Pit, I don't hate Dark Pit at all. I'm just saying he doesn't belong here.

Besides, Alph is way more viable than Dark Pit. At least he isn't an almost doppelgänger like Dark Pit, Alph is different from Olimar anyways. Your statement is an oxymoron.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Don't put words into my mouth, or more like it, don't type up sentences for me. I'm not here to hate on Dark Pit, I don't hate Dark Pit at all. I'm just saying he doesn't belong here.

Besides, Alph is way more viable than Dark Pit. At least he isn't an almost doppelgänger like Dark Pit, Alph is different from Olimar anyways. Your statement is an oxymoron.
Lol, anybody can see it. "I'm just saying he doesn't belong here." is a hateful thing to say, even if it might be true, so you just proved me right. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Lol, anybody can see it. "I'm just saying he doesn't belong here." is a hateful thing to say, even if it might be true, so you just proved me right. Thanks.
I'm not using "He doesn't belong here", in a hateful context. You're saying that I'm using that in a hateful context, when I'm saying it wasn't hateful to begin with. Saying that, "He doesn't belong here", can imply many of meanings, the one I meant to imply however, wasn't hateful. I'll clarify with me saying that I used "he doesn't belong here" in a sense that he has no place being in Smash Bros. with Pit already in existence. Dark Pit is a fine character, and to me he has a place in Uprising, not in Smash Bros..

I haven't proven anything that favors you, sadly. This thread is getting really flooded up with our argument, so please private message me if you want to discuss the feelings of fictional characters.

SmashK.O.

Smash Rookie
Since I love Kid Icarus: Uprising, I love Dark Pit's inclusion. However...I was expecting him to be an alt rather than a main character. If he had the Dark Pit Staff, then it'd be a neat way to show variation between Pit and Dark Pit, especially considering how weapons play in Uprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom