• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You a Fan of the Game Your Most Wanted Character Comes From?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
uh... Castlevania i smy favorte franchise... so.. yteah... i like a lot the series from where my most wanted newcomer comes....
I also loved plenty of metroid games... so there is that for ridley!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
lol! Fans can be harsh. Btw one of my friend just played his first Zelda game a few months ago with Breath of the Wild. Now he is more crazy of a fan than i am...
Haven’t played that one yet either

I should say I own the remake of a link to the past but haven’t actually started for some reason same goes for the game boy games

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
My most wanted characters were a tie of Waluigi and Ridley, and the answer for both is yes, but admittedly I became a much bigger fan of Metroid after starting to want and request Ridley, since I really started to like the character

Now for the characters that I want that still haven't been confirmed or deconfirmed, it's Elma, and the answer is also yes

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Midna - Big fan of Twilight Princess
Dark Samus - Big fan of the Metroid Prime Trilogy
:ultridley: - Big fan of the Metroid series
Crash Bandicoot - Mostly nostalgia based but I still really like the original crash trilogy and am enjoying the N Sane Trilogy
Elma - Loved Xenoblade Chronicles X which was arguably my favourtie game on the Wii U, and would love for it to be ported to/get a sequel on the Switch

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Absolutely! King K. Rool is one of the most underrated villains in all of Nintendo. For me he’s right up there with Bowser and Gannondorf. He has great boss battles, themes, and has such great presence and personality. Both the DKC Returns final bosses were forgettable and did nothing for me. Give me a chance to play as one of my favorite villains for the first time ever!

Also yes I love Geno and Mario RPG as a whole.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
My most wanted is Professor Layton, so yes. I love the Layton series, especially the soundtracks and the artstyle.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
In the context of Castlevania itself, I don't really care about Simon Belmont very much because I'm a bigger fan of the metroidvanias, but he would represent the franchise as a whole better then Alucard. Also, there's a pretty good chance of Richter being an alternate costume, since Simon will likely have to steal some moves from him anyway.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
This feels like a big no duh.

I'm a fan of Kirby's Epic Yarn so I want to see Prince Fluff.
I'm a fan of both Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. so I would love to see Ryu Hayabusa.
The Wonderful 101 was my favorite game on the WiiU, so I'd be thrilled to Red and rest of the Wonderful ones.
Do I really need to go on.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
**** yeah! I love me some Castlevania!

Granted, Simon isn't in any of my favorite ones, but still.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
My two most wanted characters for Smash are Crash Bandicoot and Joker from Persona 5.

Crash was my childhood, with the first game in the series being my introduction to video games, and Persona 5 blew me away, and is my GOTY of last year, as well as my favorite RPG of all time.

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
My most requested fighter is Waluigi, and to answer the question - no, not really. The Mario/Wario franchise has always been somewhat interesting, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan per se. I'm just incredibly interested in the goofy character that Waluigi presents, his moveset possibilities also intrigue me. Count in a bunch of other factors, and he's definitely the character I want in Smash the most.

Garbage Cat

Smash Rookie
Yeah, pretty much. The only three characters that I really want as newcomers are Geno, Roll, and Ninten, and I'm quite a fan of the games they all come from. I absolutely adore the Mother series, it's easily one of my favorite JRPGs, and I've come to enjoy Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings quite a lot (the only game Ninten was in) so that's probably why I want him in. I loved Super Mario RPG (I think it was my first RPG) and Geno was my favorite character from the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if I wanted Geno in smash before I even knew about the demand he has in the smash community. And the Mega Man series is my absolute favorite as well, though the one game Roll was playable in (Mega Man: Powered Up) was one of the only classic Mega Man games I've never played.

Alternatively, the characters I've found myself the most hyped for in the last direct were Simon and Dark Samus, even though I'm not too familiar with Metroid at all, and I'm not too much of a fan of classic Castlevania.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm such a huge fan of Metroid, but I never played Metroid Prime. I probably should play it some time.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Been waiting for a new F-Zero rep in Smash since I was checking Dojo every day after school for new character reveals, but I've been waiting for a new F-Zero for 14 years so I don't think it's a bandwagon lol.

Freecs

Smash Cadet
I have never played Chibi-Robo. The reason he is my most wanted character is because I think that objectively, he is as much of a Nintendo icon as Olimar and Pikmin (or at least he was when Brawl came out) . Him not being a character in Smash 4 is equivalent to Olimar not being in Brawl. Nintendo simply has not had that many major new IPs in the last two decades so the fact that they still have not represented all of them with a playable fighter makes absolutely zero sense.

VillainFan42

Smash Cadet
NNID
VillainFan42
3DS FC
4511-1345-7864
This is an odd example. I am a Castlevania fan, so I was really hoping Simon Belmont would be added. Which he was. However, my favorite Castlevania game is Rondo of Blood, where Richter was first introduced. Richter is my favorite Belmont, but I didn’t think he’d even be considered for Smash, figuring I’d just settle for an alt with blue clothes and dark brown hair. However, Richter made it in as an Echo.

It’s kind of weird, most of my most wanted characters are the ones I don’t expect to see actually appear (i.e. Cloud) so I’m always just pleasantly surprised to see them.

Last edited:

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a fan of the series for any of my mains (Ness, Palutena, Lucina/Marth). I tried their games and they didn't really capture me (since I dislike handheld consoles and spending tons of time on games).

I don't really like the Metroid series because I don't like wandering around forever, but I wanted Ridley in 'cause he's really cool and my best friend loves Metroid and mains Samus. Now I'll get to beat him as his favorite character's enemy. :)

I love the Mario series, but I hate playing Mario and Luigi in Smash. I mained Bowser in Melee and Brawl, though.

I played a lot of Donkey Kong Country as a kid, and wanted K. Rool in.
I played a lot of Zelda as a kid, and want Pig Ganon in.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I don't really play the sports or party games much, but whenever I'm kart racing, Waluigi's my dude. So kinda?

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Well, with the Direct disconfirming Mimikyu and having serious implications for the likelihoods of other fighters, I'll make a new post.

Skull Kid - Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games of all time. I first played it when I was about 6 years old, and it's remained a consistent favourite of mine ever since. I also really enjoy playing as him in Hyrule Warriors (although I wish his sound effects were less grating).

Elma - I actually don't really like Xenoblade X, I really only support Elma on the behalf of my sister who really wants her in, as well as more racial diversity. This game's roster is absolutely amazing, but it is lacking in that regard at the moment.

Monster Hunter - Monster Hunter is my favourite franchise of all time. Even if a Hunter doesn't get in as a playable character, I'm just stoked MH is getting representation at all. Other than a DLC Mii costume, that is.

Erdrick and Isaac - Both of these are from very nostalgic games for me. I actually don't care hugely about the characters themselves, moreso the games they'd be representing. Also the music they'd bring with them.

Dixie Kong - I love the DKC games and Dixie was always my favourite Kong. Mind you, I never liked DKC for the characters themselves, but I still want to see Dixie make it in. She deserves her time to shine at last. And with Chrom proving Echoes don't need to follow their source character's moveset exactly, Dixie could make a fine Diddy Echo, even though I think she'd still be better off unique.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ridley: Love the Metroid series, especially Super Metroid, definitely in the Top 3 of my favorite SNES games. Prime is great too.

King K. Rool: One of the first games I played and got really invested in playing was DK64. King K. Rool had a really active villain role in that game making him really memorable in his schemes against the Kongs. DK64 is still my favorite DK game by a wide margin, as well.

Simon/Richter Belmont: While the NES games aren't really my favorite, I do love Castlevania 4, Rondo of Blood, and SotN, its nice the series is getting the spotlight it deserves once again.

Lyn: While deconfirmed she definitely was one of my favorites I was rooting for, for obvious reasons. Just look at my name...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
My most wanted characters for this game were:

Ridley - Big Metroid fan and have beaten all of the main series except the original GB Return of Samus
Simon Belmont - Had Simon's Quest on NES and love the Metroidvania-style games (Symphony of the Night and the GBA/DS games)
K Rool - beat DKC1 & 2, DK64 (and DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze)

Still would like Dixie Kong.

I main Mega Man in Smash 4, and I owned Mega Man 1-6 on NES, and have beaten all of the main series, Mega Man X 1-3, Legends, etc. However, I also main WFT and I've never "played" Wii Fit.
In the context of Castlevania itself, I don't really care about Simon Belmont very much because I'm a bigger fan of the metroidvanias, but he would represent the franchise as a whole better then Alucard. Also, there's a pretty good chance of Richter being an alternate costume, since Simon will likely have to steal some moves from him anyway.
I agree, in that while SotN is my favorite Castlevania, Simon and the Vampire Killer whip are far more iconic and representative of Castlevania than Alucard is.

However, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest definitely has Metroidvania elements, like non-linear gameplay, weapon upgrades, leveling up, collecting subweapons, etc. But the gameplay doesn't hold up as well as SotN and beyond, so I have more nostalgia for the game than desire to replay it compared to later games. It would probably be a good candidate for a remake with some modern elements like, you know, a ****ing map.

D

Deleted member

Lmao well, congratulations on that foresight.

As for me my most wanted characters are/were Ridley, Ashley, and Isabelle.

Ridley (confirmed) - No, actually I can't really call myself a fan of the Metroid franchise. Of the Metroid games I played, I only marginally enjoyed Metroid Prime 3, Zero Mission, and Other M. I tried Super Metroid, and I always get too annoyed to complete it. Metroid Prime one I can't say I find to be a good game as it has way too much padding, especially at the end, and seeing as both are the big fan favorites, and I don't really enjoy the rest of the games much, I can't call myself much of a fan.

Ashley (deconfirmed) - My first real WarioWare title was Touched, and I cannot tell you how much fun I've had with the first game, as well as the Wii title Smooth Moves. I didn't like Game & Wario much despite buying it, because the roughly 5 mid-quality minigames didn't really compare to the sheer quantity of microgames in regular titles. I like the characters a lot, although I do wish that Wario Land was a series parallel of WarioWare instead of being replaced, so I do have a slight grudge, but I have always enjoyed the core Ware series.

Isabelle (hopeful) - I have a heavy nostalgia for the DS title Animal Crossing Wild World. I played it constantly during my early teen years and I sincerely cared about the progress I could make. Then when the Wii version came out I realized how the two games essentially were identical barring the boring city, and I haven't actually touched the franchise ever since. The only games I've played featuring Isabelle have been Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, and the awful mobile game. I'm honestly just waiting to see whether the Switch game will be any good, or if it will be coming out at all.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm a Huge Zelda fan Wind Waker was my most favorite and first zelda game ever So If Tetra gets in even as a echo i'd be finish on what I want for characters in smash.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
As a Kirby fan, I do want more Kirby reps, preferably 3 or 4. But I do support Takamaru, and I've never played his game. The same applies for Geno, Shvel Knight, Sylux, etc.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'll admit I've mostly been wanting K. Rool 'cuz so many others wanted him too, so they'd be happy.
I've done some research on DKC as a result and come to the conclusion that I LOVE the enemy designs in those games, but not really the player characters. Primates just arn't really cool. Reptiles are of course the superior order of animals!

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Snake was my most wanted character, I'm a big Metal Gear Solid fan.

Back in Brawl days, I was really disappointed that Roy didn't get to return, I like the character a lot dispite having never played a Fire Emblem game up until 2015 or 2016 when I tried one of the GBA games on the virtual console. I wouldn't get into Fire Emblem until 2017 when I played Awakening for the first time.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Seems like a pointless thread. Who the heck is gonna answer no?
More people than you think.

I never played Fire Emblem, but I wanted Chrom so much because he is a cool character. He was robbed of a spot in Smash 4 to one of the many clone characters such as Dark Pit and Lucina in spite of having been shown in the Lucina and Robin trailer.

Last edited:

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
This is an odd example. I am a Castlevania fan, so I was really hoping Simon Belmont would be added. Which he was. However, my favorite Castlevania game is Rondo of Blood, where Richter was first introduced. Richter is my favorite Belmont, but I didn’t think he’d even be considered for Smash, figuring I’d just settle for an alt with blue clothes and dark brown hair. However, Richter made it in as an Echo.

It’s kind of weird, most of my most wanted characters are the ones I don’t expect to see actually appear (i.e. Cloud) so I’m always just pleasantly surprised to see them.
Similar sentiment here, except I've yet to play Rondo (they really need to come out with that rumored Castlevania collection, I don't have a PSP), I've played every other game he's in though. I was in full support of Simon, but we really got the best scenario here. Don't think I've been this excited for a character since Lucas in Brawl.
If it wasn't obvious enough already, I absolutely adore the Advance Wars franchise and it easily ranks of one of my favorite games of all time. It's a series that I loved since I was 8 years old so in that regard it holds a special place in my heart.

I want to believe that one day it'll get it's time under the sun once again and ascend to levels it never reached before.

As for Andy himself, I loves his funny quirks in the game. He's a dim-wit but a loveable one at that lol. I also love how he has no fear and was one of the only CO's to not back down from Sturm's threat. Kid has some serious balls.

And of course, his moveset potential he would have in Smash is virtually endless. With the amount of units he could use from Advance Wars and creative liberties Sakurai could take with him like he did C.Falcon.
Oddly enough, I think I voted for Andy in the ballot and not Simon. I guess I figured Konami wasn't going to play ball at the time. I was more of a FE fan growing up, but a lot of my friends loved AW. I have played the DS ones, and I think it's criminal there hasn't even been a stage (or any music!).

Seems like a pointless thread. Who the heck is gonna answer no?
People who don't care about imaginary internet cred. I find it highly suspicious that there's a lot of Geno hype out there but very little mention of him in this thread....

I haven't played Golden Sun but Isaac is one of my most wanted, and I've barely played Majora's Mask. Granted, I've got the characters I wanted so I'm more interested in what other people want.

My most wanted at this point is Travis Touchdown, and I've played all his games (Travis Strikes Again has practically sold me on getting a Switch before Ultimate was even announced).

R O F L

Smash Ace
For me, it's not as much as I'd want it to be. One of the characters on my list of most wanteds I've only played one game, and one of them I only like one of their games.

There's Louie, my MOST wanted. I love Pikmin 2 to death, so I no doubt want in him.

Magolor. He's from my 2nd to only K64 favorite Kirby game. So a yes for him.

King Boo. I've only ever played the org Luigi's Mansion, I liked it, but it's not one of my favorite games of all time. However, the Mario spin-offs made me want him more.

Chibi-Robo. Same with King Boo, I've only played liked his first game. Seriously, Zip-Lash is trash.

Steve. Minecraft is a great game and I enjoy it, okay?

Oldish thread, but does it matter?

I have never played Chibi-Robo. The reason he is my most wanted character is because I think that objectively, he is as much of a Nintendo icon as Olimar and Pikmin (or at least he was when Brawl came out) . Him not being a character in Smash 4 is equivalent to Olimar not being in Brawl. Nintendo simply has not had that many major new IPs in the last two decades so the fact that they still have not represented all of them with a playable fighter makes absolutely zero sense.
While I do want Chibi-Robo, I wouldn't say he was on the same level as Pikmin during the time of Brawl's development.

Comparing the two, Pikmin had 2 games, both rated pretty high by critics, and they were both released at least a year before Brawl's development started. Chibi-Robo had 2 games before Brawl's release, both of them are great games, but they scored less than both of the Pikmin games. Also, one of the two Chibi-Robo games released before Brawl came out in 2007, probably after they chose the characters.

Pikmin also has a small bit of history behind it, being what Super Mario 128 turned into.

Plus, the Pikmin games sold better and were actually pretty iconic in Japan (possibly thanks to Ai No Uta)

The only thing that Chibi-Robo had over Pikmin was the fact that Chibi-Robo's most recent game during the time was 2007, while Pikmin's was 2004.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Dkc2 was my favorite game on the SNES and I also love Dkc3, Dkl3 and Tropical Freeze which were great moments of Dixie's history.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Except for Chorus Kids, I've played each game that each of the characters in my sig. (who aren't in Smash as playable) are from, and I love all of them (I still gotta finish SMRPG though, but I like it so far, and Geno is cool).

I like Chorus Kids 'cause of their design and what I've watched of their Glee Club game in Rhythm Heaven.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Banjo and Kazooie are my most wanted characters and I Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are two of my favorites games ever. Banjo Kazooie was the first game I ever played

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yes: Majora's Mask is (and could well always be) my favourite game. And that's partly the reason why Skull Kid is my most wanted character.

Top Bottom