• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are coins going to be used differntly in SSBB?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
You cleared the stage!

So... You just keep playing until you reach the end. Easy to understand, right?

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

While getting this update I wondered what it meant when he talked about the coins. He says you don't shop with them. Then what do you do with them besides getting trophies?

Any ideas?:confused:

GenG

Smash Lord
These new coins look like the pedestal of the trophies. They're definitely related.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
They look similar, they are sooo different, though. Just go to This World and look at Kirby. The base is nothing like the coins.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Maybe not the same, but they seem similar..

The effect of the coin-like item:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
It seems like coins are going to be used nearly the same. Especially since there's not going to be a shop.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Probably be used for the Trophy Lottery again. Plus scene in two videos at gametrailers you throw a coin at a enemy and they become a trophy.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
There is no way they are only used for continues now. I'd like to think that Sora LTD is a little bit more creative then that.

However, just being used in Subspace Emissary to get trophies doesn't sound right either. How would you get trophies of Tingle and the Banana Peel dude? There is no way they are common enemies in SSE.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
IMO, Sakurai isn't keeping their purpose secret for nothing. We already know smash coins can be used for continues and trophies. Maybe they're part of that power up system in the SSE as well? I got the wild idea of upgradable special moves (for instance, letting you cancel a fireball into another fireball if you didnt already have two on the screen, ala SMB1) but that may just ba wishfull thinking.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Without a Lottery room I can't say how people will be able to get trophies like Dr. Stewart and Orco. Maybe they're secret trophies like the Wolfen trophy back in Melee.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i dunno what theyll be used for. either theyl lbe used to u trophies again or maybe the "u ant use them to shop" is just sakaurai being sarcastic saying that they arnt real money or something. if thats true then maybe we will be able to buy things who knows anymore

clowsui

Smash Legend
i think that by they're not going to be used to shop is basically saying you're not going to use them as a medium of direct exchange; i.e. you're not going to pay x amount of coins for a trophy.

i think that the accumulation of coins through single player, subspace and multiplayer will allow you to gain characters, stages and certain, thereby providing you multiple ways of gaining enough coins for characters/stages/items.

e.g. Metaknight requires 3.5k of coins collected to unlock, you collect 3.5k from multiplayer + single player, shazam.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if you collecting coins doing various things, like completing different modes of various difficulty, performing combos and rack up a certainst percent, playing a certain number of stock matches, etc and using them to be redeemed for characters, stages, and whatever. There could be some "bonuses" (some similar to the ones needed for that **** diskun trophy) that could be obtained over and over again, so it is possible to unlock characters if some are really hard to unlock (for newbs anyways :))

Top Bottom