• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ArdeS's Video Thread | Updated 11/02

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
The reason I made this thread is because I've decided to record a lot more matches from here on out and didn't want to flood the Official Video Thread with my videos and their critique. This thread will be updated with my Wi-Fi and tourney matches so my fellow Link players and myself can improve with feedback.
I'm just trying to be constructive.:p

=====================================
ArdeS vs AoA Mystic (Peach)
11/02/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQXBOuzwBU - 1

This was a match recorded while I was playing; not a replay. The lag was pretty lame. I played a lot of matches with this guy and he beat me most of the time.

What sucks right now is that I can't upload anymore matches because my ******** internet goes haywire when I begin uploading the huge files. I had many more to upload against AoA along with some link mirrors against Anonano, but I don't know how/when I'll upload them anymore. D:
Sorry.

======================================
ArdeS vs MTHunter777 (DK)
10/30/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOBGtGUH2A - 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26V2nj0AJZ0 - 2

These weren't the most serious matches, but it was great practice for me personally. He's got a great DK. There were times where we'd 2- or 3-stock each other so don't think he's a bad DK for a second okay? ;)
I played around with some YouTube annotations too. Those are fun. :laugh:

=======================================

Any comments/feedback is appreciated. :bee:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'll watch them later. Atm, I'm on a comp that can't watch YT vids for it's life. I'll have more vids of myself by November 2nd. :D I'm going Link all the way at that party XD

sasook

Smash Champion
Ardes, I think you should do more ledgehopped fairs when getting back on. And jab cancel some more too. I noticed a lot of jab combos.

Other than that, nice matches. Sick comeback in the second fight.

Dark M

Smash Rookie
I'd advise you to stop doing the jump above opponent, dthrow bomb to nair on his shield. It's like asking to get shieldgrabbed. If the bomb doesn't connect (miss, dodged, shielded, etc) pull away more often than continue. Bit of a gamble that he'll suddenly drop his shield, imo. It's a nice setup when the bomb connects, though.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Hey, good matches. My advice to you is to get your timings right with Arrow canceling, although the FHDA is very situational and can be punished if read its still useful sometimes, there are better setups for arrow canceling though. Also, dont always use the same combos like the jump-downtrow.bomb-nair, try to mix it up with something else from time to time in order to keep you opponent guessing.

I think you have a solid Link and play him well, good comeback on the 2nd match those DK tankers were very early in the game so it shows you dont give up easily and thats a good thing.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the feedback guys.

sasook said:
Ardes, I think you should do more ledgehopped fairs when getting back on. And jab cancel some more too. I noticed a lot of jab combos.

Other than that, nice matches. Sick comeback in the second fight.
I usually do the ledgehopped fairs, but after a few matches with this DK I got punished a lot for it. It didn't work well with his stupid dtilt and mega punch. :laugh:
I used to mix up my jab-cancel game a lot, now for some reason I just cancel into grabs. Trying to get back into the habit of smashes and tilts again.

Dark M said:
I'd advise you to stop doing the jump above opponent, dthrow bomb to nair on his shield. It's like asking to get shieldgrabbed. If the bomb doesn't connect (miss, dodged, shielded, etc) pull away more often than continue. Bit of a gamble that he'll suddenly drop his shield, imo. It's a nice setup when the bomb connects, though.
Yeah, it's not the best habit against skilled players. A lot of times I can get away with a fast fall nair to a jab combo on the ground. But you're definitely right; I really should mix it up more. :bee:

FEaR.7 said:
Hey, good matches. My advice to you is to get your timings right with Arrow canceling, although the FHDA is very situational and can be punished if read its still useful sometimes, there are better setups for arrow canceling though. Also, dont always use the same combos like the jump-downtrow.bomb-nair, try to mix it up with something else from time to time in order to keep you opponent guessing.

I think you have a solid Link and play him well, good comeback on the 2nd match those DK tankers were very early in the game so it shows you dont give up easily and thats a good thing.
I've got arrow cancelling down very well, but not-so-well on Wi-Fi. ;)
Haha, and yeah, when I start losing I'm not one to give up or panic. I usually get more excited because I literally start thinking to myself, How am I going to win this? while I'm fighting. The challenge really gets me pumped up. For some reason when I'm ahead or a behind a stock I play a little smarter.
That's what I think at least. :confused:

WEMP said:
good matches, looking forward to your tourney matches even more though :B
Thanks! I know some videos of me from a September tournament were recorded but I have no idea when they'll be posted on the internet. As for future tournaments, I'm not going to any 'til 11/30 because of family plans which is lame. Until then, I'll post more Wi-Fi matches I guess.

I'll have a few more videos up tommorow or Saturday. vs Peach, Marth, and several Link mirror matches. :]

you have the same problem as me, you are toying around and relaxing when you think you have won the match, not concentrating, very obvious in both matches.
in the first you could have 3-stocked him if you had concentrated through the whole match, in the second you was very slow and made stupid moves in the start of the match but as soon it seemed as you were loosing you started to play well again. so train your concentration is my main piece of advice.

P.S. Wi-fi sucks :lick: lulz

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I have that problem too. People have called me "a natural sandbagger" in the past :laugh:
lol Same here. Sorry I wasn't on all yesterday lol Too much candy get and Brawl matches XD I lost all my matches ._. Sad.... I went Link almost all the way.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Well in a real tourney match, I like to think I don't sandbag while I'm in the lead. I probably do though, which is scaring me. :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I had many more to upload against AoA along with some link mirrors against Anonano, but I don't know how/when I'll upload them anymore. D:
Sorry.
Awww... I was looking forward to letting the whole world watch my butt get kicked...
Send them to Oddler! Really, do!

Edit: And i don't think I ever posted this, so:
Your jab cancel to grab on WiFi is retardedly good. You set up, like, 40 bazillion combos on me using that.

Top Bottom