• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arctic Winds - A VirtualVoid IC Combo Video!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well I'm inspired. You were fighting the characters that I absolutely refuse to use the Ice Climbers against. Now I see that they do have a chance.

Miller

Smash Lord
The best fighting skills with Iceys that I've seen ever. Great job. But theres just one thing. Your CGs lack speed, I suggest you work on that. But otherwise, amazing. One of the top iceys around.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the great comments everyone!

Wrap It Up, I released two combo videos before that, one was a Luigi/IC hybrid video called "Into the Void" (It's rather weak in my opinion, I was pretty new to brawl back then), and the other was "The Green Reaper" - A Luigi combo video.

Millar, you are probably right. Altough, if I hear my opponent mashing I will usually speed up. I always try to do the chains as slow as possible without risking them breaking free to decrease the chances of me screwing up.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Nice Desyncs. Especially that first one with the blizzards on that Meta knight. Great work with chain grabbing and combo usage. You made it seem very easy to kill someone with Ice Climbers even if you don't grab them. Keep up the good work with your videos. I really liked your Snowstorm one. It was the first video that I saw of chaingrabbing before I knew it existed (because Melee Nana was too hard to control).

Orwell

Smash Rookie
VirtualVoid, I have a question. In one of your videos, you edgeguard by having Popo stand on the end of the ledge F-smashing while Nana F-airs from just under. I can sort of do the same thing, but it requires me to swing Popo's hammer twice before Nana F-air's. My question is, what are the instructions for doing it your way? Any tips?

Great videos by the way. I've learned more about the Ice Climbers in the past 5 days than I have in the past 5 years.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
NICE icies, I sort of play like you. I got some tips also from the vid so thanks :)

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
VirtualVoid, I have a question. In one of your videos, you edgeguard by having Popo stand on the end of the ledge F-smashing while Nana F-airs from just under. I can sort of do the same thing, but it requires me to swing Popo's hammer twice before Nana F-air's. My question is, what are the instructions for doing it your way? Any tips?

Great videos by the way. I've learned more about the Ice Climbers in the past 5 days than I have in the past 5 years.
You need nana to be just under the edge and keep spamming aerials for her to float (No Dair), the best way to do it is have her grab the edge by herself with your favorite desync then press away from the edge + A with a little bit of delay, resulting in popo smashing and nana doing a fair without falling. Continue spamming attacks and she will keep floating....

Nana can also float under platforms in the middle of the stage, I'm not sure exactly how it's done and its probably not very effective.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Nana can also float under platforms in the middle of the stage, I'm not sure exactly how it's done and its probably not very effective.
you can do that by desynching and having nana drop through the platform with popo still in top of it. she only floats there for a little bit though and its only application would be to try and hit people under you without having to take damage yourself

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
can't believe i didn't see this before

void, you are the best ic's

finally, someone who actually knows how to use them

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
NEEDS MOAR GRABS!!

Just kidding :laugh:. Good thing i'm not the only one uses desynchs for other things besides grabs.

This vid wins and is proof that ICs are still dangerous even without grabs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Very awesome :).

I loved at around 4 mins when you chase the falco with unorthadox moves XD.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Very awesome :).

I loved at around 4 mins when you chase the falco with unorthadox moves XD.
Thanks, sadly your combo video only had tiny bits of IC and they were all chainthrows.. (Don't get me wrong you are probably the best alternate grabber out there) But it would be awesome to see some non-grabbish stuff from you :D

Oh yeah and the ftilt from the grab was clearly a mistake but I managed to grab after it anyways heh.

Top Bottom