• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRD5 (Arizona Power Ranking Decision 5)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Arizona Smash Scene Presents:
"APRD5"
(Arizona Power Ranking Decision 5)
Tourney 4/4 of Season.

DATE & TIME SCHEDULE
July 2nd, 2011

12:00PM- Friendlies/MMs/Warmups
2:00PM- Draft crew battles
3:30PM- Pools
6:00PM- Pro bracket (double elimination) & Amateur pools

1232 E Southern Ave #14
Mesa, AZ 85204

ENTRY FEES
Singles- $10 per person
Side Event(s)- $5 per person

POT SPLITS
20 or more entrants:
1st: 52%
2nd: 26%
3rd: 10%
4th: 7%
5th: 5%

Less than 20 entrants:
1st: 55%
2nd: 27.5%
3rd: 10%
4th: 7.5%

SETUPS

Brawl Set-ups
1. Rave Remix

TVs
1. Venue
2. Rave Remix
3. Rave Remix
4. Angela

Recording set-ups

The Unity Ruleset
-Version 1.3-

General Gameplay Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure
Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).
Stage List

Conduct Rules
BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Users can discuss this ruleset in the thread provided here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301033

STAGES

NEUTRAL
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Lylat Cruise
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island
• Pokemon Stadium 1
• Castle Siege

COUNTERPICKS
• Brinstar
• Battleship Halberd
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Rainbow Cruise
• Pokémon Stadium 2

(Note that Picto Chat is no longer a legal stage)

CONTACT
Chris (Darklink)- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)
Javier (Jard)- 602-684- 0467(CALL or TEXT)
Luis (Rave Remix): 480-522-6912 (CALL OR TEXT)
Shawn (K9): 480-217-4701 (CALL OR TEXT)
Kurtis (Yoshiken): 480-381-1424 (CALL ONLY)
Venue: 480-507-0509 (CALL ONLY)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Since this is a Power Ranking Decision tourney, I propose not only should we start off with the Singles tourney first, we should start earlier in the day if possible (2pm or 3pm) and do two pools instead of four.

Also, please remember to bring TVs and setups, especially those who usually don't! Since this is the final tourney of the season, we should be expecting a large attendance number. :)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
You end up playing against more people if it's only 2 pools, which will help out when determining PR spots. :)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Oh I thought it was a time issue. mmkoy

well as usual, if Kyle goes you'll see me and Tommy with setups

k9.

Smash Ace
Ay lets skip the side event and just start pools during that time side events suck balls anyway

@Rave Remix Thanks for making the thread, maybe you should start taking over the job of making the thread.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
We are indeed doing pools first (and earlier in the day if everyone arrives on time). :) But if we have enough time we might do a side-event afterward. DRAFT CREWS??!! :D

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Side events don't suck. They're fun! Just make it after Singles, so those who don't want to enter can just get out. :p

I vote Singles to start at 3:00pm (or even 2:30), since I would probably be late and wouldn't have any time to warm-up if it were to start at 2:00. And since the Singles tourney will be first, Yoshiken MIGHT be able to make it, but likely won't stick around for the side event. We'll be bringing a TV.

Also, do pools really influence the PR? If so, that's cool. I always thought it was just brackets that do.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Side events don't suck. They're fun! Just make it after Singles, so those who don't want to enter can just get out. :p

I vote Singles to start at 3:00pm (or even 2:30), since I would probably be late and wouldn't have any time to warm-up if it were to start at 2:00. And since the Singles tourney will be first, Yoshiken MIGHT be able to make it, but likely won't stick around for the side event. We'll be bringing a TV.

Also, do pools really influence the PR? If so, that's cool. I always thought it was just brackets that do.
Awesome-ness and /agree with everything you said (especially since Yoshiken might make it after all). :D

k9.

Smash Ace
Pools don't really matter in this State but i think sometimes they should, but anyways maybe pools should be changed back to 4 pools save time.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Pools don't really matter in this State but i think sometimes they should, but anyways maybe pools should be changed back to 4 pools save time.
Haha that's bullsh*t I always thought they did. Well we should definitely make them count during an APRD tourney at the very least.

I'll talk with the PR panelists, and if pools don't really count (and if we don't have enough TVs), we'll revert back to 4 pools.

@Rave Remix Thanks for making the thread, maybe you should start taking over the job of making the thread.
Thank you K9. :D I'm actually pretty obsessive with updating threads with all the latest info too, so I'm pretty much a perfect fit for the job haha.

k9.

Smash Ace
@Jane i think they should matter also but, on this power ranking thread it says "it depends on who you win\lose to in singles bracket".

k9.

Smash Ace
Actually rave do you wanna take the job of doing results and making tourney threads from Kira cause someone from AZ needs to be doing it anyways, Kira is in cali lol

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah it depends who you win/lose to period. doesnt matter if you lost to them in bracket, in pools, OR in a moneymatch. a real match is a real match.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Actually rave do you wanna take the job of doing results and making tourney threads from Kira cause someone from AZ needs to be doing it anyways, Kira is in cali lol
Yeah no problem, I just need someone to forward me the bracket and pool images and I'll take care of the rest. :D I'll even post how much the payouts were so John12346 won't have to ask us every time, lol.

k9.

Smash Ace
@rave ok sounds good you have the job from now on ill tell Kira and Chris
Another reason why i'm doing this is because i know you will do the results the right way lol

@Jane i really believe that also but that's not how it is in this state lol

Jane

Smash Hero
thats not how it is? according to who? i'm sure all the panelists would agree with you and me that thats the way it should be (ALL bracket, pools, and money matches count towards your ranking).

k9.

Smash Ace
@Jane im just going off of what is on the front of this page and thats how the last pr was made and the one before that, with singles bracket only.

If you think about it putting pools, money matches, and singles bracket in would make it very complex also. lol Thats why they do don't do it prolly

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah it would make it a little harder, and the panelists shouldn't have to collect all that data, but like for example if i say "HEY PANELISTS, I beat XXX in a money match/pools, please take that into consideration for my placing" it should definitely matter.

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea me and Kira did the last PR and it came out really good i wanna be a panelists really bad. I should be im really decent at it.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Since no one really directly responded last time, I will try once more.

We should consider using Unity this tourney since some of us are going to Genesis 2. Who else is down for trying Unity this tourney?

Here it is again for quick reference:

[collapse=Genesis Ruleset]

The Unity Ruleset
-Version 1.3-

The following ruleset was created by the BBR Ruleset Committee, which is made up by active, respected Tournament Organizers from around the United States. This will be considered the standard, universal ruleset for Brawl tournaments across the US. Any tournaments that do not follow this ruleset will not be eligible for stickies on SWF or featured coverage on AllisBrawl.

Changes to this ruleset can be made at any time and without warning, for which we will update the version based on the significance of the change. The Ruleset Committee will pay close attention to tournament trends, and if a persistent problem presents itself, the Ruleset Committee will address the issue and adapt the ruleset as necessary. If you are interested in being admitted to the BBR-RC, send your tournament resume to AlphaZealot - you must however, have run 1 tournament with the Unity Ruleset in order to be eligible for admission.

General Gameplay Rules
  1. 3 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
  1. Team Attack set to "On"
  2. Life stealing is allowed.
  3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​

Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Conduct Rules
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
  3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  11. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Users can discuss this ruleset in the thread provided here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301033

Unity Ruleset Infraction System

Players found in contempt of rules within the Unity Ruleset are subject to the Infraction System. This is a system where players can receive either a Yellow Card or a Red Card in a certain category by the members of the BBR-RC based on evidence and discussion.

Cards

Yellow Cards are given for lesser offenses, or as warnings for larger ones. Players with a Yellow Card are under extra watch by tournament hosts for later offenses. If a player receives a Yellow Card in a category they already have an active one in, they will be given a Red Card for that category.

Red Cards are given for larger offenses, or by accumulating two active Yellow Cards in a single category. If a player has an active Red Card, they are unable to participate in any events hosted at a tournament using the Unity Ruleset.

Cards given to players will have a set expiration date determined on a case-by-case basis by the BBR-RC. Yellow Cards will typically carry longer active periods as a warning lasting approximately between one and twelve months. Red Cards typically carry lesser active periods lasting approximately between two and eight weeks, acting as a tournament ban. Expiration dates may be set differently depending on the severity of the infraction and repeated occurrence of them.

Cards are assigned a category when distributed based on the rule that was broken. Red Cards gained by accumulating two or more Yellow Cards only happens if the Yellow Cards are obtained in the same category. Categories also help represent the severity of a sentence, as some categories are more important than others. Categories will be decided on when the infraction is given by the BBR-RC. Some examples of categories (but not all of them) are listed below.

Categories

Bracket Manipulation: This category is for any offense that pertains to players modifying the outcome of a bracket based on factors such as (but not limited to) Prize Splitting, Intentional Forfeiting, Intentional Under-performance, and Outside Deals. This category may bring additional punishment immediately at the tournament by the Tournament Organizer such as being disqualified from the event or having your winnings forfeited to other placing players at the event.

Tournament Conduct: This category is for any offense that pertains to players acting out of line at tournaments. This includes factors such as (but not limited to) Fighting, Disruption, Theft, and Destruction of Property. This category may bring additional punishment immediately at the tournament by the Tournament Organizer such as being ejected from the venue.

Distribution and Operation of Cards

• Everyone may view the status of all distributed cards including their category, expiration date, and assigned player in the following post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12763608&postcount=4
  • Cards will be assigned by the BBR-RC as a whole after discussion following the event in question. Cards may be assigned at any time.
  • Cards do not have to be tied to a specific action at a specific event.
  • Anyone is able to contact any member of the BBR-RC to suggest the distribution of a card, as well as provide evidence that may aid in the decision of the distribution.
  • The BBR-RC may assign cards to players based on events not using the Unity Ruleset.
  • All events using the Unity Ruleset must abide by the player blacklist formed by the Infraction System.
  • Any host not using the Unity Ruleset in its entirety is still welcome to use the player blacklist if they choose.
  • Any player who receives a card is more than welcome to contact any member of the BBR-RC with a counter argument for why they should have not received a certain card.

Active Infractions

ADHD
Yellow Card (Bracket Manipulation) at KTAR5 - Expiring November 21st, 2011

Anti

Mew2King

[collapse=Expired Infractions]
There are currently none.

[/collapse]

This thread is for discussion of the BBR-RC Unity Ruleset.

Unity Ruleset Change Log

v1.0 - Ruleset released.

v1.1 - Pictochat is now banned.
Pause rule edited to include a harsher punishment for a player who pauses during a bad situation (such as recoveries).​
Infinite/Stalling rules slightly edited for clarity.​
A player disruption conduct rule added.​
Two clauses added to protect TOs and venue owners.​

v1.2 - New player infraction system implemented. Yellow & Red Cards introduced.

v1.3 - 5 stage starter list changed to 7 stage starter list, with PS1 and Castle Siege being the two new stages.

[/collapse]

k9.

Smash Ace
@jane Dude thats exactly what i said. Thanks for the acknowledgment man i know i can do it really well

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Ditto at what Jane said. :)

@Tommy So the big difference of the Unity Ruleset is the 7 starter/6 counterpicks we choose from, as well as the card system for tournament rule violations? That sounds fine with me (although I doubt we'll ever need to use the card system in our scene, lol). What does everyone else think about it?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah stages and the the card system. I don't care about the card system, plus I feel like it would really only be applied to larger scale tourneys and not necessarily locals like ours.

Also, infinites ARE legal in Unity. We played with infinites legal last time, but Chris usually like to ban them, when they shouldn't.

I say, play through the fear.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Well, it is good that we are switching to the unity ruleset, especially since Castle Siege is a starter now. I love that stage. It also seems more fair, because the starter list is not filled with a bunch of lame flat stages that gay Falcos, ICs, Diddys, etc. take the advantage on.

Infinites definitely shouldn't be banned.

We can use those starter stages but infinite's are always going to remain banned in this state because they are just completely anti-fun.

Also, we probably cannot do 2 pools because that would take much longer. But this will just depend on the number of T.V.s that we have that day.

If we have 20 entrants or more, I am paying out to 5th which will be
52% 26% 10% 7% 5%

Less than that I will still pay out to 4th.
55% 27.5% 10% 7.5%

Also, pools matches DO count for PR, they just count significantly less than bracket matches.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
We can use those starter stages but infinite's are always going to remain banned in this state because they are just completely anti-fun.
Idk man, looks to me like this is Rave's tournament :p

Not to mention how if you really plan to go against the ruleset that's posted, you not only decieve players who read the rules, but the tournament results can't really be recognized as legitimate by SWF anyway.
There's not much that can be said about banning them.

Less than that I will still pay out to 4th.
55% 27.5% 10% 7.5%
I agree with this. 5th seems too low to earn money

also
I <3 K9, but I actually think Tommy would be a better choice for a new panel member since, like K9, he's power ranked, but Tommy I think has virtually perfect attendance as well as having been in the scene longer.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm gonna step my game up for this one, then =)

A friend, Lance, and I, will be there, i gotta talk to the other 2 new tucson guys though

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention how if you really plan to go against the ruleset that's posted, you not only decieve players who read the rules, but the tournament results can't really be recognized as legitimate by SWF anyway.
Actually, the only thing that would happen is that we wouldn't be stickied on SWF/have featured coverage on AllisBrawl. :)

I <3 K9, but I actually think Tommy would be a better choice for a new panel member since, like K9, he's power ranked, but Tommy I think has virtually perfect attendance as well as having been in the scene longer.
K9's attendance and time in the scene is actually pretty comparable to Tommy's, so I don't think those are determining factors. The most important difference is that K9 has been extremely vocal about wanting to be a panelist, and we definitely need panelists who will be passionate about and dedicated to their responsibilities. So even though Tommy would make a great panelist too, I think K9 should receive it.

I'm gonna step my game up for this one, then =)

A friend, Lance, and I, will be there, i gotta talk to the other 2 new tucson guys though
Awesome dude, we love having you guys in the scene. :) Haha, your G&W is already capable of some frightening sh*t, I look forward to seeing what he can do this tourney. :)

And to Chris:
Thank you man, I went ahead and changed the payouts to what you recommended. And yeah, the pool size will probably be changed back to 4 if we don't get enough TVs.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
but for now I don't want to make any drastic changes to our current season.
Infinites were legal at the last tournament Also in the OP it says all infinites and chaingrabs are banned, when it should just say all infinite chaingrabs are banned.

So hyped for this! xD

I plan on using a lot of secondaries this time so don't be offended if I don't go yoshi against you.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
... but infinite's are always going to remain banned in this state because they are just completely anti-fun.
You have been the only one who has ever been vocal about no infinites. Besides, if Unity has infinites legal, I would say the majority of the brawl community and BBR also feels that they should be legal.

Idk man, looks to me like this is Rave's tournament :p
yeah way to take over everything Rave has done Chris....

There's not much that can be said about banning them.
All of this. If we play without infinites being legal, then that means we aren't actually using Unity ruleset.
The point of me even bringing up this Unity thing was for those of us going to Genesis, it was supposed to be practice. This tourney may as well just be us playing our normal rules again with extra stages.

Thanks man, but I don't want to be a panelist. I don't think I'm a good judge of skill (or growth in skill over time), plus I hardly ever remember my own tourney matches or anyone else's for that matter. I would be a terrible panelist.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
If anyone actually gets disqualified because they used an infinite, I'll probably stop entering tournaments

well, maybe not.

Top Bottom