• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Battlecow

Play to Win
If I recall right...Battlecow backed out on the super high stack and wanted to do 20-25-50$ instead, giving Gio a good reason enough to not go anymore.
The original MM was $50 no kirby at this whack Dublin tourney. Gio never showed up for some reason.

Second MM was $200 no kirby at FC, gio decided he wanted to go kirby and I was like sure, I'll do the $50 again or $200 no kirby. Gio AGREED TO THIS, then didn't show up at FC either. It wasn't like "oh no I can't do that I refuse to go to FC" it was like "sure" and then FC rolls around and he's not registered for some odd reason.

I mean he was never a smasher, he's just a troll, and he pretty much admitted that towards the end. He got me to take things seriously so he wins, I guess, by the rules of whatever weird little basement-dweller internet game he's playing. Great job trolling, gio.

$20 sounds good, thugz, just don't pull a gio on me.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
He already agreed on Skype
Apperantly he wants me to be bowser but ill let him change his mind if he wants at the tourney, I mean after he gets destroyed game 1 he won't want me to be bowser anymore

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Superboom and others, if we're gonna run Smash 64 Doubles, it would have to be late at night after everything else is done, and one of you would have to organize it. If we get enough setups, it could definitely happen -- we have the venue until 11:30pm -- I just can't guarantee it as a confirmed event.

LOE1

Smash Lord
hmm.....i might show up to this. ive been gettin back into melee recently

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Last tourney there was

Melee: 55
Brawl: 14
Project M: 14
Smash64: 15

And all games look to be getting a boost in attendance for the next one, especially 64.

Moooose

Smash Champion
you coming tink? i'm lookin for that revenge.
$10 mm if we don't meet in bracket?

Actually, same for all of you chicago-land players. Haven't played you guys in forever.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Superboom and others, if we're gonna run Smash 64 Doubles, it would have to be late at night after everything else is done, and one of you would have to organize it. If we get enough setups, it could definitely happen -- we have the venue until 11:30pm -- I just can't guarantee it as a confirmed event.
Last 64 tournament I went to had 36 people and 5 setups. It started at 8pm, and ended at 3am (~ 7 hours). You might want to start the 64 tournament a little earlier, or else you'll need like 10 setups for 36 people, 20 setups for 72 people, etc if you wanna end in 3.5 hours

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Yeah the 64 community is coming in FORCE for this so you might want to think about moving the schedule around a little.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Hoping I can get a ride from one of the Ohio homies for this. I'll have to hit up a few people, but would anyone want to team if I show?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Last 64 tournament I went to had 36 people and 5 setups. It started at 8pm, and ended at 3am (~ 7 hours). You might want to start the 64 tournament a little earlier, or else you'll need like 10 setups for 36 people, 20 setups for 72 people, etc if you wanna end in 3.5 hours
I'll move it up one hour to 7pm.

Concerning the anecdote... I wouldn't put much weight on one example of a 36-person bracket running for seven hours. That tournament was run poorly if it took that long. Even if we get just 6 setups total and ALL sets average 15 minutes each, there is no reason the tourney should run more than 225 minutes for a 32-person bracket assuming a reasonable level of match enforcement. And if we get 8 setups, that worst-case number drops to 195 minutes.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Important Announcement!

Please help the staff better prepare for running the tournament by filling out this pre-registration form. We really appreciate it.

Pre-Registration can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/bwz2s2a

The purpose of this is to project turnout so the schedule can be adjusted accordingly. Time and space for each individual event will be allotted depending on the number of pre-registrations and the number of setups everyone has pledged to bring. With that said, please be honest about your expectations to attend, as it's not difficult to tell if someone is spamming the pre-registration for the wrong reasons.

Actual payment of the venue fee and entry fee(s) will still be done at the venue on March 30th. Pairing teammates together for the Melee Doubles and Brawl Doubles events will also be done at the venue on March 30th. Don't worry about these two things.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Can you please axe Brawl Doubles or something instead that hardly anybody would really miss?

It doesn't feel fair that the 64 community would show you guys real interest only to have their tournament capped thereby potentially killing the potential of the event. If PM gets less than the limit can the 64 tournament take the spots? It just sucks because 64 doesn't have big tournaments as often as the other games.

I am really angry you are doing this and hope you change your mind about this horrible decision.

Why can't you just cap Brawl? That game always takes freaking forever. 64 always gets the short end of the stick...

You may have killed the hype for the 64 tournament.

ANY increase in the cap would be greatly appreciated.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I don't speak for Rob, but 64 has usually been a side event. As has PM. Brawl & Melee have been the two main events, Melee being what people usually come for. Please restrain from being discouraged. I'm sure there will be plenty of people for 64.

Top Bottom