• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Ah thanks. I fixed the map colors, it's much more intuitive to have the parking lots be blue since they're actually called Blue Lots here on campus.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Alright, cool. Gonna bring a 64 setup or two, and maybe a friend or two.

Also gonna try to get Chicago out here for 64.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Alright, cool. Gonna bring a 64 setup or two, and maybe a friend or two.

Also gonna try to get Chicago out here for 64.
We should post in the Chicagoland Facebook Group to see if people would be interested for coming to the other events... I know I'm interested in PM. Would Chicago be able to get housing for this?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
No, just 1v1. There are various logistical issues with running doubles for Smash 64, and we don't have room for it in the schedule anyway.

mrschmucker

Smash Rookie
cool bean thanks man. me and my best friend are coming down for the 1v1. but if there were doubles we would've jumped in that too. I'm pretty excited for this.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Yo I'm accepting all 64 and Brawl money matches here, since it's the one brawl tourney I'll probably go to for a while. If anyone wants to do some hype high dollar money match hit me up at this tourney negruhz

Sensei

Smash Lord
I will money match you in ssb64 thugz.

I'm organizing a carpool from the east coast to this. Would anybody be able to house us? I'll repay with my sincere gratitude and tell stories of my recent exploits of women, with their names changed of course to protect their privacy.

One more thing, what's the turnout looking like for the other smash games?

THuGz

Smash Lord
Turnout for non melee will most likely be pretty small but I bet brawl will be a decent sized local. 64 probably a dozen, but it don't matta how many there are cuz I'm already the winner son B|

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
64 will get more than a dozen alone from OoS attendees from what it seems like

if anything its brawl thatll have the least showing, last time brawl and 64 had the same number entrants loool

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
For anyone still wondering, here are statistics from the last tourney we ran with all four games:

Melee: 55 entrants
Brawl: 14 entrants
Project M: 14 entrants
Smash 64: 15 entrants

So yes, Melee is obviously most popular here, since this was previously a Melee-exclusive series up until the past few months. You can be assured that we'll treat every event seriously though -- if Brawl and Smash 64 were to step up their numbers at SWEET XII, the venue space and time allotted would reflect that.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo I'm accepting all 64 and Brawl money matches here, since it's the one brawl tourney I'll probably go to for a while. If anyone wants to do some hype high dollar money match hit me up at this tourney negruhz
I'll MM you in 64. Hype and high dollar sounds good by me; how much?

Also, doesn't gio live like 5 minutes from this venue? TIME TO STOP RUNNING MY MAN.

64 turnout looking pretty good I think most of Illinois is showing up

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'll MM you in 64. Hype and high dollar sounds good by me; how much?

Also, doesn't gio live like 5 minutes from this venue? TIME TO STOP RUNNING MY MAN.

64 turnout looking pretty good I think most of Illinois is showing up
Why did you wait until like a year later to respond to Gio? He hasn't even touched smash in months, but I guess I can beat you in his place

Battlecow

Play to Win
?

Dude of the times that he was supposed to show up and MM me and didn't the most recent one was at FC which wasn't a year ago lol

I definitely never waited to respond to anything

You wanna do $200 on DL? That was what me and him had planned. Or we could do more if you're feeling it.

THuGz

Smash Lord
^ dat backup. That's exactly what happened, Gio wanted to money match bcow at FC for the original amount but he reduced it and then ended up not going (if I remember correct?) and so gio had no reason to go to FC anymore and that MM was so hyped up for that tourney that he didn't feel like pursuing it anymore after it didn't happen.

Also probably no more than $20 for me lol - I'll probably do more in brawl though, for anyone who wants

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thugz why are you giving your $ away like this.

You do remember I'm bad and even I have combo videos online specifically from footage of you quitting out of matches, right?

And I 4 stocked you with melee Jiggs and I don't even play Jiggs.

Though I will say he'd **** me in 64.

Top Bottom