• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I cannot promise a PM tournament, but if you guys bring enough setups and aren't entering Smash 64, then you can run a PM tournament towards the end of the Melee/Brawl singles events.
^

I won't be running a PM event myself, but there's more than enough space and time for someone else to step up and do so.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That's why I said it can only happen towards the end of Melee/Brawl singles. And PM/SSB64 cross entrants would not be allowed.

:phone:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Do the megabus's still run cuz of the blizzard?

I'm coming from Nj just for this so i need to know o_o i sure hope so. I am doing a LOT of traveling and maybe sitting in the trunk of the car (no joke) to go.

Also would anyone sell/donate/lend me any good controllers? im tryin to win evo if possible lol

edit: Posted: Thursday February 07, 2013

There are service cancellations for trips traveling to/from New York, Boston, Providence, Hartford, Amherst, Saratoga, Burlington, New Haven, Fairhaven, Toronto, Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, Newark DE, State College.

^ since the site reads that, and I'm doing Philadelphia -> Pittsburg, I think I'm fine, unless there are more bad updates tomorrow.

I also got no email so i think im good

also im entering all the games if possible, so im looking for some good battles

and a good proj M teammate or 64 teammate if ur doin teams

Roller

Smash Legend
Do the megabus's still run cuz of the blizzard?

I'm coming from Nj just for this so i need to know o_o i sure hope so. I am doing a LOT of traveling and maybe sitting in the trunk of the car (no joke) to go.
...We here in Michigan actually value the coveted "trunk spot." Learn some respect.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Just to clarify, there is maybe a 1% chance of PM teams happening and a 10% chance of SSB64 teams happening. The main events both have to finish, then the side events have to finish, all by 10pm, and we would still need 3-4 setups for each game, in order for PM teams and SSB64 teams to even be a possibility.

PM singles isn't even guaranteed at this point. I'll allow it if we've wrapped up Melee Singles and Brawl Singles by 9pm or so.

Xatic

Smash Lord
As long as we have P:M set-ups and the main events are done. I'll more than likely run a P:M tournament. I'll make sure to print out a stagelist and stuff just in case.

*Most likely if it happens it'll end up being $5 Singles*

99% chance of it being only singles since we have so many other events to worry about.

And as Juggleguy said, there will be no entry if you are already entered into SSB64 (the reason being for time purposes)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Here's the deal, everyone.

Melee Singles and Brawl Singles each have to be at the Losers Semis stage of the tournament at 8pm in order for PM Singles to happen. There is no reason this can't happen if we get a reasonable number of setups (10 for Melee and 10 for Brawl) and everyone is on time to begin with (if there's snow, plan to get here earlier). So please step up and bring a full setup (TV+system+game) if you have one at home. Remember, you get a $5 discount refund given back at the end of the tournament if you bring a full setup for any game: Melee, Brawl, or Smash 64.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I couldn't get a ride to the bus station, they didnt want to drive on slippery roads XD I'll see you all at lordy's<3 maybee

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Once again, please bring EXACT CHANGE tomorrow to register with. It'll make our lives much easier and get the tourney up and running faster. If you show up at 11:59am with only a $20 bill and we can't break the change, then you're out of luck... so please plan ahead.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Melee setups Melee setups Melee setups Melee setups Melee setups Melee setups Melee setups Melee setups

I've counted around 11-12 tops. If we get a few more we should be able to comfortably play friendlies all day and not have to worry about losing our setups to P:M/N64/brawl...which is going to happen.

let's go

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
For those of you wanting PM to happen, it's MUCH more likely if you bring your own TVs. Just sayin.

See you guys tomorrow. If you can't make it, tune into either of the livestreams (see the OP), they should be up and running at 1pm or so!

Top Bottom