• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] Keroro Platoon Presents: Invasion, a Brawl/Melee/PM... (Morehead, Kentucky)

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
This is the first in a series of events presented by Keroro Platoon, Kentucky's premier super smash brothers crew. The lovely guys at the Phoenix Feather have allowed me to use their venue to host an event so I figured we would give this a try and see what we can do. A schedule will be posted in detail shortly. I will also have pictures of the venue shortly, it should be fairly easy to find considering it's on main street in Morehead, there is also parking very near the venue at no cost I will have information about that as well. Here are a few of the necessities I just wanted to go ahead and get this page up. Let's make this a good event guys and see what we can do. :)

Staff:
Hael Phael
Kryp
Twig
Kero
Amida
Ralph Cecil

Venue
Phoenix Feather Gaming and Collectibles
101 West Main Street Morehead, KY 40351
(Pictures will be posted soon)

Schedule
April 19th 2014

List of Events
Melee 1v1
Brawl 1v1
Project M 1v1
Brawl 2v2
Melee 2v2

Food
Within a very short walk of the venue there's an Arby's, within a 5 minute drive there's a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Sonic, Buffalo Wild Wings and a few other Dining Options.

Money
Venue Fee: $5Brawl Singles: $10
Melee Singles: $10
PM Singles :$10
Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Melee Doubles: $20 per team

Rules
General Gameplay Rules
Brawl Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules. In addition to this Brawl singles will be adapting a 1 stock best of 5 format with a 3 minute timer and a ledge grab limit of 20 (lgl subject to change)
Melee Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules. Wobbling is LEGAL. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling, as per Apex 2014 rules.
Project M Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules.

Last edited:

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Five hour drive for me. (Fort Wayne, IN)
If my work schedule will allow it, is anyone interested in housing me and maybe two others?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Five hour drive for me. (Fort Wayne, IN)
If my work schedule will allow it, is anyone interested in housing me and maybe two others?
This would most likely include me! I'm sure you Keroro Platoon guys would totally want me around for a day so please extend us some housing!

EDIT: Actually @ Shadow the Past Shadow the Past , are you driving there from Van Wert again? If so we could potentially ride together to cut down gas costs. Plus I'd imagine it would make a 5 hour drive more tolerable for you. Let me know if this idea sounds interesting to you.

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
This would most likely include me! I'm sure you Keroro Platoon guys would totally want me around for a day so please extend us some housing!

EDIT: Actually @ Shadow the Past Shadow the Past , are you driving there from Van Wert again? If so we could potentially ride together to cut down gas costs. Plus I'd imagine it would make a 5 hour drive more tolerable for you. Let me know if this idea sounds interesting to you.
Actually I'll be down in Portsmouth, OH for college until May, otherwise I'd be up for it. During the summer I'll be back in Van Wert, however, so we can organize something for a different tournament.

Also if for whatever reason you guys aren't able to arrange housing, I may be able to house you guys at my dorm, depending on how many of you there are. We can house 2 comfortably, but extras would have to sleep on the floor most likely (which is hardwood, mind you). We live an hour and a half from Morehead. But the Morehead guys are super awesome about housing, so I doubt you'll have any trouble lol.

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
That's totally fine dude, I just wasn't sure what your situation was and I know you mentioned Van Wert before. Hopefully it works out sometime in the summer then!

Thanks for the offer for housing by the way, if these morehead guys decide they hate me all of a sudden I'll definitely talk to you about that.

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
I definitely coming to this. Count me in for melee singles and doubles I can also bring a full set up.
Hopefully debs and I can write the second chronicle in the "Where the white women at?" series.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I'll be attending Fight Pitt on this same date, but I'll definitely be looking forward to future tournaments in the area. I could get a car from WV to attend

Tred

Smash Rookie
Me and my friends will be there.I'll try to bring a melee setup

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Bumped for hype.

Also bring setups so we can get brackets done in a timely manner and have time for side events (crew battle, amateur bracket, pro-am doubles, etc.)

Last edited:

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Got my game face on. I'll take money matches at this. I don't even care what Brawl rule set you want to use 1-stock or 3-stock.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
People can contact me via facebook, or my phone when it comes to looking for housing. Also I think someone asked about a 2nd day, there is no 2nd day for this tournament, it's all on saturday

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Have you guys determined the time for the events yet?
Looks like the venue opens at 11:00am. Brb, just gonna bump him on facebook until I get a reply. :awesome:

-edit-
I got "Brawl doubles starting as late as 1:00pm" o3o

Last edited:

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
I posted on the facebook event but for those who don't see that 10 am is when the doors open 11-11:30 will be when i start registration, and noon to 12:30 is when i would like to get stuff rolling.

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Hope I didn't come off as whiny since the written word sometimes does that for me.
Can't wait to see everybody there.

KP HYPE!

jaYcob

Smash Cadet
I posted on the facebook event but for those who don't see that 10 am is when the doors open 11-11:30 will be when i start registration, and noon to 12:30 is when i would like to get stuff rolling.
Maybe a dumb question, but are the events listed in the order in which they'll occur?

Just trying to work my schedule out

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Maybe a dumb question, but are the events listed in the order in which they'll occur?

Just trying to work my schedule out
From what I can tell, he's having all registration cut off at 12:30. May be able to talk him into scheduling it differently or something.

jaYcob

Smash Cadet
From what I can tell, he's having all registration cut off at 12:30. May be able to talk him into scheduling it differently or something.
Alright! Just trying to figure out when melee singles are most likely to go down

Top Bottom