• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex

GENX

Smash Rookie
Can anyone compete/participate? Or are there qualifications?

GENX

Smash Rookie
So then whats all this stuff about qualifiers and points?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Those are qualifiers are for easier ways to help seed players when they enter Apex. They aren't required, but they will help you if you wind up getting points.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Qualifier gives you seeding points to avoid the bias that would come if TOs decide to seed via judgement.

So you are qualifying to get seeded for a better round 1 pools

Anyone can come if you pay for it. You just have no seeding if you enter an event

GENX

Smash Rookie
So I'll just be put in a really bad spot is what you're saying?
Also it doesn't cost much to get in? Mostly travel fees?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
$30 to enter venue, $15 to enter singles, $10 for doubles or other events not smash related.

Its expensive compared to most smash tourneys but its also the biggest smash tourney so many people go even if they don't enter to meet other smashers from all over the world and play in MMs/friendlies

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You forget most smash tournaments are 1 day, while this is 3 so it is $10 per day which is standard

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i don't see no charge for 1 day option. Yes if you go all 3 days you essentially spent $10 a day, some people might come to spectate and then decide to come only saturday and sunday cause friday is pools

But i'm not gonna say you should add it cause that will be a mess, i should have said that its a 3 day event so you are paying for 3 days worth to enter.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ussi I know you are trying to help.

With that said the schedule has not been announced nor spectator fees. Next time drop me or staff a line bout this and we can answer it better.

Its 30 venue no matter what
:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Would it make some kind of sense to mail out lanyards and badges before apex as to avoid at least SOME of all that wasted time many people spend in line on day1?

I know mailing things to less than 500 people might seem like a waste of money and effort but everyone gains more time for friendlies or just a generally faster setup. It can't cost more than 1$ per badge mailed within U.S. mainland

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Would it make some kind of sense to mail out lanyards and badges before apex as to avoid at least SOME of all that wasted time many people spend in line on day1?

I know mailing things to less than 500 people might seem like a waste of money and effort but everyone gains more time for friendlies or just a generally faster setup. It can't cost more than 1$ per badge mailed within U.S. mainland
People forget to bring the badges

Top Bottom