• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright so unvote

So as I said before I voted Vic since why not I got nothing better to do with my vote. Curious I don't think people answered me on why they did or did not vote the slot. I need to dig back and see if anyone answered that.

So reading up on the content before I do believe Ryker and think his interactions make more sense for him in his leadership role he tends to fill when he is town. Either that or this is a gambit but I have a hard time wrapping myself with an angle where as scum this would be ideal. I also think people taking issue with him being "mean" is pretty w/e in my eyes and expects from some players reacting to him.

I like Laserguy even if I do not agree with his initial reasoning to signal out Bessie. I still see townie intent there.

Xivii Xivii The reason I signaled out you for your Bessie read is because to this point I don't see a reason to read the slot as town. If anything I am getting scum vibes from that slot for later content not really giving me a solid direction. It's a lot of words but it always leaves me empty to get any tells from it which is a red flag for me.

Bessie, Xivii, FF, and Wam can all make it to day two.

Laserguy is my best friend and obviously town.

Eido also probably town.

There's two or three more players in this game and they haven't made a large impression on me.
Why for the bolded player?

I do see why people are voting Sabrar or rather UtopianPoyzin since it is very petty and looking at odd content to focus on. I'm with Xivii Xivii on that front it's not a good look but I am not certain this could also be the player. Is there a meta call on Sabrar for this in how they act? I agree this is a scummy look but I have seen newer players who do not know what to look for doing this. Can someone answer this for me?

Either way I am more familiar with utopian sooooo, UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Can you read the thread and give me an idea where you wanna go? Whats your read list if you read back in the thread looking like?

Anyways

Vote: Bessie

I want a read list now, what has your questions and posting gotten you and why do you feel that way. You are asking a lot and doing jack all which is a red flag to me.

Reads:

Bro friends:
Ryker
Laser Guy
Malakandra

I think I want to friend them?:
FrozenFlame
Xivii
Fontisian

Idk not enough info or I am not at all sure:
Eido
Vicarin
Somitomi
Maven

They are on my radar but I don't know wat do with reading them:
Sabrar UtopianPoyzin
Wam

Die Die Die:
Bessie

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I didn't see Vicarin post at all with my catch up, where they at?

Eido Eido Where you feeling like going right now and why? Also side note why were you posting another another mafia game in this thread? Unrelated to the game just odd why right here.

somitomi somitomi Sup, let's chat, do you still got beef with me and me just giving my vote away cause why not lets help? You got an eye for anyone else?

Maven89 Maven89 Come talk to me in the here and now. Whats up, catch all the way up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bessie has been interacting with things going on, even if I don't put much value in the slot's direction. Specifically, the slot has been chasing me since the start of this phase. I have actively been egging them on. I think they're wrong. I think their takes are bad. I don't have a strong reason to believe it's scum rather than wrong. I'll take wrong over the offerings from other slots.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bessie has been interacting with things going on, even if I don't put much value in the slot's direction. Specifically, the slot has been chasing me since the start of this phase. I have actively been egging them on. I think they're wrong. I think their takes are bad. I don't have a strong reason to believe it's scum rather than wrong. I'll take wrong over the offerings from other slots.
Have they? I keep reading the posts outside of one posted between my post and then and I get almost nothing on them. They voted you for.....being yourself I guess?

I just don't see any strong push or feels when I read their past posts. Anything at you seemed like weak sauce when I read that earlier and outside of that I don't see strong directions with long length posts and make me think, what am I getting out of this?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I..... I claimed Mason. Did you miss that entirely?
Your question was "Bessie, are you voting me because you believe I am scum or because you dislike me?" Which I answered by explaining why I voted for you. At the time I voted, you had not yet claimed mason. I am considering if I want to move my vote pending reread, did you miss that entirely?

I ignored you because it was a silly question and I felt I would get more out of stirring the pot than telling you "Nobody else is cleared, obviously."
And I obviously should have known this was the reason, and that it was not a scum slip. I see. [/sarcasm]

Anyways

Vote: Bessie

I want a read list now, what has your questions and posting gotten you and why do you feel that way. You are asking a lot and doing jack all which is a red flag to me.
Where am I asking "a lot" to the point that it is unreasonable, and thus a red flag?

If my questions are producing jack, perhaps it is because I am not getting responses.

I'm not ready to do a complete reads list. Ask Maven for his.

Chaco

Never Logs In
“I feel most alive when rapidly approaching my death.”

Vote Count 1.3:

Vicarin(1): RedRyu
Wam(3): Fontisian, Laserguy, Ryker
Xivii(2): Wam
UtopianPoyzin(2): Eido, FrozenFlame
Ryker(1): Bessie

Not Voting(5):
Vicarin, Somitomi, Maven89, Malakandra, Xivii
VC Edited.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Eido Eido Where you feeling like going right now and why? Also side note why were you posting another another mafia game in this thread? Unrelated to the game just odd why right here.
Right now, Sabrar or Wam.

I don't understand your last question. Are you talking about the game I mentioned from Mafia Universe?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Talk to me more about your "I think I want to friend them" section Red Ryu.
I gotta run out the door atm but,

I think FF has his head in the right spots and gives solid reasoning with examples. I don't know meta wise the differences scum FF shows versus town but I like what he has been doing thus far and direction.

Fontisian had a bunch of posts that sat well with me, I gave them some likes before when I was reading what I missed.

Xivii is someone I do believe is scum hunting with the stuff at Sabrar but I question it a bit due to some reads not adding up and I want to get into their mind on why with Bessie mostly.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I was asked if this was my first game by Fonti.

I mentioned that specific game as trivia, as it would have been my first if it didn't get cancelled.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Quick responses before bed.
Vote Wam

somitomi somitomi Are you going to be caught up to where you can put down a vote today?
Unlikely, considering I should be sleeping already.
Sup, let's chat, do you still got beef with me and me just giving my vote away cause why not lets help? You got an eye for anyone else?
Apparently I didn't find it notable enough to remember it, so nope. I generally need to organise my thoughts on the game, particularly Ryker and Sabrar/UtopianPoyzin.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My Ryu read was premature. I think he's more likely to be scum. I'm also not certain on Laser, but I am scum leaning. I think bessie is kind of obvious town? I don't get all the shade that's being thrown at her.

The reason I signaled out you for your Bessie read is because to this point I don't see a reason to read the slot as town. If anything I am getting scum vibes from that slot for later content not really giving me a solid direction. It's a lot of words but it always leaves me empty to get any tells from it which is a red flag for me.
I don't believe this at all. Why are you not pushing Maven then? Bessie's actually playing. BTW, Ryu, you should work on addressing players by their names and pronouns rather than by "slot." It's not a big deal imo, but it's good to do.

Masons and IC is bananas to me, but I'm also having a hard time seeing why scum!Ryker would claim this early. If his claim is true, then I agree scum has to have a janitor for this to be balanced. They probably also have a protective, ninja, and doublevoter/x?

So I watched through all the character trailers:

And I have to say, this game looks pretty cool. I wish I was good enough to play games like these. Sorry to mention Revenant again, but after watching his trailer, he's more likely a jailkeeper than a ninja.

As I already said in Posts #140, #262, and #412, I did not even notice the different colors in that post (check: some text and two player names in blue, 12 player names in orange). I don't pay close attention to the colors in posts on this forum, unless I specifically think about it. Town is blue, so is Xivii and Red Ryu. Most player names and links are orange. Some forum members have custom text colors. Skim: You are using colors in #54 and #241. fonti has used colors to vote but has used blue and red. More colors scattered throughout the thread. There are a lot of quotes of Xivii's posts with colors in them. Also, I’m surprised at your failure to recognize that this can’t be discussed without discussion of my role PM or the context is lost.
It's driving me crazy that you aren't getting my perspective, but it is what it is. Thank you for the ELI5, I really didn't get it before the explanation.

This is where I'm currently sitting:

Malakandra ;)
Xivii
Fontisian
FrozenFlame

Eido, Bessie, Ryker
Somitomi

Vicarin
Maven89
Wam

LaserGuy
Sabrar
Red Ryu

Those with experience does ryker like gambiting?
Yes, he essentially does something every game. Take the best of BoomFrog and the worst of Zen and you get Ryker. I was actually looking forward to see how the Boom, Zen, Ryker dynamic would be had Boom joined. But yeah, fake claiming masons as scum is within his repertoire. In Sumting Sumting Mafia, bessie and I fake claimed masons as scum using this crumbing scheme where we typed out MASONS using the first letter of each of our posts in alternation. I got that idea from Ryker who did the same thing as scum in a previous game.

I was curious to see what bessie though of the Mason claim because it seemed like bessie and Ryker had started to do that on the first page here:

Malakandra is that really your role and not a flavor post? On xckd it was convention to post in bold if it was in modvoice, and anything else was flavor, but I don't know how it's done here.
Awesome. Who wants to see Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii forced to claim or die? I do!

Vote Xivii

On a more serious note: I do have an offer for you. I'll claim if you'll reciprocate. I don't want to have to deal with you all game and pinning you to a role you have to back should make it easier to keep you in my friends folder.
So, Ryker, who besides Malakandra has been cleared as town?
Which would explain the odd comments made in these posts, such as bessie asking about malakandra if he was really cleared. But apparently, that's not the case. I doubt bessie would fake push Ryker if they were. Further mason speculation: Ryker has been buddying Laser as a red herring, but Laser stated that he doubted masons existed in the game, so it's unlikely Laser. Frozen implied that he was aware Ryker was up to something, he was up for a mass claim which is uncharacteristic of him, and he liked Rykers stacked scum post on the first page, so it could be Frozen. However, this is odd to me because Frozen claimed that his role could easily be either alignment.

Chaco

Never Logs In
How about the Unvoting section? Should UP be there?
He is, I prematurely quoted it forward and fixed it right afterwards. Follow the link and it’s 100% accurate but does not reflect in that quoted post.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So, here it is. The catch behind my double vote...

If I vote for the entire place and unvote 7 times in a row, I immediately kill all players who haven’t told Chaco that he’s handsome in the current Day phase. Y’all better get on that, because who knows when I might activate it 😱

:joyful:
Had to hit em with the double troll. My first vote lingers. That’s all. I can move my second vote wherever I want after that. Tbh it’s a very simple ability but it seemed like it was something wild the way Sabrar mentioned that before he left so of course I had to hype it up. Also, it was Xivii who wanted to know and I was kinda given strict instructions to yeet them; well, not really strict per se but it was important enough to him to mention that in his last breath, so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing anything dumb by claiming immediately, although there really wasn’t a reason for me not to claim immediately. So take it as you will

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin you should address the bolded in your first post and you take on why your predecessor felt it important to leave a pro Xiivi yeet note upon exit

I know you can't read minds but do your best to get in his headspace
Uh probably because I’m a Xivii executioner, makes sense tbh

Top Bottom