• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
How come? And how confident are you on a scale of 1 to 10?
The meta tell I have on him checks out on B99/Vanilla for scum and TIL, Midnight and NNY for Town so I think it's probably okay. Hmm... on a scale of 1 being Maven and 10 being Malakandra, he's probably about a 6 or 7.

Whatever, Ryker doesn't even want to defend his blind claim strategy now anyway.
What do you think of the people wagoning you (particularly the non-Ryker ones)?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
but if there's no actual pressure of a lynch until that point, then no one actually feels pressured
Applying pressure and being willing to back that with a lynch if you need to is incredibly important to maximizing town's numbers advantage and force players to take sides so you can track where they are.
This a completely valid pov if the whole community is willing to yeet at any time. However in my experience this never happens and people who hammer early are considered extremely sus.
But if you can change the hivemind's thinking then I'd be willing to try it out.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't believe in trains a week before deadline. What if everybody takes you up on this and we quick-yeet because someone forgot to count the votes (which actually happened on xkcd)? And if we don't yeet right away then what purpose did it serve to put 6-7 votes on him?

BTW anyone can answer this, I legit don't get the obsession with the votes at the start of the day. It can't be even used as papertrail.
I actually think we need to start lynching sooner. What I've noticed from the past few games is that we wait until the deadline to really get things going and it doesn't leave us enough time to make a good decision based off the pressure the wagonees receive. And if lynching sooner will give us more pressure scenarios if a wagon ultimately dissipates.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
EBWOP: And lynching sooner will give us more pressure scenarios if hypothetical wagons ultimately dissipate.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
LaserGuy LaserGuy : Let's see:

Ryker - Would normally read him as scum pushing a poor strategy for town rather abrasively but going by some of the local's reactions this seems... remarkably in character for him so I'm not sure what to make of him.

Xivii - Usually would randomly switch votes around early, so not that fussed about him initially voting for me, perfectly normal behaviour by him when he wants to apply pressure. Actually kinda interesting that Ryker jumped in with their vote on me within the same minute that Xivii did his. Otherwise, the most eyecatching thing that they did was come up with a possible role and alignment for each character listed as being in the game, despite thinking that it is not alignment indicative.... Seems like a waste of time to me and appearing to be doing something useful when it really isn't.

Malakandra - Good Bot, asked by Ryker to join.

Red Ryu - Quite suspect, jumps in as 4th vote as "assisting the push" and then wants everyone to provide reasons to not join the wagon, as if joining it should be the default choice? Seems to be hoping to build up enough momentum to get me into a lynchable situation quickly before any other options present themselves.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I actually think we need to start lynching sooner. What I've noticed from the past few games is that we wait until the deadline to really get things going and it doesn't leave us enough time to make a good decision based off the pressure the wagonees receive. And if lynching sooner will give us more pressure scenarios if a wagon ultimately dissipates.
I am also in agreement with this, if only because I've been in too many games where the deadline ends up at a time where I'm asleep and then this entire new wagon appears out of nowhere without me being able to see or react to what's going on.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So thinking it over some more, I actually do think there are things we can get from flavor claims. While alignments are randomized, roles are not. And some roles are likely to be a certain alignment. So a bad character isn't necessarily mafia, but a ninja is probably going to be a ninja. And a ninja is probably mafia.

badguy.PNG

I don't want a mass flavor claim, but with this in mind, I actually do think Revenant should claim (just their name). Mainly because I'm curious to see if it's one of my town reads or one of my scum reads. Additionally, because he is likely a ninja and there's no other role that would be apparent from his claim, we won't be outing their role to mafia if they are indeed town.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I know that you got at least 2 guesses wrong in your list so I'm not going to take your Ninja guess at anything even close to certain. I'm opposed to flavor-claiming just for the purpose of AI guesses.

Wam

Smash Ace
I think the claim discussion is getting a little bit pointless now and slightly suspicious. It's a very easy way for scum to look busy and involved.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Mainly because I'm curious to see if it's one of my town reads or one of my scum reads.
You obviously want to use the information for alignment read. I'm saying that it's irrelevant. So claiming doesn't serve any purpose for town.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I think the claim discussion is getting a little bit pointless now and slightly suspicious. It's a very easy way for scum to look busy and involved.
So bring us another topic. Make a case.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
This is armchair mafia critic bull****, so please don't take this as a major alignment indicative post, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves in mafia.
Why did you feel the need to include this disclaimer? What could have been my thought process in your opinion to find you sus because of your reasoning?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This a completely valid pov if the whole community is willing to yeet at any time. However in my experience this never happens and people who hammer early are considered extremely sus.
But if you can change the hivemind's thinking then I'd be willing to try it out.
I've done it before. This #HBC **** is a part of DGames history pushing toward that sort of play.

Hammering should be sus, but that doesn't mean we can't be content with offing people.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why did you feel the need to include this disclaimer? What could have been my thought process in your opinion to find you sus because of your reasoning?
It's the opposite. I don't want people reading me positively for that (which also happens to be the reason you could read it as scum trying to gain town points).

Discussing mafia mechanics in game isn't suspect, in and of itself, but substituting mechanical conversation for actual contribution is.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn’t mind anyone else answering this too. ^
I want to see the game get rolling and this seems like a good way to get people talking outside of what people were doing.

it’s a talking point outside of mass claiming. I can dig RVS but this seems like a good way to get people to give stances in future depending what happens here.

do you think the other talk about other people want to lynch or vote on habit will be a tell for anyone?
Hey everyone, Let’s jump on the Vic train, if you don’t want to, tell me why. I want to hear where you would think of going.
I don't really see any reason to do so, Vicarin getting into an argument indicates nothing more than that Vicarin is in the game.
who is the most suspicious to you now and why?

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
LaserGuy LaserGuy Ok cool. Just one followup - do you believe the proposal was more of a threat to Mafia, or a blessing, or none of that?

I wouldn’t mind anyone else answering this too. ^
It's kind of both. It puts them in a small box of having to claim a role upfront, but it also gives them information about the town power roles. To me the overall outcome seems negative for town (and therefore positive to mafia), especially since some players seem to be on the opinion that town power roles should just reveal themselves.
I want to see the game get rolling and this seems like a good way to get people talking outside of what people were doing.

it’s a talking point outside of mass claiming. I can dig RVS but this seems like a good way to get people to give stances in future depending what happens here.

do you think the other talk about other people want to lynch or vote on habit will be a tell for anyone?
No, I think it's just banter. What gave you the impression that I thought it would be?
Hey everyone, Let’s jump on the Vic train, if you don’t want to, tell me why. I want to hear where you would think of going.
I don't really see any reason to do so, Vicarin getting into an argument D1 indicates nothing more than that Vicarin is in the game.
who is the most suspicious to you now and why?
You, purely because I couldn't read you if my life depended on it. :reverse:
Oh and fontisan who hasnt posted any content yet.

Vote fontisan
That's weird coming from you, because eariler you agreed with fonti's opinion on the mass claim. Is that not content? If so, is the entire discussion about the mass claim not content, or just fonti's post about it? Why?

Wam

Smash Ace
I agree with fonts mass claim point. But if you look at all of fonts posts they re all throwaway casual points. Basically active lurking.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Also I'm working on the little list of tasks thing, I wish I knew most people here better so I could come up with something.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I agree with fonts mass claim point. But if you look at all of fonts posts they re all throwaway casual points. Basically active lurking.
"Active lurking" implies a level if activity I haven't had. I was here at daystart, checked in onceor twice, and then not at all.

Back up your points more, please.

Maven89

Smash Master
Sorry, I thought the game was supposed to start yesterday, and I got distracted watching the giants choke on my dream of a failing eagle. I’ll get to this today.

It appears I missed RVS, so hello I’m Wallace the Jailor vote: Tom

Wam

Smash Ace
"Active lurking" implies a level if activity I haven't had. I was here at daystart, checked in onceor twice, and then not at all.

Back up your points more, please.
Ok fhen we have 5 pages. What have you got from them?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok fhen we have 5 pages. What have you got from them?
We'll get there when we get there. I haven't deep dived yet.

I'd like you to explain more. Why say active lurking specifically? Why do you think my behavior is scum indicative without the buzzwords?

Wam

Smash Ace
Because it comes across as trying to avoid attention. Which is scummy town dont care if they have attention.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Because it comes across as trying to avoid attention. Which is scummy town dont care if they have attention.
Yes, active lurking can be an attempt to avoid attention. That is, however, not what as I was doing, as I was not being active. Again, what about /what I was doing/ was scummy?

Wam

Smash Ace
You had 7 posts with sweet f all that is AI other than a lamist. So how is that not active?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok some questions below:

What do you mean? There's no other role that would be apparent. So if he's not ninja, no harm no foul.
The chart you gave, I think on page 2, listed characters with flavour and roles. Revenant is a character you've referenced twice now over the others.

How much Apex lore do you know?

Oh and fontisan who hasnt posted any content yet.

Vote fontisan
I've totally assumed Sabrar was more important to you when reading back. Why did you choose fontisian above Xivii, Ryker, Sabrar?

It's kind of both. It puts them in a small box of having to claim a role upfront, but it also gives them information about the town power roles. To me the overall outcome seems negative for town (and therefore positive to mafia), especially since some players seem to be on the opinion that town power roles should just reveal themselves.
Ok thanks for replying. I've been asking myself the same question too.

Who are some of these players you speak of? Are you able to determine whether they have good guy or bad guy intent here?

Top Bottom