• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
There are three things that provoke overwhelming fear for me: being trapped underwater while being eternally revived is one of them.
Yes... I don't usually get a visceral reaction to horror anymore, but that scene really bothered me.

Right, I didn't request for flavor claims there.
So what was the point of this speculation then?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii Are you able to say how she answered, and how that affected your tone read?

I found this place in one of the threads in the What's New section. It happened to coincide with playing Among Us and I thought 'this would make a really interesting hobby.'

I'm loving the idea of a 'whodunnit' type of game :reverse:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There are a load of ex xkcd players.
which forum was this?

What about this post did you feel needed to chill? Of all the posts Ryker has made, this is an odd one to call out.
What movie?
You're not voting Vic either. Why are you not voting?
I do not know what you are saying here. What does "who knows know from past game" mean? Anyway, you've played with Laser, Sabrar, and bessie in Crossover mafia.
I don't recall asking for flavor claims.
Outside of old school players of dgames I have zero idea who anyone else is. Sorry.

Which forum was this?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
LaserGuy LaserGuy If the idea of a mass claim was proposed by someone you think is probably Town, how do you think Mafia have acted towards it?

I'm referring to this quote:

I don't want a mass claim. I don't disagree with the argument for it in principle, and for sure I have played in setups that could have been broken easily by a mass claim, I just agree with fonti that it's the least fun option. But I think Ryker is probably Town for proposing it.

Vicarin has a low tolerance for shenanigans of any kind and I don't feel that his reaction is strongly alignment indicative.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy If the idea of a mass claim was proposed by someone you think is probably Town, how do you think Mafia have acted towards it?
I haven't seen any reactions that have really stood out as particularly interesting except maybe Vicarin. The problem with using a mass claim proposal to generate reads is that's it's an issue lots of people have opinions about so it is easy for them react to it naturally if they are mafia. In Vicarin's case, I've played with him before and have seen him react aggressively to these sorts of gambits both as Town and as scum, so I don't feel confident drawing any strong conclusions about him just yet.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
since when does Sab LAMIST? I know it's RVS but still
I can't recall what game it was, but it didn't strike me as particularly odd and for the moment I'm gonna trust my gut and say that it's not OOC.
I want to help the push. Nothing else stood out to me from what I read.
Yes, but the question wasn't "why did you vote Vicarin?", but "why do you want to help the push?" and now that you dodget answering that, I'm a little extra curious about the answer.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Irrelevant, the question is whether a D1 mass claim in that game would have broken it. And for that you do not have to read through the whole game, just check the role pm-s at the end.

Disagree, a D1 mass claim would have caused serious issues for scum because Mafia and SK can't coordinate to block Doc and kill Cop.
Yup, and if you read the PMs, you'd know that they wouldn't need to really because SK could block Doc and kill Cop by themselves.

I refuse.
Ok, guess we ain't mass claiming then. Good talk.

Because I want to give him the false hope that I might not end up voting him at the end.
😢

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Look At Me I'm So Towny is the abbreviation, apparently means like saying you are towny

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Stuff like the aforementioned quotes or coming in after a missed lynch and going "Oh man, this sucks. I'm just so sad about this."

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Oh is it? That's easy to remember :cool:

I was thinking it meant being lame or something

Thanks!

bessie

Smash Journeyman
It is in bold. It also should have been obvious to you from the color.
I missed the bold because of the color. I guess I was thinking something in modvoice would have the whole passage in bold like the votals are.

So, Ryker, who besides Malakandra has been cleared as town?
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker are you going to respond to this?

Malakandra, you have a license to lurk. I suggest you use it rather than giving replies for other people to parrot. You talked about not getting pocketed, you can accomplish that by not letting people know where you stand until you have something you need to push for. You have no one to answer to, so don't give people the answers that you want to hear.
I don’t like this, you’re basically telling a player not to contribute to the discussion, of which I do not approve. And this particular player is confirmed town, so it is important we have his voice throughout the day, even if he keeps his reads to himself until end of day.

Why does vic always end up in a mass claim argument?
From my recollection, Vicarin is usually the player pushing for claims. Interesting no one that knows him has brought this up.

What are you hiding beneath that cute doggy avatar?
You got me. Here's what I really look like:
sad bessie.PNG

Dog fighting is illegal you know...
Then Sabrar and I should have gone to jail years ago. :laugh:

On a completely different matter I would be interested in a mass claim because it transforms the game into a puzzle but I'm aware that most people do not share my pov on this.
I do see your pov on the puzzle part, but I enjoy more figuring out the game from night results and flips, rather than trying to use abilities to optimize strategy on D1.

I am against claiming.

I'd like insight on his motivations with this post. Does anyone have a game with him on the books?
Sorry, our forum is gone, that’s why we’re here. You can check out the xkcd game archive in this post, see Brooklyn 99 Mafia and Newbie New Year Mafia.

Just curious, are a lot of people here new or from a different site in a cross forum game? If so who knows know from past game.
....I wish I could recall this.;_;
We’re from xkcd. Our forum is gone. You played a game with us once. You can check out the aforementioned xkcd game archive in this post, see Crossover Mafia.

I’m still waiting for Vicarin to apologize for not missing me. :p

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy Ok cool. Just one followup - do you believe the proposal was more of a threat to Mafia, or a blessing, or none of that?
Hard to say without knowing the setup. Conventional wisdom is that mass claims (or any claims) are not great for Town early in the game, but some setups do have some breakings strategies.

To be clear, I'm not townreading Ryker because I think the proposal is necessarily a good idea. I just find his progression at how he arrived at the idea to be very natural and townie.

fontisian fontisian LaserGuy LaserGuy

If day ended in 20 minutes, who would you vote to lynch? Shoot in the dark or someone who's been posting? If so who, obvously.
I'm already voting for bessie.

I missed the bold because of the color. I guess I was thinking something in modvoice would have the whole passage in bold like the votals are.
I am concerned that you do not find the color significant.

LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy what is your read on somi?
I think he's Town.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can't recall what game it was, but it didn't strike me as particularly odd and for the moment I'm gonna trust my gut and say that it's not OOC.

Yes, but the question wasn't "why did you vote Vicarin?", but "why do you want to help the push?" and now that you dodget answering that, I'm a little extra curious about the answer.
I want to see the game get rolling and this seems like a good way to get people talking outside of what people were doing.

it’s a talking point outside of mass claiming. I can dig RVS but this seems like a good way to get people to give stances in future depending what happens here.

do you think the other talk about other people want to lynch or vote on habit will be a tell for anyone?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hey everyone, Let’s jump on the Vic train, if you don’t want to, tell me why. I want to hear where you would think of going.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What was the early tell off hand?
This is answered below the post you quoted. What made you go from page 3 (the posts you quoted from somi and Ryker) to page 1 (the post you quoted from me)?
I think he's Town.
How come? And how confident are you on a scale of 1 to 10?

bessie bessie why aren't you voting?

somitomi somitomi who is the most suspicious to you now and why?

Malakandra Malakandra you should assign missions for people to complete throughout the day that will provide alignment indicative content. For example:

"somi is to make a substantial and convincing case on a player by at least the fourth day into the phase."
"Vicarin is to post an interaction analysis between Ryker, Sabrar, Laser, and Frozen on the 7th day of the phase."

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don’t like this, you’re basically telling a player not to contribute to the discussion, of which I do not approve. And this particular player is confirmed town, so it is important we have his voice throughout the day, even if he keeps his reads to himself until end of day.
This you?

IT Clown.jpg

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sorry, our forum is gone, that’s why we’re here. You can check out the xkcd game archive in this post, see Brooklyn 99 Mafia and Newbie New Year Mafia.
I am far too lazy to read a game looking for nothing in specific. I just wanted to know who has played with him before. Thanks though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I haven't seen any reactions that have really stood out as particularly interesting except maybe Vicarin. The problem with using a mass claim proposal to generate reads is that's it's an issue lots of people have opinions about so it is easy for them react to it naturally if they are mafia. In Vicarin's case, I've played with him before and have seen him react aggressively to these sorts of gambits both as Town and as scum, so I don't feel confident drawing any strong conclusions about him just yet.
From my recollection, Vicarin is usually the player pushing for claims. Interesting no one that knows him has brought this up.
These seem to answer your question #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker . What do you draw from the answers and the discrepancy between the two?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The former seems much more informed on how Vicarin would react. I have had the latter one sitting there waiting to come back to it based on future input, but without meta of my own, it's hard to do anything with at this juncture.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Yup, and if you read the PMs, you'd know that they wouldn't need to really because SK could block Doc and kill Cop by themselves.
I obviously read the pm-s and the SK doesn't know how to purposefully block someone. "Unknown to Smoke monster, these are the results of the forms he takes. "
Your move chief.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, Let’s jump on the Vic train, if you don’t want to, tell me why. I want to hear where you would think of going.
I don't believe in trains a week before deadline. What if everybody takes you up on this and we quick-yeet because someone forgot to count the votes (which actually happened on xkcd)? And if we don't yeet right away then what purpose did it serve to put 6-7 votes on him?

BTW anyone can answer this, I legit don't get the obsession with the votes at the start of the day. It can't be even used as papertrail.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I obviously read the pm-s and the SK doesn't know how to purposefully block someone. "Unknown to Smoke monster, these are the results of the forms he takes. "
Your move chief.
a) Still had the capability to do so, and would block at least 1 person a day (along with the Mafia roleblocker).
b) Staking the game on hoping that scum are as badly off as a setup that people in the postgame seemed to think was town-biased seems optimistic to the extreme.

Whatever, Ryker doesn't even want to defend his blind claim strategy now anyway.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Do you understand the concept that the SK didn't even know he could block someone AND that he would have needed to choose correctly from a random guess?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't believe in trains a week before deadline. What if everybody takes you up on this and we quick-yeet because someone forgot to count the votes (which actually happened on xkcd)? And if we don't yeet right away then what purpose did it serve to put 6-7 votes on him?

BTW anyone can answer this, I legit don't get the obsession with the votes at the start of the day. It can't be even used as papertrail.
Okay sick, let's not play the game til the final day.

This mindset is ****ed up and many communities are stuck on it. The deadline is there, and we CAN utilize the time, but if there's no actual pressure of a lynch until that point, then no one actually feels pressured and town's ADD means that if you just don't actually interact with it, they'll find something else to do if they're shooting the **** until deadline. Scum can also take either side of a wagon they think will be beneficial because, with no threat of a lynch, they can just sit on their buddy for most of a phase and attempt to walk away with credit for having "pushed" that slot.

Applying pressure and being willing to back that with a lynch if you need to is incredibly important to maximizing town's numbers advantage and force players to take sides so you can track where they are.

This is armchair mafia critic bull****, so please don't take this as a major alignment indicative post, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves in mafia.

Top Bottom