• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex and Genesis

Noa.

Smash Master
Congratulations on everyone who made it to Apex. I wish that I could have gone, but I had too much stuff to do anyway (along with I'm not good enough).

So, what did you think about Apex? Were there any notable matches that you learned a lot from? Do you feel like you did well or were you not so successful?

Just share your Apex experiences.

And what do you expect from Genesis? Planning on anything special for it?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol i'm surprised nobody made this thread yet till now:p

i wanted to go but my parent's wouldn't let me go
and even if i had gone,i didn't have enough money to afford to stay in hotels lol

where's genesis again?o_o

lou4222

Smash Lord
I cant wait to see the UTD Zach videos teaming with Razer. I team with a Snake and we have a lot of potential. UTD and Razer are tearing it up right now. I know there are vids online right now but they are ripped off the stream and in horrible quality.

Also I was wondering who UTD and Hylian played/beat and lost to at Apex. Also are there any vids of these?
But way to rep guys! I cant wait to go to a national tourney.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
He also used only G&W, unlike a lot of other G&WBRers.
Zac did a good job.
Would like to hear about how everyone else did, though.

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
Apex was bunk for me. It was a bit more poor luck than anything. My pool was all snake players and I main g&w exclusively (working on D3 but not there yet for the snake match up) Outside of snakes I beat a lucario player named Leen 2-0 and there was ninja edd who played diddy kong and beat me in close matches. **** diddy kongs. Other than that I had to take on all snakes which was pretty ****ty. Most of the matches went 2-1 in their favor because they started snake then switched to marth or mk (which I had no problem beating). So I pretty much learned that I really need to find a way to beat snake players or I'm screwed.

Friendlies and mm's went great though, I dominated most. Lost a mm to rush (diddy) and won my long awaited rematch vs Tantalus.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I have been looking for the Apex bracket and cant find it anywhere. It would be nice to see who the GW players beat and lost to. UTD and Razer are UNREAL. I was so pumped to see them get second.

Vinnie

Smash Master
He also used only G&W, unlike a lot of other G&WBRers.
Zac did a good job.
Would like to hear about how everyone else did, though.
I got 33rd / 224 going all gnw :3

I lost to:

Razer in pools. I went 0-2 with him, but the matches were actually close. I had him at 1 stock 93% 2nd match on brinstar. 1st match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLm5IOBkgN0&fmt=18

Smash64 in pools. I wasn't really concentrating against his snake, I got 1-2'd, but 3rd match I was just flailing around, and playing with my hands, and not my head. Oh well.

I 2-0'd blast, Phase, and Kingtoon. Phase and Kingtoon used TL, so that was sort of an accomplishment.

Then I 2-1'd blackanese, he used MK.

I left the pool with 9 wins and 5 losses, getting 3rd seed, next to blackanese who went 9-4 ~_~

First match was against Xisin's marth, where I got 2-0'd. First good marth I've ever played. 2nd match was close, first one I got ***** lol. Then a bye in the loser's bracket. Then I faced this MK named Jay-Smash and went 2-1. Then I faced Rhyme's Samus and went 2-1. Then I lost to Afro's snake, those matches were close, too. Still 0-2'd though lol.

MMs

Green = Win, Red = Lose

2$ MM against Rush's Diddy -- I kind of got ***** =/ The only match I won was on brinstar. lol.
1$ MM against Vex's ganon -- LOL I TRIPPED SO MUCH INTO HIS SMASHES >.<!!! LOL
1$ MM against Vex's bowser -- so close... stupid sd ;-;
5$ MM against Hylian's ICs -- ICs on brinstar are impossible to play xD
1$ MM against knightmare and kai in teams, with blackanese -- they were fun =]
1$ MM agianst Clai's ganon -- Not too bad of a ganon :)
1$ MM against SK's ICs -- I have to stop missing the A button, I got grabbed out of the judgment hammer lag too many times. I fail. lol
1$ MM against Blackanese's MK -- too close. We're too even =]

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Zac is too pro ^_^. <3 Texas.

I MM'ed Blackenese and 2 stocked his IC's, then 3 stocked his GW on brinstar lol. I'm pretty ****ing good at GW dittos :p.

I ran into Afro Thundah early in losers in my bracket, and his snake just demolished my GW :/. I do much better against Razer. I was counting on him staying in winners when I looked at the brackets going into losers first round :p. Didn't happen that way lol.

Noa.

Smash Master
I'm glad that Afro did well. He beat a lot of players.

He said apex was his last tournament for brawl, but then he decided that apex was too fun and stayed competitive.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Zac is too pro ^_^. <3 Texas.

I MM'ed Blackenese and 2 stocked his IC's, then 3 stocked his GW on brinstar lol. I'm pretty ****ing good at GW dittos :p.

I ran into Afro Thundah early in losers in my bracket, and his snake just demolished my GW :/. I do much better against Razer. I was counting on him staying in winners when I looked at the brackets going into losers first round :p. Didn't happen that way lol.
I lost to Afro right before you did ;_; I got him down to 1 stock both times... I lost to pretty much every snake I faced, but I got each one down to 1 stock lol

my first round pools match ended so weirdly, I want it made into a gif for my sig or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLm5IOBkgN0&fmt=18

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I lost to Afro right before you did ;_; I got him down to 1 stock both times... I lost to pretty much every snake I faced, but I got each one down to 1 stock lol

my first round pools match ended so weirdly, I want it made into a gif for my sig or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLm5IOBkgN0&fmt=18
Man... That ending was brutal. If you played that match more patently you could have won. >_>

Top Bottom