• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Results

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
I hate how non final smash 64 sets were streamed while not one minute of brawl was streamed. This was possibly brawl's last national and they couldn't record one set when it was definitely possible.
edit: I think Smash 64 is a great game and deserved stream time as well, but not even brawl GF was streamed.
I kinda agree with you, but no one really cared about brawl, everyone was interested in melee and smash 4, it's not right that it wasn't streamed but that's just how things are

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
by the way, i heard from some smashers that the audience was being very disrespectful by chanting a melee chant. that true? can someone explain what happend?

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
They were chanting it during Smash 4.
wow.......so disrespectful >.> i know not everyone likes the game, but seriously?

i understand because smash 4 took so long, but it's mostly because they made every match Bo5, which i didn't like, which made the matches take too long.

that really made me disappointed in the community right now. i know i will get a warning for saying that, but that's my opinion!

this is brawl all over again, and that's not a good thing :(

Last edited:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
:4diddy:HOO HAH :4diddy:

Overall amazing tournament. Loved the crowd. Shoutouts to Twitch/Redbull/GimR/Everyone else who saved APEX and made this possible.

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
So, uh... what happened to that announcment that JC was hyping up?

JackMcCloud18

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jack_McCloud
3DS FC
4639-8950-8890
Apex 2015 was an amazing venue! Its got me really excited to get back into the competitive scene after leaving it for college. I've got a long way to go before I'm confident though. xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Having been at the event I only had one problem and that was how melee was some kind of special treatment. I don't know who in the apex staff or whomever had set this up for melee, but as soon as r1 pools are taking place these giants speakers became active that played the audio in melee at the stream setup.

Yeah melee is an awesome game, but 500 others entrants playing r1 pool matches don't need to be hearing the melee stream audio at full blast. The worst being that at times the speakers would like malfunction or something and it would cause a loud static noise.

From what I heard as certain matches were being played as this loud audio was disrupting players in their matches. For example when one of speakers malfunctioned or disconnected it made a loud static sound and the loud noise made Sky's ears hurt and caused one of his ears to bleed.

There was another case when a japanese player had been playing a match and then those speakers made that same loud noise. This caused the japanese player to drop his controller mid match and he covered his ears because of the noise. Other people even complained about even just the melee audio on blast as well.

Like really? It was as if someone needed to let EVERYONE know that melee was at apex. I know the Dul0r didn't arrange for the speakers because he even said that he didn't know why it was setup like that. There were even attempts to lower the volume and it was lowered down, but when hype matches were about to happen they turned up the volume.

In the beginning those speakers should have stayed off. I put money that those speakers are also reponsible for some dqs that took place in some event because people could not hear that their match is being called.

Regardless Apex was a pretty ok event, but I think it could have been better if certain things were done.

On a side note there was a decision made to put smash 4 and melee on vgbc's stream. Idk why, but they did it. If anything team spooky should have had smash4 and vgbc should have had melee.

Last edited:

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
Diddy 1st place (sm4sh), so unexpectable...
I mean to be fair:

- ZeRo has been playing since day -60
- he's one of the few truly dedicated Diddy mains
- only 3 Diddy's made top 16, all three dedicated mains
- the other Diddy's ended up in losers, m2k lost to Olimar... Which ZeRo then beat

That seems pretty reasonable. not to pick on just your comment, but seems to be the common thing to say and I don't think that's really fair.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Great tourney, had a great time, i made it really far in Wii U singles, and Congrats to Zero for taking the trophy

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
Remember
#ThouShallNotSleepOnTheKid
not the biggest Mang0 fan, but he doesn't do his best in Apex, like ever. He will return to form in Evo and possibly MLG.
*insert mandatory no johns comment here*

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
where can I watch the replays for both Melee and Sm4sh?

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I am happy with the results, of course I cheered for Armada. But I still feel like PPMD deserved this win. But it would've been awesome if Armada won.
FÖR SVERIGE I TIDEN.

D

Deleted member

That was a good Apex and I am glad to see a Luigi make it into top 16 for Smash 4.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
If the winner was a character other than Diddy Kong in both singles and doubles, I would not be complaining. But I hate the results of Smash 4 more than the results of Melee by a landslide; talk about little diversity of characters...on both.

(Also, anyone mind telling me what these Nintendo announcement rumors were about?)

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
I only dislike how Diddy won both singles and doubles, and how the top doubles team was double Diddy. M2K/Zero would win as other characters no doubt, I just don't like diddy at all. Seriously his chimp noises are so bloody annoying.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
While I understand how much it sucks that the event ran long, I honestly think that was to be expected. I mean, we took a 3 day event and condensed it to 2 days without cutting anything. This was kind of bound to happen.

Also what's these complaints about character diversity in Melee or Sm4sh? They both had a good number of different characters represented.

There were 9 different characters in Sm4sh top 8 and 17 different characters in top 16.

Melee also had 6 different characters in Melee top 8.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
DID JUST A OLIMAR CAME SECOND?!
AND M2K WAS REKT BY DABUS OLIMAR...
Olimar is love, Olimar is life.

Zero win because HE really feeling Smash 4 than any other melee player.
Diddy is the new Fox Wannabe.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Props to aMSa for bringing the Yoshi hype yet again, tough times for mang0 though. Good to see a mix of characters in the Smash 4 top 8, as well.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
As someone who was cheering for Armada at the end, PPMD deserved that win with his Marth after the reset. He was going ham!
But also can't forget to mention Armada's Fox! (best in the world?)

Top Bottom