• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Why is that? My capture card is as easy as pressing a button and letting it record on a laptop.
Thats cool. It takes more then a press of a button. like keeping track of who is playing what game it is etc.

so, what, you're gonna devise a way to telepathically transmit the matches to our brains?
Why would I wanna do that?. I'm happy just playing the game with friends.

B Link

Smash Lord
Recording es importante. A lot of people where I live get into the ssb64 scene because they've watched the vids from big tourneys.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Honestly when you reach certain stages of the tournament, I don't really think players should have a choice on whether their matches are recorded or not.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Recording should always be up to those playing...in any situation where someone doesn't wish to be recorded...they shouldn't be.
yea, people can choose not to enter a major tournament. but once they do they've agreed to any tourny stipulations, including later matches being recorded.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
where are you looking james? i've found some as cheap as like ~1500 on the net

might just sneak on a cruise ship or something though, save some dosh

clubbadubba

Smash Master
in short, yes. if you show up to a major tourney, expect to be recorded. Not recording to appease the one or two people who don't want to be recorded is like negotiating with terrorists. whats next? refusing to play on a tv unless it is exactly 25"? Rocking chairs only? No crowd allowed to watch the matches? no. once you enter a tourney, you play by tourny director's rules.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^i was going to mention that, but the difference in professional sports is that players essentially are paid by the audience.

However, in a case like the Olympics, where the athletes are not paid, they certainly have no choice in whether or not they are televised once they enter the Olympics. If Michael Phelps refused to participate unless his events weren't televised, would the Olympic Committee comply? Of course not. So yea I take that back good point Pete.

Morin0

Smash Lord
So you are saying it's more valuable to record all matches, then to have players that might not want to be recorded show up?
I don't think I've been to a tournament where they record every single match people play, lol. In my experience, there's usually one or two main recording set-ups where the big matches are streamed and recorded. Save for a random laptop that's also recording but not streaming. I don't think any reasonable player would not attend a tournament because they'll get get recorded if that's what you meant.

In other words, unless you make it into WS for example, you won't get recorded unless you specifically want to play on a set-up that's recording.

Which reminds me. Here's a video of me playing at a Brawl tournament and I had the chance of playing on a set-up that was streaming and recording (hence why there's a video lol). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPN5zg0IQe0 I'm POOP.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
man, am i the only one who thinks olikus comes off as somewhat condescending, even if he doesn't mean to be?

and trust me, i know condescending, given that it's my default mode of communication

no offence meant, oli

Olikus

Smash Champion
man, am i the only one who thinks olikus comes off as somewhat condescending, even if he doesn't mean to be?

and trust me, i know condescending, given that it's my default mode of communication

no offence meant, oli
everyone loves me so it doesnt matter what you think.

okay that was a bit harsh even for me. But yeah its intentional. Im never angry or mean <3 Just goofing poeple.

The Star King

Smash Hero

no offence meant, oli
Prettt sure it's intentional. Oli is like the most subtle troll on the boards lol

I must admit he has successfully irked me before, which is pretty difficult

Oh and I agree with King Funk/clubba/Pete

/late

Olikus

Smash Champion
I don't. And before you say it doesn't matter, I know it doesn't, but that's not everyone.
sad to hear man. Im not trolling when I said you are one of my best smash friends. too bad the feelings are not mutural =(

Sangoku

Smash Master
sad to hear man. Im not trolling when I said you are one of my best smash friends. too bad the feelings are not mutural =(
Well, it's hard to say I love someone I haven't even met I guess. Maybe if one day we both show up at a tournament or something we could become best smash friends :).

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I don't think that many people opt not to join tournaments just because they fear being recorded. From my personal experience, when I new on the scene, the prospect of being recorded was exciting to me.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I don't think that many people opt not to join tournaments just because they fear being recorded. From my personal experience, when I new on the scene, the prospect of being recorded was exciting to me.
Yeah, this is what I said earlier. It's interesting that you mention the last part in your post. Because I remember feeling the exact way :)

:phone:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea man being recorded and put online makes you a celebrity or something. I love being recorded. I hate when people like knitephox record me and don't uplaod it :mad:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Hey clubba, can I have your autograph?

Oh, Knitephox didn't even bother uploading your videos... never mind. You're a nobody.

:troll:

Top Bottom