• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Bracket + Predictions thread (tio file posted)

The Star King

Smash Hero
also holy ****ing **** japanese players showed the US what what
Actually they showed Canada :troll:

Maybe it's just me but I am not very surprised a top Japan player beat Boom, as great as Boom is. Japan has a large and active scene, so they SHOULD be good overall. I WOULD be surprised if Brazil did the same thing, or Europe or Australia or whatever

I'm not gonna lie though, I probably would have put Boomfan over Kikoushi in my bracket predictions. I'm just saying I'm not too surprised it went the other way.

Why did you go Falcon first game Boomfan? You know he's gonna play Kirby regardless...

This makes Jousuke all the godlier

The Star King

Smash Hero
Like usual, twitch.tv won't work (audio but no video and can't log into chat)

**** that website dunno why people think it's any good

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
This is Sensei.

You guys who didn't come are missing out, BIG TIME.

Also, the recorded matches are EPIC. Can't wait to watch them online with commentary.

The Japanese are very good and I love their play style. Very technical and unique.

I'm going to play against Jaime today to break the tie for 5th place.

Stay tuned for that and matches for top 4!

Can Isai's Mario win the whole thing and reclaim America's title, or will the Japanese conquer the US, or will Boom unite Canada for justice?

Only one way to find out!

kabal

Smash Apprentice
This is the most epic **** I've ever seen... wish I could have gone.

I also wish Isai would play Pika a little more!

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
GJ Kikoushi. Isai, feel free to use good characters in serious matches someday.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I feel like smash would die if Isai only played pika and won everything. There needs to be a fun and competitive environment for a video game to be popular and the competition dies pretty quick if one player is always on top. Plus its only like $1k. I feel like Isai would pay that much to keep smash alive

GG

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Now that Isai has lost with Low tier (2012) and high tier (2013) that leaves top tier for 2014.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah as much as I would like to see Isai win, I think him making it close is a good thing

Him 3 stocking Kikoushi repeatedly with Pikachu probably wouldn't be as hype

@Yobo Mario isn't high tier

That was easily the most excited I've been watching 64, awesome stuff

kabal

Smash Apprentice
I agree the games wouldn't have been as amazing if Isai played Pika, but he could at least switch to Pika on his final game.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
A switch to Pika in the final game would have put Isai's johns in jeopardy if he somehow choked.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I agree the games wouldn't have been as amazing if Isai played Pika, but he could at least switch to Pika on his final game.
Kind of a **** move though and defeats the whole purpose of playing a "worse" character. That's equivalent to Isai saying, "Alright, I'm done trolling you."

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman

And Thanks to BattleCow for saying "Killer Di" Live
Gald you appreciate my work :smirk:

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Apex people better get some vids of Isai beating Kikoushi for Youtube or else Isai's reputation will be permanently tarnished.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
yeah nintendude and battlecow did a good job commentating.

i was kind of hoping isai went fox but as long as he had fun with mario.

although i wanted to see isai or boom win i think it's kind of good kikoushi won, maybe more japanese players will come over next year. kikoushi has to defend that title!

this makes me hate kirby even more now though..

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
isai's fox was getting trashed in friendlies vs ruoka, but idk if he was playing seriously.

andd yes yes! more out-of-country people for next year = hype. Maybe we can get Peru + Europe into the mix, in addition to the people who came out this year

MATTS!

Smash Ace
ALL hail KIKOUSHI, pwnin isai

my predictions were almost right on,

isai or kikoushi in 1st, and the other **** and Jaime and boom in 3rd 4th and 5th. Im to good.

MATTS! vs. Kikoushi for APEX 2014 for the title. PWNED.

The Great MATTS!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Apex people better get some vids of Isai beating Kikoushi for Youtube or else Isai's reputation will be permanently tarnished.
Stop posting.

yeah nintendude and battlecow did a good job commentating.
Yeah I was impressed. It was much better than Sensei + Dogy last year (no offense). Especially since I never got around to watching Battlecow's audition lol

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
I still vote tigerbombz for commentary.

Did you guys catch the DI from kikoushi? it was crazy. When we thought that J players didn't DI, it ended up being that bc of such little DI in J version, they DI sooooo much harder than we do.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm out of words... So glad Kikoushi won. I still remember that day I met him in Tokyo and told him about Apex 2013. I never thought he'd end up going there.

Sadly, Kikoushi told me the other day that he is quitting Smash after Apex, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see a rematch.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to kikoushi. Can't wait to see the matches! Hope you guys recorded a lot matches and other stuff

:phone:

prisonchild

Smash Ace
I'm out of words... So glad Kikoushi won. I still remember that day I met him in Tokyo and told him about Apex 2013. I never thought he'd end up going there.

Sadly, Kikoushi told me the other day that he is quitting Smash after Apex, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see a rematch.
it's best to retire on top i guess...

jousuke to repeat for kikoushi?

Dingus

Smash Cadet
Every other FG I watch japan dominates the USA. I really liked that Smash was different. GOD DAMN IT.

Zack353

Smash Ace
I don't think KF will even get top 5. From what I've seen, Japan looks really good to me. Isai should go over there and play them again. :afrainbo:
i called japan being insane way before everyone else, but everyone was like "nope america's da best japan is A tier at best we're #1 etc etc"

just watch their VIDS, guys. they're way smarter players than most of america except boom and isai. can't even imagine how good jousuke is. i still think boom could have beat kikoushi with pikachu but isai is too good at playing boom it seems

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nobody cares. That's not hard to predict. I also predicted King Funk not top 5 on the same page above you so yeah.

Top Bottom