• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AP Exams... Oh dear.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Oh crap. I got AP Exams starting this week. I don't know how many of you took them today, but these kinds of exams make me nervous. So, who here is taking some, which ones, and who else here has taken them (with score if you wanna share)?

Me myself, I'm taking AP Statistics, AP Physics C: Mechanics, and AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism. I was gonna take AP Calculus AB too, but my schedule never fit it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
AP exams were super easy

though i suppose it really depends on how good your teachers are; i didn't study for the actual AP exams at all (I just retained most of the relevant knowledge throughout the class) except for reading sparknotes for the english ones :laugh:

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I never knew how to try before, so I'm sitting here procrastinating my Statistics studying I should be doing right now. I didn't retain because my class was fool of goofballs. I guess the atmosphere of your class could be detrimental/beneficial to your success on your AP Examinations. Boo.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm taking the Gov, Economics, and English literatures exams this year. Just took the government one earlier today, thought it went fine, though to be fair I love learning about government.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm taking Bio, Latin V Poetry, and US History. I took European History last year 1 week after I found out I was going to take the test (my class wasn't listed as an ap). Obviously I failed and got a three.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Got one this coming Thursday. Going pretty confident to it; it's English Lit.

I've been well prepared by my teacher.

~rh

Smash Lord
I take English and Us History this year... gonna be painful.

yossarian22

Smash Journeyman
Stats is ridiculously easy, but that might change this year. The first tests they gave out (around 1998) were jokes. You could literally read a prep book for 3 hours, take the test, and get a 5. Hope they don't overcompensate and make the test ridiculously hard this year.
Physics magnetics scared the living hell out of me because of the cutoff point for a 5. It hangs somewhere around 55%~.
The Calc AB test is probably easier than Calc BC, so that shouldn't be too bad. Although my BC teacher was ridiculously good. Around 80% of her students wind up with a 5. I found that class hell and the AP test fairly easy.

I hope that everybody else is more incompetent than you.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
AP exams are exams adminstered by the AP CollegeBoard (not a gov't organization to my knowledge). You take the corresponding course in high school, then the comprehensive test in May. If you pass (score a 3 or higher out of 5, some colleges accept only 4's/5's), you receive college credit for that particular course. I've only taken two before (AP Biology in 2005 and AP U.S. Gov't last Monday) so my opinion is somewhat limited, but they're a great way to get college classes out of the way if you're famaliar with the material. I've got three more over the next two weeks.

5/5/08 ~ AP U.S. Gov't/Politics. 'Twas ridiculously easy.
------------------------
5/8/08 ~ AP English
5/12/08 ~ AP Physics C: Mechanics
5/15/08 ~ AP Macroeconomics
5/16/08 ~ Graduation

So, my next two weeks are PACKED...yup.

Peeze

Smash Master
I took one already(Gov and Policies: US) and i have Eng. Lit coming up thursday. Both pretty simple. Except i forgot what gerrymandering was so I put Jerry Seinfeld+Salamander=Jerrymander. Dont do that.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Are Ap's your final school exams or what?
At my school, we don't take our finals if we take AP Exams.

As for AP Statistics (which was today 5/6), we got the best gamble on open ended. I was so happy that we got all the easy stuff. Hopefully I did well. :p

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
You guys need to be a bit more like good ol' Zook*: Lazy. Anyways, have fun with your AP tests.

*By "good ol' Zook," I refer to myself, not Bazooka. Sorry.

xstompx

Smash Cadet
I took 5 AP exams throughout my junior and senior years and I found them to be very easy (and this is with no real studying outside of class). I wish college was as easy as those were -.-

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I took 5 AP exams throughout my junior and senior years and I found them to be very easy (and this is with no real studying outside of class). I wish college was as easy as those were -.-
Generally the idea is they cram it in your head, you lose it for a while, then you review it beforehand and it completely refreshes you. That's about all there is to it.

rurouni kenshin

Smash Rookie
I took AP Stats this year, the test was so easy T_T especially the multiple choice part.

I'm gonna take AP Macroeconomics .. who is with me ? " Its easy to score a 5 at this AP BTW"

drcossack

Smash Ace
I take English and Us History this year... gonna be painful.
I took US History in my Junior year of HS - I absolutely HATED the AP US History test. I haven't had a test as hard as that since then. I worked my *** off for it and only got a 3.

My school only offered three though - US History, Gov't, and English. I didn't take the others.

At my school, we don't take our finals if we take AP Exams.

As for AP Statistics (which was today 5/6), we got the best gamble on open ended. I was so happy that we got all the easy stuff. Hopefully I did well. :p
All finals or just for the course? I had a final in mine.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I took US History in my Junior year of HS - I absolutely HATED the AP US History test. I haven't had a test as hard as that since then. I worked my *** off for it and only got a 3.

My school only offered three though - US History, Gov't, and English. I didn't take the others.

All finals or just for the course? I had a final in mine.
The course. I don't have to take my Physics or Statistics then. :)

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I had AP US Govt test on Friday and it was way hard and I am willing to admit it. I'm sure I got at least a 3 but BYU only accepts a 4 or 5. We will see.

Lucky though, the document analysis question was on the Vietnam War and I just happened to watch a History Channel program on it, it helped me a ton. What luck, I happened to watch a tv show that explained one year of the several hundred years of history covered in the course and it was on the test.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Odd, mine was completley different and on a different day. Oh well.

I think I got a 4-5 on Goverment, and a 3 on the english exam. The multiple choice was great, but for the essays, I randomly blanked out. I couldn't think of what to write at all, what words to use. I never had that happen before, not even in the first AP test, so I was pretty pissed. The first essay I wrote was terrible, the second was ok, and the third one I thought was good, so I went back and tried to write more for the other essays in order to increase their grade, but I think overall I did pretty bad on that part. I got a 4 on the last english test, so I'm thinking a 3 for this one.

I have economics on Thursday. That's going to be a *****.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Most of my friends take an AP and they are always really tired when they come back from the exam
I take AP Art history next year so I'll understand soon I guess

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I had AP US Govt test on Friday and it was way hard and I am willing to admit it. I'm sure I got at least a 3 but BYU only accepts a 4 or 5. We will see.

Lucky though, the document analysis question was on the Vietnam War and I just happened to watch a History Channel program on it, it helped me a ton. What luck, I happened to watch a tv show that explained one year of the several hundred years of history covered in the course and it was on the test.
That was us history. Not government.

I took the same test. I was absent for the last week when we were going over the 60-90's and I was sick while taking the test.

Of course HALF the questions and the DBQ had to be about stuff that we covered in that one week. T_T

blueGhost

Smash Rookie
Dunno if I'm bumping a dead thread or not, but whatever. I took the Calc BC exam and I have Physics B tomorrow and Language on Wednesday.

What's funny is that after the test, two people got into a car accident in the parking lot and a friend of mine got into a car accident the day after. ha?

Anyway, the calc exam was easy. I am very nervous about the physics exam though: my teacher was/is a newb.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Woah, weird, why did I say gov't? We just call APUSH, AP US History, so I guess I'm not used to writing it out.

~rh

Smash Lord
^ Good luck, man. **** Chemistry.

My AP tests are done, so I'm happy ^^.

Smash Apprentice
I took US History and thought it was pretty easy and ended up sitting there for a while waiting for other people to finish. I am taking Human Geography this Friday, and should probably study because my class is a buch of goofballs and we still have three chapters left in the course (not a real efficient class).

psyt

Smash Journeyman
physics B slapped me around pretty good, but i showed calculus AB who was boss

Top Bottom