• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
If Robin's Final Smash remained as Pair-Up, then I think Anna would be the best choice. Given how long she's been in the Fire Emblem series, I think she at least deserves that much. Furthermore, Awakening is the first Fire Emblem game in which Anna is actually playable. That said, what better way to celebrate her first playable appearance as Robin's partner?

This is exactly why I think Chrom would be an excellent Echo Fighter of Ike. Chrom's sword would be shorter and weaker than Ike's, but the lower knockback would allow for more juggling. Basically, he could be a combo-heavy version of Ike.

As for the awkwardness in attacks, they could easily tweak Chrom's animations so that they better suit his character, as they did with Daisy. For instance, Chrom's fighting stance doesn't have to be exactly the same as Ike's; he could stand and run similarly to how he does in Fire Emblem Warriors. Also, unlike Ike, Chrom could use only one hand for Eruption. As for the flames, he could use Naga's gold-green flames instead of Yune's blue flames. Lastly, his Quick Draw could look like the move he uses in the below video, at 0:10. Unlike Ike's Quick Draw, which knocks the enemy away, Chrom's Quick Draw could stun the enemy, allowing him to follow-up with a jab or tilt.

They certainly have a lot of options for Pair Up partners no doubt. And yeah, if they tweak animations and drop some range, Chrom would work as an Ike echo, but I think that might be a lot of work to do for a simple echo fighter, or maybe not idk. Even with the Naga recolor for the flames I guess it's just that I don't associate Chrom with fire very much...but then again, I don't think Roy or Ike had much to do with fire either. Quick Draw, I see Chrom having whether he's an echo or not, his Luna animation from Awakening is very similar, save for his more upright stance and the way he holds the sword, but functionally the same (since it's part of Aether too) as Ike's, with maybe some key differences to set them apart, such as what you mentioned.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Speaking of victory animations, though, I wonder what Chrom's own animations would be. Maybe reaching down and helping the camera up to its feet? Heheh, anyway, I'm betting that, if not Chrom, we'll get some sort of reveal pretty soon. So far the Ultimate website has only been giving us things we've already seen (well, the soundtracks are new, but those aside, nothing new) and I bet they're padding out time to give us an end of the month reveal.
I'm going to be severely disappointed if that victory animation doesn't make it in. Interacting with the camera is always fun to see since it adds humor to the game, kinda like how they did with the new screen KO's in Smash 4. But yeah, a monthly end of the month reveal is possible since we're only a few months away from the game's release, so announcing something big like a new fighter would help maintain the hype which then, in turn, will further boost sales. If they stuck to the formula of revealing a new fighter every month, we would have about 5 newcomers. Add those with Ridley, Inkling, and Daisy, and that makes a total of 8 newcomers, leaving us with a total of 70 fighters, excluding Echo Fighters, which seems like the best possible roster size and newcomer balance. I could totally be wrong about this, though. They could announce a 9th newcomer in December right before the game's release, or they could announce at least one new echo fighter to throw off the 70 fighter total. Only time and a legit leak will tell, so let's hope for the best, which includes Chrom being in the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They certainly have a lot of options for Pair Up partners no doubt. And yeah, if they tweak animations and drop some range, Chrom would work as an Ike echo, but I think that might be a lot of work to do for a simple echo fighter, or maybe not idk. Even with the Naga recolor for the flames I guess it's just that I don't associate Chrom with fire very much...but then again, I don't think Roy or Ike had much to do with fire either. Quick Draw, I see Chrom having whether he's an echo or not, his Luna animation from Awakening is very similar, save for his more upright stance and the way he holds the sword, but functionally the same (since it's part of Aether too) as Ike's, with maybe some key differences to set them apart, such as what you mentioned.
For Eruption, my idea has always been that Chrom would have whitish-green flames during it, referencing Naga's flames. Instead of Eruption, it'd be called Awakening, referencing when Chrom was bathed in Naga's fire to create the Exalted Falchion. It'd be fitting, too, considering the Awakening rite is what gives Awakening its name. :p

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
For Eruption, my idea has always been that Chrom would have whitish-green flames during it, referencing Naga's flames. Instead of Eruption, it'd be called Awakening, referencing when Chrom was bathed in Naga's fire to create the Exalted Falchion. It'd be fitting, too, considering the Awakening rite is what gives Awakening its name. :p
They could even be cheeky and give him a boost in power after landing one. On the topic of the Awakening rite, I feel like it deserved its own animated cutscene in Awakening, fully showing Chrom resisting the flames and receiving his true power. (Oh well still my favorite game in the series)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They could even be cheeky and give him a boost in power after landing one. On the topic of the Awakening rite, I feel like it deserved its own animated cutscene in Awakening, fully showing Chrom resisting the flames and receiving his true power. (Oh well still my favorite game in the series)
Oh my god you have NO idea how long I've been on the "The Awakening Rite Should Have Gotten a Cutscene" train. :laugh:

Seriously, it's such a pivotal moment in the game and yet it's told through text boxes.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Oh my god you have NO idea how long I've been on the "The Awakening Rite Should Have Gotten a Cutscene" train. :laugh:

Seriously, it's such a pivotal moment in the game and yet it's told through text boxes.

Yeah, and pretty briefly too. Oh well, just have to wait like 15+ years and Awakening will get a remake or something, haha.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, and pretty briefly too. Oh well, just have to wait like 15+ years and Awakening will get a remake or something, haha.
Can't wait for Fire Emblem Echoes: Scourge of the Fell Dragon, hitting stores in 2037. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Featuring Anna, Say'Ri, Tiki, Flavia, and Basilio having more than 3 supports! (I hope...)
And hopefully letting Virion get a boss conversation against Walhart, and more importance in the Valm arc in general. Seriously, Walhart basically razed Rosanne and he doesn't even say anything to him like come on.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
And hopefully letting Virion get a boss conversation against Walhart, and more importance in the Valm arc in general. Seriously, Walhart basically razed Rosanne and he doesn't even say anything to him like come on.
Would've been nice to see Virion have a moment with Walhart, maybe even interact with Say'ri since they're in a similar situation. Come on Reggie give us Awakening 2.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would've been nice to see Virion have a moment with Walhart, maybe even interact with Say'ri since they're in a similar situation. Come on Reggie give us Awakening 2.
That's the worst part...Say'ri got boss conversations, but not Virion. :laugh:

Though I'd settle for a New Mystery localization, Reggie.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
If Robin’s getting a new Pair-Up partner for his FS, the cheapest solution would be to pair him up with Morgan. Heck, flip that around and you also get Morgan as Robin’s Echo Fighter with Robin as her FS. Female Robin would get M!Morgan, of course. There’s also the possibility of having Tharja as Robin’s FS partner due to popularity and like I’ve said before, Grima summon a la FE Heroes.

Bacl to topic, the whole thing about Chrom becoming Ike’s Echo Fighter isn’t really that farfetched. They’re both known as “rough” fighters which is why Viridi mentioned that in Smash 4. All Chrom needs to do is to be a speedy Ike if they go the Echo Fighter route.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
If Robin’s getting a new Pair-Up partner for his FS, the cheapest solution would be to pair him up with Morgan. Heck, flip that around and you also get Morgan as Robin’s Echo Fighter with Robin as her FS. Female Robin would get M!Morgan, of course. There’s also the possibility of having Tharja as Robin’s FS partner due to popularity and like I’ve said before, Grima summon a la FE Heroes.

Bacl to topic, the whole thing about Chrom becoming Ike’s Echo Fighter isn’t really that farfetched. They’re both known as “rough” fighters which is why Viridi mentioned that in Smash 4. All Chrom needs to do is to be a speedy Ike if they go the Echo Fighter route.

I still think it's possible for Pair-Up to have a random handful of Shepherds to show up, but who really knows. On the topic of final smashes, what would Chrom's end up being? Sure we could get a reskinned Great Aether, but seeing as Dark Pit gets his own, I don't see why Chrom couldn't. Maybe he could copy Robin's?

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I still think it's possible for Pair-Up to have a random handful of Shepherds to show up, but who really knows. On the topic of final smashes, what would Chrom's end up being? Sure we could get a reskinned Great Aether, but seeing as Dark Pit gets his own, I don't see why Chrom couldn't. Maybe he could copy Robin's?
No. A “random group of Shepherds” wouldn’t work unless the FS is changed to display that as Robin’s mastery of military tactics. A special attack formation. The quickest and cheapest solution would be to bring in Morgan and with a bit more effort, a quick Echo Fighter as a bonus. Chrom’s FS? They could go with the Awakening Rite and have Chrom crush his enemies with the Exalted Falchion blessed with Naga’s flames.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
No. A “random group of Shepherds” wouldn’t work unless the FS is changed to display that as Robin’s mastery of military tactics. A special attack formation. The quickest and cheapest solution would be to bring in Morgan and with a bit more effort, a quick Echo Fighter as a bonus. Chrom’s FS? They could go with the Awakening Rite and have Chrom crush his enemies with the Exalted Falchion blessed with Naga’s flames.

I think I may have worded that oddly. What I meant was that, perhaps, there are maybe, for example, one of Frederick, Vaike, or Miriel could show up at random, like the original Pair Up but with a random partner rather than always Chrom.

Edit: further clarification, those were just the first three that came to mind, any one could work

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
What if Robin’s new pair up partner is Tharja, since she does follow him around and would want to protect her love. Whether people like her or not, she is a popular Awakening character and her pair up with Robin would make sense.

As for the eruption debate, Chrom could easily just have the ground come apart instead of having the blue flames. Many of Chrom’s moves in Warriors leave that as an after effect.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
What if Robin’s new pair up partner is Tharja, since she does follow him around and would want to protect her love. Whether people like her or not, she is a popular Awakening character and her pair up with Robin would make sense.
I must agree with this.

Now that I've actually read some of her support conversations on YouTube, Tharja is actually a pretty hilarious character. At least, I think so. Her relationship with Robin, in mine opinion, is easily one of the most unique. I've only played Awakening once, and in that playthrough I didn't use Tharja. That said, I took interest in the character after downloading her in Fire Emblem Warriors. Even though Warriors was a mediocre game, they captured the characters quite well.

If Tharja did replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash, I could see their pair-up attack looking a lot like Mjolnir from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. Tharja could conjure a black hole that pulls in nearby enemies, while Robin adds an electric charge to it. Eventually, the electrified black hole explodes, instantly KO'ing anyone whom was caught in it.

Lastly, it would be pretty funny to see Tharja lurking behind Robin during his victory poses.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have read a lot of posts, and people generally believe that Chrom would be an echo of Ike. I know Ike's Chrom themed color was taken out, but I don't think that means Chrom would be an echo of Ike. I think Chrom fits better as a Roy echo. Chrom and Lucina are using the exact same Falchion so having one so much larger then the other would be inconsistent. Sakurai likes paying attention to the small details so that is something he would pay attention to. I think it makes sense. When people like playing as Marth without having to get tippers they can play as Lucina. When people like playing as Roy without having to get a sweet spot they can play Chrom. Also did everyone else forget who also got a mii fighter costume and would fit better as an Ike echo?

The Black Knight anyone?

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I must agree with this.

Now that I've actually read some of her support conversations on YouTube, Tharja is actually a pretty hilarious character. At least, I think so. Her relationship with Robin, in mine opinion, is easily one of the most unique. I've only played Awakening once, and in that playthrough I didn't use Tharja. That said, I took interest in the character after downloading her in Fire Emblem Warriors. Even though Warriors was a mediocre game, they captured the characters quite well.

If Tharja did replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash, I could see their pair-up attack looking a lot like Mjolnir from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. Tharja could conjure a black hole that pulls in nearby enemies, while Robin adds an electric charge to it. Eventually, the electrified black hole explodes, instantly KO'ing anyone whom was caught in it.

Lastly, it would be pretty funny to see Tharja lurking behind Robin during his victory poses.
If Chrom were to be a character, than Tharja makes the most sense for a pair up partner as IS heavily pairs the two up.

Not enough people give Tharja credit, she’s seen as just waifs bait when in reality she’s probably one of the most interesting characters. But the FE fandom complains about everything nowadays, so it’s no surprises that she’s hated.

Also, why don’t you like FE Warriors, I thought it was really good. I know most complain about the lack of older titles, but having all titles would only give each title about 1-2 characters to use. I’d rather just wait for a sequel to get the full main cast of 7, 6, and 9-10, as that way the supporting characters can be in the spotlight as well.

Hey I have read a lot of posts, and people generally believe that Chrom would be an echo of Ike. I know Ike's Chrom themed color was taken out, but I don't think that means Chrom would be an echo of Ike. I think Chrom fits better as a Roy echo. Chrom and Lucina are using the exact same Falchion so having one so much larger then the other would be inconsistent. Sakurai likes paying attention to the small details so that is something he would pay attention to. I think it makes sense. When people like playing as Marth without having to get tippers they can play as Lucina. When people like playing as Roy without having to get a sweet spot they can play Chrom. Also did everyone else forget who also got a mii fighter costume and would fit better as an Ike echo?

The Black Knight anyone?
Chrom takes many personality traits from Ike, so the echo would fit. Ike also got a slimmer design more fitting to Chrom.

Many of Ike’s moves have been done by Chrom especially in Warriors. If the problem is the sword, hen they can easily shrink it down making Chrom a more up close fighter.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
A thousand nopes to Tharja replacing Chrom. That's a terrible idea.
If Chrom was to be a character, than they can’t use him for the Final Smash, so why not have Tharja, as she is the second closest to Robin and would definitely follow him into the world of Smash.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Also, why don’t you like FE Warriors, I thought it was really good. I know most complain about the lack of older titles, but having all titles would only give each title about 1-2 characters to use. I’d rather just wait for a sequel to get the full main cast of 7, 6, and 9-10, as that way the supporting characters can be in the spotlight as well.
I left a review in the below thread.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...-warriors-out-now.446399/page-2#post-21861301

Overall, I would have liked the game better if it had more real-time strategy, better AI, and a deeper, more twisted plot. Also, I think it borrowed too many traits from Hyrule Warriors. Every time I go back to the game, I just get bored. That said, I haven't even completed all the history maps.

Arthur97

Smash Master
If Chrom was to be a character, than they can’t use him for the Final Smash, so why not have Tharja, as she is the second closest to Robin and would definitely follow him into the world of Smash.
No, she may be obsessed, but that is not mutual. Tharja is not important to their characters. Chrom works because no matter what, he will be important to either Robin. The only other option would really be their respective Morgans. If Chrom is in, then the FS should probably change altogether.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
No, she may be obsessed, but that is not mutual. Chrom works because no matter what, he will be important to either Robin. The only other option would really be their respective Morgans. If Chrom is in, then the FS should probably change altogether.
Robin's FS should have him turn into dragon (Grima) like at the end of Awakening

Arthur97

Smash Master
Robin's FS should have him turn into dragon (Grima) like at the end of Awakening
Eh, the point has been made that their thing was not giving into Grima. Besides, they don't really turn into a dragon as much as they are possessed by one. Of course, they have plenty of magical shenanigans so they can just make something up like they have in the past.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The Black Knight anyone?
Honestly, if Chrom needs to be someone's echo, Ike is the way to go. Roy's reverse grip stance doesn't match Chrom at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing is for sure. Whether Chrom gets in or not, Divine Decree (Ablaze) better be in Smash this time. Bonus points if it's in Chrom's demo reel video.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
One thing is for sure. Whether Chrom gets in or not, Divine Decree (Ablaze) better be in Smash this time. Bonus points if it's in Chrom's demo reel video.
It may be a bit somber for Smash (remix I guess could "fix" it) but Don't Speak Her Name would be cool too. For some other soundtracks from the series, Twilight of the Gods and Tearing Shadows would be nice but I'm not holding my breath, especially in the case of the latter. At least we know Destiny (Ablaze) is getting remixed.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
There are so many Ablaze songs (like Destiny) that would light up the Smash battlefields like they do Fire Emblem's, but I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't like some of the normal variants mixed into them. Conquest is one of my favorite songs in the entire series, even if it doesn't quite fit Smash since it's so easygoing and relaxing.

Arthur97

Smash Master
There are so many Ablaze songs (like Destiny) that would light up the Smash battlefields like they do Fire Emblem's, but I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't like some of the normal variants mixed into them. Conquest is one of my favorite songs in the entire series, even if it doesn't quite fit Smash since it's so easygoing and relaxing.
Why is a song called "conquest" so easygoing anyway?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

The Black Knight anyone?
I have to draw the line here. If Chrom is an Ike echo, I can at least stomach that. But there is no way I'll accept a fourth installment of Marth's moveset. The last thing we need is a clone of a (modified) clone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The nice thing is we ARE getting Destiny (Ablaze) this time. It's in Lucina's character trailer. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that what that is?
You can hear it kick into the main melody right at the end. The intro seems to be an original flourish from what I can tell.

Arthur97

Smash Master
You can hear it kick into the main melody right at the end. The intro seems to be an original flourish from what I can tell.
Seemed very Irish/Scottish at the beginning. I didn't really recognize it when I heard, and even if I recognized something of it, I couldn't name it.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
You know at this point I don't know if I'd rather Chrom is revealed before release just so the uncertainty clears up, or if he surprises me by showing up as an unlockable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know at this point I don't know if I'd rather Chrom is revealed before release just so the uncertainty clears up, or if he surprises me by showing up as an unlockable.
I mean, depending on what ends up happening to Robin when it comes to demos, they may need to show him before release. If someone at a tournament prerelease uses Robin's Final Smash and Chrom is gone, it's kind of obvious what happened. :p

Top Bottom