• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

Arthur97

Smash Master
I mean, depending on what ends up happening to Robin when it comes to demos, they may need to show him before release. If someone at a tournament prerelease uses Robin's Final Smash and Chrom is gone, it's kind of obvious what happened. :p
I doubt that they will change the demo lineup really. And even if they do, it's easy enough not to put the Robins.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Robin's FS has to be pair up. What else would it be? Grima is against Smash Robin's character (Grima Robin Echo with Grima FS???) and he doesn't have much else to make him stand out. I think Lyn thinking Robin is Mark a random myriad of popular Awakening characters would just fine for Robin's Pair Up.

The question is, what would Chrom's Final Smash be? Other than the Awakening rite (which would be better used replacing Ike's eruption since Chrom is mainly speculated as an Echo) I can't really think of an "ultimate move" for him. An FS I want to see for FE lords would be their armies (a few popular and meaningful characters from their game) trampling over the enemy. Maybe Frederick and Lissa for Chrom and Tharja and Morgan for Robin.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Robin's FS has to be pair up. What else would it be? Grima is against Smash Robin's character (Grima Robin Echo with Grima FS???) and he doesn't have much else to make him stand out. I think Lyn thinking Robin is Mark a random myriad of popular Awakening characters would just fine for Robin's Pair Up.

The question is, what would Chrom's Final Smash be? Other than the Awakening rite (which would be better used replacing Ike's eruption since Chrom is mainly speculated as an Echo) I can't really think of an "ultimate move" for him. An FS I want to see for FE lords would be their armies (a few popular and meaningful characters from their game) trampling over the enemy. Maybe Frederick and Lissa for Chrom and Tharja and Morgan for Robin.
I've always seen it as this:

Robin - Pair Up with Morgan.
Chrom - Frederick swoops in and delivers a crushing blow to anyone who dared hurt his liege.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

Chrom - Frederick swoops in and delivers a crushing blow to anyone who dared hurt his liege.
I like it.

Bonus points if there's a female Morgan for Male Robin and male Morgan for Female Robin.

Frederick just being in Smash as an NPC sounds awesome, we need more Assist Trophies and the like. Breidablik when Sakurai?
I can see them adding in little details like the gender of Morgan based on that of Robin, Sakurai is always good at attention to detail.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

Bonus points if there's a female Morgan for Male Robin and male Morgan for Female Robin.

Frederick just being in Smash as an NPC sounds awesome, we need more Assist Trophies and the like. Breidablik when Sakurai?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master

Alternatively, Lissa might could help out.

I like it.

I can see them adding in little details like the gender of Morgan based on that of Robin, Sakurai is always good at attention to detail.
*Ahem*Lucina.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ok, ok, you got me on that one. Though, to be fair, she was a last-minute costume upgrade based on her posing as Marth.
And nothing seems to have been done to bring her more in line with her actual self in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Sadly so true, she does deserve better. I blame the same mentality behind Ganondorf being Falcon's clone for so long.
Except he at least got a decent start in Brawl toward differentiating them.

Ahem, I get passionate about this subject.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So what taunts do you guys want Chrom to have?

I imagine the "twirl Falchion and plant it in the ground" victory animation is a necessity.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

I imagine the "twirl Falchion and plant it in the ground" victory animation is a necessity.
I'm having a little trouble imagining the animation that would go with it, but I definitely think there needs to be one where he says "My bonds give me strength!" Maybe they could just have him slash at the air like the start of his Fire Emblem Warriors victory screen or strike his Awakening artwork pose for that one.

I can also see one where he plants Falchion in the ground and either cracks his knuckles or grabs his shoulder and swings his arm around to loosen up his muscles, then picks Falchion back up.

And he should also have one where he proposes to whoever is standing nearest to him.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Except he at least got a decent start in Brawl toward differentiating them.

Ahem, I get passionate about this subject.
It's all good, I would love to see her shine too. As a prominent character of the series, as a whole, she at least deserves stand as her own character.

Same goes for her dad too.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It's all good, I would love to see her shine too. As a prominent character of the series, as a whole, she at least deserves stand as her own character.

Same goes for her dad too.
Again, at this point I would probably settle for her idle animation.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739

As much as I think about it, I can't come up with anything else that could show up aside from the Falchion twirl. Not that it matters anyway, that's the only one I'd be using.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As much as I think about it, I can't come up with anything else that could show up aside from the Falchion twirl. Not that it matters anyway, that's the only one I'd be using.
I actually just thought of the single most potentially-disrespectful taunt ever.

Chrom kneels and extends his arm, saying "Give me your hand" softly. The perfect thing to do at the ledge as the foe tries and fails to recover.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I actually just thought of the single most potentially-disrespectful taunt ever.

Chrom kneels and extends his arm, saying "Give me your hand" softly. The perfect thing to do at the ledge as the foe tries and fails to recover.
You can't do this to people

Roberk

Smash Champion

"There are better places to lie than on the ground you know."

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Whatever one of his taunts might be, can it use the "Now I'm angry" quote?
Perfect, use it after a shield break and then fully charge a Side Smash like you're landing a critical hit.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
As far as "Anything can change!" Do you all think it would be better as a victory quote or a taunt quote?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
As far as "Anything can change!" Do you all think it would be better as a victory quote or a taunt quote?

A part of me wants it to be a taunt simply so I could spam-...er, use it more often, but I think it might work better as a victory quote, as it is one of his, I suppose more "iconic" lines (seeing as it's the only critical line that is unlocked in a sense)
Either way, if he has a reveal trailer, there are no three words better suited for it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Victory quote. "I will not fail!" would be better suited for a taunt, and "Now I'm angry!" would be funny to hear in his Final Smash along with "Your end has come!".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I definitely think "Anything can change!" should be a taunt, one where Chrom strikes his iconic pose. That way both he and Lucina have taunts doing their poses.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I definitely think "Anything can change!" should be a taunt, one where Chrom strikes his iconic pose. That way both he and Lucina have taunts doing their poses.
Perfect for when you make a comeback. Passive aggressive taunts are the best kind of taunts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a point of discussion. When discussing Corrin using the somewhat-spoilery Omega Yato, he said he likes having the Fire Emblem characters wield the ultimate forms of their respective weapons.

With this being the case, do you think Chrom will use the Exalted Falchion?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So here's a point of discussion. When discussing Corrin using the somewhat-spoilery Omega Yato, he said he likes having the Fire Emblem characters wield the ultimate forms of their respective weapons.

Really, I don't see why not. There's a model of consistency there with the other FE swords and Sakurai's proven time and time again that spoilers aren't a problem for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really, I don't see why not. There's a model of consistency there with the other FE swords and Sakurai's proven time and time again that spoilers aren't a problem for him.
Plus I think it'd also help his Falchion stand apart from Lucina's Parallel Falchion.

Give me my orange glowing death sword, Sakurai.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739

It's hard to say. But, I think Corrin's use of the Omega Yato proves that Chrom would probably use the Exalted Falchion. Corrin could have easily just used the normal Yato and it wouldn't have changed anything in their moveset aside from the charging hitbox in side smash. However, I could easily see them defaulting to normal Falchion as well, simply because Lucina already has it.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Also, the Exalted Falchion doesn't really change appearance, and it just really gains a glowing edge and spot in the center. May not be worth it in their eyes to put it in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another leak goes by and Chrom is still in the running.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a question. How would you react if Chrom got in not as an echo, but as a Wolf-esque semi-clone?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So here's a question. How would you react if Chrom got in not as an echo, but as a Wolf-esque semi-clone?
Honestly that may be the route they go for since they said he has properties similar to Ike and Marth. Echoes are like 85-90% similar in moveset to a singular character so a semiclone option is not off the table.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I think I would prefer that over a full clone, would make Chrom stand out a bit more and also make Viridi look dumb. Plus I really don't like Ike's neutral air.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Chrom being given attention would make fans of the old FEs and fans of Three Houses angry and honestly that would make me even happier.
...I’m a fan of the old FEs. I just really like Chrom and Awakening as a whole and think that the main character of the game that saved FE deserves representation.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It'd be great for Chrom, but I'd probably (likely) be salty for Lucina.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom being given attention would make fans of the old FEs and fans of Three Houses angry and honestly that would make me even happier.
Can't really get behind that, really. :/

Especially since some of my favorite Fire Emblem characters are from older titles (Archanea especially).

Top Bottom