• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I will say that it has been rather suspicious how Robin’s page video doesn’t show off their Final Smash; implying they may have a new FS that doesn’t involve Chrom. It could well be a hint at Chrom being playable, and I’d be open to that if that happens, even if he’s an Ike echo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am also still fine with Chrom. Having played Awakening helped tons actually. Ike Echo seems fitting, but even as a stronger, heavier and slower Marth Echo.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I found it funny how people have been saying that Chrom's chances for Smash Ultimate were nonexistent for the longest time but since the Smash devs seems to be embracing moveset clones as Echo Fighters now Chrom's chances have suddenly skyrocketed. With Lyn confined to an assist trophy and with Celica's chances not looking too likely now if there was a new Fire Emblem character added to the roster I would say it would have to be Anna Chrom. I would love to see him break out of the stint Smash 4 gave him and see him join the fight with Robin and Lucina. I also feel like people shouldn't complain if a seventh Fire Emblem character was added considering Mario is at eight reps now and Pokémon technically has nine reps (could potentially be ten if a 7th gen mon gets added) if you consider Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard separately.

Also, is it too late to be added to the support list for Chrom because I would like to be added if possible?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Huge FE fan, and Chrom is my fave lord. With echos now being a thing I think he has a great chance of getting in as an Ike echo for multiple reasons.

1) Viridi pretty much called him an Ike clone in Smash 4
2) Chrom got a Mii fighter costume, so maybe he did well in the polls? King K Rool, Geno, and Ashley got costumes too and they're all pretty popular
3) Chrom is still relevant with FE Warriors and Heroes
4) Robin's final smash is suspiciously MIA
5) It would make fans happy and the MO of Smash Ultimate seems to be to make fans happy
6) FE will probably get a rep, and he seems the most likely unless they add Celica or Anna (which I would not be opposed to)

I've got a good feeling for Chrom in Ultimate. As an echo though. But hey, I'd be happy with that.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'd be happy with Chrom as an echo as well. I like Ike's moveset for him. I would not be confident in Chrom's chances if echo fighters weren't a thing with their own classification, but since they are, Chrom's chances skyrocketed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kind of intriguing to witness sudden growth on Chrom's chances in this community's eyes for the game, especially with how I've had left him behind me eons back due getting tired of his slowly canonized Memetic Loser-status. Though I can't agree more that he'd fit better as an Echo than Daisy would.

I'm rather keeping my eyes open on Robin's MIA Final Smash ATM. While the concept of Chrom as Echo-fighter sounds neat at least, IDK if I wanna fiddle with it too early.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Kind of intriguing to witness sudden growth on Chrom's chances in this community's eyes for the game, especially with how I've had left him behind me eons back due getting tired of his slowly canonized Memetic Loser-status. Though I can't agree more that he'd fit better as an Echo than Daisy would.

I'm rather keeping my eyes open on Robin's MIA Final Smash ATM. While the concept of Chrom as Echo-fighter sounds neat at least, IDK if I wanna fiddle with it too early.
The existence of echos is really his only hope, IMO. I'm not getting my hopes to high but I think he has a pretty good shot.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Of all the Fire Emblem characters in SSBU, the only one whose Final Smash we haven't seen is Robin's. To me, that's a little suspicious. [Shrugs] Then again, there are other characters whose Finals Smashes we haven't seen.

Nevertheless, until we do see Robin's Final Smash, I'm considering Chrom a possibility. Obviously, he would probably Echo Ike. One difference I would like to see is Chrom's Quick Draw going through the opponent instead of stopping upon impact. That would effectively do away with "wall of pain" KO's. His sword would probably be shorter and weaker than Ike's, but would have higher speed.

Since Ike is one of mine favourite characters in the Smash series, I'm all for a Chrom carbon copy.
That was one of Ike's customs, wasnt it?

Arthur97

Smash Master
I found it funny how people have been saying that Chrom's chances for Smash Ultimate were nonexistent for the longest time but since the Smash devs seems to be embracing moveset clones as Echo Fighters now Chrom's chances have suddenly skyrocketed. With Lyn confined to an assist trophy and with Celica's chances not looking too likely now if there was a new Fire Emblem character added to the roster I would say it would have to be Anna Chrom. I would love to see him break out of the stint Smash 4 gave him and see him join the fight with Robin and Lucina. I also feel like people shouldn't complain if a seventh Fire Emblem character was added considering Mario is at eight reps now and Pokémon technically has nine reps (could potentially be ten if a 7th gen mon gets added) if you consider Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard separately.

Also, is it too late to be added to the support list for Chrom because I would like to be added if possible?
I would be fine with Chrom too, but is it really fair to compare Mario to Fire Emblem?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
That was one of Ike's customs, wasnt it?
Hmm, now that you mention it, yes it was. Though, I didn't know this until now, when I looked it up. I never really bothered with custom moves in Smash 4.

[EDIT] And with that, I just thought of another idea: What if Chrom's Quick Draw functioned like Ryu's Focus Punch, in that the longer the charge, the longer the enemy stays stunned? This would make the move great for follow-ups.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Just finished Awakening as my first FE game. It was good, and it makes me want Chrom now. I don't think he's likely though, and 3 characters from a 16 game series seems... excessive.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Just finished Awakening as my first FE game. It was good, and it makes me want Chrom now. I don't think he's likely though, and 3 characters from a 16 game series seems... excessive.
Normally I'd agree, but Awakening is a pretty big game for the series. I mean it essentially brought FE back from the dead, and then some. If any FE game deserves reps, it's that one.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Normally I'd agree, but Awakening is a pretty big game for the series. I mean it essentially brought FE back from the dead, and then some. If any FE game deserves reps, it's that one.
Tell that to the actual Fire Emblem community.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Tell that to the actual Fire Emblem community.
It's crazy how many people don't like Awakening. Especially since it's really not all that dissimilar from previous games. Maybe a bit more accessible, but I'll take that over no Fire Emblem at all (also marriage and children I guess, but I think it was handled well in it, unlike Fates, IMO).

Arthur97

Smash Master
It's crazy how many people don't like Awakening. Especially since it's really not all that dissimilar from previous games. Maybe a bit more accessible, but I'll take that over no Fire Emblem at all (also marriage and children I guess, but I think it was handled well in it, unlike Fates, IMO).
It seems kind of reminiscent of the Smash community and, well, any Smash since Melee.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The first time I heard about Fire Emblem was through the anime adaptation. That was before Smash Melee and the GameCube even existed. Mine first Fire Emblem game was Sacred Stones. Ever since, I've been obsessed with the series. One of mine favourites is Genealogy of the Holy War; I'm really hoping that gets a remake, with some gameplay fixes.

Awakening wasn't bad, in mine opinion, though I hated the open-map chapters, where there was absolutely no terrain to exploit.

I actually like Fire Emblem Fates--at least the Conquest version. Don't care much for Birthright or Revelation. I thought it had great improvements over Awakening, gameplay-wise. I especially liked the new Ninja and Maid/Butler classes introduced. I dare say, I thoroughly enjoyed poisoning and debuffing mine enemies, then finishing them off with a heavy hitter. Brute force just isn't mine style.

But yes, Chrom, in mine opinion, is a pretty good character, personality-wise. He's way different from the other royals in the series, whom give off a more regal air. If he makes it in an Ike Echo Fighter, then depending on the differences I might actually main him over Ike.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I might have been able to accept Robin as the rep from that game and moved on, but the fact that Lucina got in as an echo makes me feel like Chrom deserves at least as much. Yes, Lucina is an important character in that game, but can we really say she is more important than Chrom?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I might have been able to accept Robin as the rep from that game and moved on, but the fact that Lucina got in as an echo makes me feel like Chrom deserves at least as much. Yes, Lucina is an important character in that game, but can we really say she is more important than Chrom?
I’d say Chrom, Lucina, and Robin are all about equally important to Awakening. Chrom basically leads the adult characters, Lucina leads the children, and Robin is the avatar.

Which is all the more reason Chrom should be in smash with his Lucina and Robin

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I’d say Chrom, Lucina, and Robin are all about equally important to Awakening. Chrom basically leads the adult characters, Lucina leads the children, and Robin is the avatar.

Which is all the more reason Chrom should be in smash with his Lucina and Robin
But Lucina doesn't really lead the children; Chrom does. She may have lead them in a different timeline, but at the point of the game in which they are actually playable, they are recruited by either Chrom or their respective parent. Lucina cannot recruit them. Chrom leads the entire army regardless of which time they are from. Lucina serves to introduce the time travelling children mechanic and she gives exposition on the dark future we are trying to avoid, which is important, but Chrom is the central character who is playable at all stages of the game (including the prologue). He's the character that must be in every story battle. You can bench Lucina as soon as you get her. If Chrom dies, it's game over. If Lucina "dies," she is wounded and you can't use her anymore but the game moves on. Also, it's Chrom's sprite that you move around on the world map.

I'm not trying to dump on Lucina, but I don't think it's accurate to say she is equally as important as Chrom.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I think Chrom is kinda confirm to appear as fighter we didn't see Robin Final Smash I think Robin new Final Smash might be involve with powerful magic or Replace Chrom with some other character Tharja I wish I love Tharja and Ike dont have Chrom swap in the Demo I wonder what that means. And Chrom should be in because FEA is one those franchise that revival the series back on its feet threw this day. I'm supporting Chrom once again oh and why would Chrom say I have my chance another day in smash 4 I wouldn't be surprise to see him announce close to release or maybe official believable leak like ESRP leak also Dataminors cant forget about that.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
But Lucina doesn't really lead the children; Chrom does. She may have lead them in a different timeline, but at the point of the game in which they are actually playable, they are recruited by either Chrom or their respective parent. Lucina cannot recruit them. Chrom leads the entire army regardless of which time they are from. Lucina serves to introduce the time travelling children mechanic and she gives exposition on the dark future we are trying to avoid, which is important, but Chrom is the central character who is playable at all stages of the game (including the prologue). He's the character that must be in every story battle. You can bench Lucina as soon as you get her. If Chrom dies, it's game over. If Lucina "dies," she is wounded and you can't use her anymore but the game moves on. Also, it's Chrom's sprite that you move around on the world map.

I'm not trying to dump on Lucina, but I don't think it's accurate to say she is equally as important as Chrom.
Hmm yeah I suppose this is true. In terms of gameplay Chrom is front and center.
But I was thinking more story wise. She’s just as crucial as Robin and Chrom. She’s just more behind the scenes for the majority of the game

But anyway, back to Chrom. Don’t wanna derail the thread. Even though I could talk about FE all day

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
So, assuming Chrom gets in as a clone of Ike, what do you suppose his difference will be? My brother suggested he might use lightning for his neutral special and maybe a jumping version of the side special.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Hmm yeah I suppose this is true. In terms of gameplay Chrom is front and center.
But I was thinking more story wise. She’s just as crucial as Robin and Chrom. She’s just more behind the scenes for the majority of the game

But anyway, back to Chrom. Don’t wanna derail the thread. Even though I could talk about FE all day
In the end, we both agree that all three of them deserve to be in Smash. It doesn't really matter who got in first as long as all three of them make it. I'm optimistic of Chrom's chances.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I would be fine with Chrom too, but is it really fair to compare Mario to Fire Emblem?
What I was basically trying to say was that despite what people say on the internet Fire Emblem is a big selling and popular franchise that even Nintendo acknowledges as such and that I wouldn't mind seeing a seventh Fire Emblem rep in Smash. Do I think Mario and Fire Emblem are of equal popularity? No, Mario is still a much bigger and popular franchise (not that I'm trying to talk down Fire Emblem mind you).

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I like those ideas! Just slight tweaks here and there.

Chrom will probably be a bit faster and maybe slightly less heavy hitting than Ike. At least the up-B will be canon lol

I wonder what his final will be. It would be awesome if he called in the Shepherds or even just Frederick.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Oh. My. GOD! Guess what? I played my first Fire Emblem game (Fire Emblem Awakening) for the first time and it's freaking good. I might get Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright next. I support!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Oh. My. GOD! Guess what? I played my first Fire Emblem game (Fire Emblem Awakening) for the first time and it's freaking good. I might get Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright next. I support!
Glad you liked Awakening! It's a great game. Fates is great as well (although I personally prefer Conquest). I'd definitely recommend all 3 version of Fates if you end up liking Birthright.

Good to have another Chrom supporter :)

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I like those ideas! Just slight tweaks here and there.

Chrom will probably be a bit faster and maybe slightly less heavy hitting than Ike. At least the up-B will be canon lol

I wonder what his final will be. It would be awesome if he called in the Shepherds or even just Frederick.
I'd love to see Lissa in his Final Smash, personally, but if he's an echo of Ike, he'll probably just have Ike's Final Smash.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Yes, with Echo Fighters being a thing (and Viridi’s comment), Chrom’s best shot at Smash is being Ike’s Echo Fighter. He still has my support.

Robin can get a certain fell dragon as his FS.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Oh yes, L2 Sentinel L2 Sentinel , Lissa being in Chrom's final smash would be awesome! Maybe get her, Frederick, and Cordelia in as a trio. But I'd also just take her or Frederick alone as well. I really hope they don't just copy and paste Chrom into Ike's final. At least give him something unique, especially since finals are more cinematic now

Lord-Zero Lord-Zero Grima as Robin's final would be dope! Never thought of that

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
It's a little “spoiler-ish” but Awakening has been out for quite a while and it’s the most logical choice that wouldn’t anger shippers. Other options would be Tharja (stalking Robin across dimensions would be in-character for her) Morgan (parent and child combo attack), Lissa or Frederick (Lissa and Frederick are part of the starting party).

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Actually, I take it back about any magic attack or Grima. Now that you mention it I totally want Tharja in Robin's final smash! It would be hilarious, and very fitting for her.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It's a little “spoiler-ish” but Awakening has been out for quite a while and it’s the most logical choice that wouldn’t anger shippers. Other options would be Tharja (stalking Robin across dimensions would be in-character for her) Morgan (parent and child combo attack), Lissa or Frederick (Lissa and Frederick are part of the starting party).
Lucina is kind of a spoiler. They don't exactly hide that she's Chrom's daughter.

Also, please, no Tharja.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I don't think the smash devs has any problems spoiling thing since other games like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Xenoblade Chronicles has their stuff spoiled in smash as well. So I wouldn't put it past them if they had Robin summon the fell dragon's head as part of his final smash if that is what they are planning to do; even Fire Emblem Heroes have both Robins doing it now.

Also, I would love it if Chrom's final smash had him bring in Lissa and Frederick as part of his 'Pair Up' attack. Though realistically if he is an Echo Fighter of Ike he would probably just use Great Aether just because that would be easier for the devs to do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally I'd rather Robin not have Grima as his Final Smash. The whole point of his Awakening arc was that he wasn't bound to his fate to become Grima, so having him become Grima in what should be his ultimate attack just sort of rubs me the wrong way.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'd rather Robin not have Grima as his Final Smash. The whole point of his Awakening arc was that he wasn't bound to his fate to become Grima, so having him become Grima in what should be his ultimate attack just sort of rubs me the wrong way.
I agree, hence why I suggested in a thread on this topic that his Final Smash should be an extremely powerful Thunder spell that never appeared in the Fire Emblem series. Sort of like Mario's Final Smash in that regard.

Top Bottom