• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
If we see that image again we could probably just report it. It doesn't contribute to the discussion. Its just disturbing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, lets talk about something else then that is Chrom related.

What about his other animations such as his taunts, victory, lose poses etc? You know the drill.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... should we expect some memetic lines from Chrom, like what we got from Ike in Brawl? :laugh:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What do you guys want the crowd to yell when they're cheering for Chrom? Nothin' really rhymes with it except prom, so you can't get a snappy "we like Ike". I guess he'd probably just get the "Chrom, chrom, chroooommmmm!" treatment.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
One of his "memetic" phrases needs to be his one critical hit phrase. "ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!". Imagine how epic that would be when activating a Final Smash and mounting a comeback.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What do you guys want the crowd to yell when they're cheering for Chrom? Nothin' really rhymes with it except prom, so you can't get a snappy "we like Ike". I guess he'd probably just get the "Chrom, chrom, chroooommmmm!" treatment.

Chrom rocks your Mom! I have no idea. ^^;

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kuuu - roooo - muuu! :troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Chrom's the bomb!

This is probably 100% going to be the reality. It fits the trend. Let's see:

Roy's our boy!
We like Ike!

Uh...Marth's a...larf?

Still, Chrom's da bomb! works just fine.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
"We like Ike!" was the campaign slogan for President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Who also once was a general.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"We like Ike!" was the campaign slogan for President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Who also once was a general.

It's true. It was a nice reference, but they've totally got this rhyming thing going on. It happened twice! It's a theme now!

"Chrom's your mom!"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've noticed that there is a burst of activity in this thread, but I don't understand why.

It's because everyone suddenly realized Chrom is the best and most likely newcomer. Honestly, I can't believe I didn't see it before now. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still working on my Chrom moveset. Thinking about giving him Peach's Side Special...

I'll probably finish it after my finals are over.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'd like chrom and lucina, and considering awakening's amazing performance i wouldn't be surprised to see both. It is the most recent and is probably more widely known than the others. I'd rather have lucina than marth and chrom rather than ike

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The previous page was one of the greatest, most disturbing things of all time. I sort of want to buy one of those for a friend of mine :troll:

However, Chrom is still awesome. Yep.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like chrom and lucina, and considering awakening's amazing performance i wouldn't be surprised to see both. It is the most recent and is probably more widely known than the others. I'd rather have lucina than marth and chrom rather than ike
To each his own, but I don't see Marth getting replaced, and I would rather not have Chrom replace anyone. Really, i'd rather them represent old and new with Roy and Chrom, along with Marth and Ike.

JPW

Smash Ace
didn't realise it was that disturbing. I was just having a laugh with it.
Looks like we got some serious Chrom Supporters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

anyway i'm kind of hoping Chrom still makes the cut but not with us losing Ike in the process.

Also i recently got Ike to join my FE roster from the Renown Awards. And even though Chrom shows us a new way to do Aether. Ike's Aether is still the same with the jump and all.

I actually had this weird dream that they were fighting together as one. Chrom and Lucina that is. Chrom starts off a Combo and then Lucina comes in and finishes it.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The previous page was one of the greatest, most disturbing things of all time. I sort of want to buy one of those for a friend of mine :troll:

However, Chrom is still awesome. Yep.
THANKS FOR PEAKING MY CURIOSITY

I HAD TO SEE WHAT IT WAS

I JUST HAD TO

WISH I DIDN'T

THANKS

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
THANKS FOR PEAKING MY CURIOSITY

I HAD TO SEE WHAT IT WAS

I JUST HAD TO

WISH I DIDN'T

THANKS
Hey man. I know life gets you down sometimes. But when that happens, you just gotta turn the other....cheek. :troll:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
to change the subject..

do you think the FE logo/symbol/emblem/whatchamacallit will be the brand of the exalt this time?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It would certainly make a lot more sense than just an icon of a sword, but I'm wondering if they would even consider changing it. Haven't icons always been consistent throughout the Smash Bros. series? I think they may not change it simply under the principle of that it's represented Fire Emblem for at least two Smash Bros. now.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
to change the subject..

do you think the FE logo/symbol/emblem/whatchamacallit will be the brand of the exalt this time?
Nah. Emblems don't change. They're updated occasionally (like making the pokeball look more like a pokeball) but they never change. Besides the Falchion is a pretty big part of the series. Bigger than the brand of the exalt.

It would certainly make a lot more sense than just an icon of a sword, but I'm wondering if they would even consider changing it. Haven't icons always been consistent throughout the Smash Bros. series? I think they may not change it simply under the principle of that it's represented Fire Emblem for at least two Smash Bros. now.
Just to clarify, the sword is the Falchion which is Marth's sword and the most reoccurring sword in the series.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I thought that was the case, but Falchion's Awakening design is definitely different and Roy's Sword of Seals looks different from the design as well, leaving me to believe that it was supposed to be a generic sword since both characters debuted in Smash together.

Did we get a complete statement on the icon actually being Falchion, or is that just the main consensus?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought that was the case, but Falchion's Awakening design is definitely different and Roy's Sword of Seals looks different from the design as well, leaving me to believe that it was supposed to be a generic sword since both characters debuted in Smash together.

Did we get a complete statement on the icon actually being Falchion, or is that just the main consensus?

It looks just like the Falchion's original design.

Skip to the end. It's where it goes over FE stuff.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ah. Fair enough then. I also looked at the wiki, and Chrom's Falchion appearing different is actually justified in that it has been reforged over the centuries, giving it its revamped appearance. Congratulations for being correct. Have a big handful of self-satisfaction--my treat!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. Fair enough then. I also looked at the wiki, and Chrom's Falchion appearing different is actually justified in that it has been reforged over the centuries, giving it its revamped appearance. Congratulations for being correct. Have a big handful of self-satisfaction--my treat!
I... well....

I don't try to post, just to be right. I just want to teach other people things they don't know...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Twice in the past 3 minutes you've interpreted me to be more serious than I am. Seriously though, thank you for clearing that up for me. It was helpful.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Twice in the past 3 minutes you've interpreted me to be more serious than I am. Seriously though, thank you for clearing that up for me. It was helpful.
Well the other time was me being completely confused. So I couldn't interpret anything. :troll:

No sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom